Step-by-step guide on how to send parcels to another country
Step 1: Choose the courier company to send your package to another country
- Firstly, consider the cost of shipping with different carriers and compare them to find the most cost-effective option. With our shipping calculator, you can do this within 2 minutes.
- Secondly, consider what delivery time you are aiming at, as courier companies offer various services you can choose from.
- Thirdly, it is important to consider each carrier’s size and weight restrictions and ensure that the item follows the regulations of the courier company.
- Choose the best-suited shipping service according to the dimensions and item sensitivity. You can choose anything from Standard Shipping to Van Delivery with Eurosender.
- Lastly, consider that your shipment may undergo customs procedures when sending parcels to another country outside the EU.
You may want to continue reading about:
Step 2: Package your items safely to endure shocks during transport
Preparing a parcel for shipping requires careful attention to detail and following the instructions of the courier service you are using. We have prepared a packing guide for various items to ensure our customers and their shipments are always prepared in advance.
- Ensure that the item is securely packaged in a box or other suitable container that is strong enough to protect the item from any damage during shipping.
- Make sure you add wrapping and padding materials to your shipment
- The packaging should also be marked with the sender’s and receiver’s contact information, a description of the item, the weight and dimensions of the package, and any other relevant information.
Find all instructions about preparing a shipment for delivery here.
Step 3: Label and mail your package to the destination
When labelling a package for shipment, it is essential to ensure that the label is printed and applied to the box correctly. Some courier companies may provide labels to be printed and attached to the package by the sender, while others may bring the labels with them when they come to collect the parcel. Here is what to do if you do not have a printer at home to print the label.
When the package is ready for collection, the courier will arrive to pick it up. Once the parcel has been collected from your premises, it will be taken to a sorting facility. From there, it will be processed and sent to the final destination.
Many courier services have tracking available so that you always know where your shipment is.
Now, check the prices for your route!
How to receive a package from another country?
If you are expecting to receive a package from another country, you will need to arrange for someone to be present when the courier arrives. This could be you, someone who lives at your address or your neighbour’s address. If there’s no one at your address when the courier comes, they will leave a card telling you that they tried to deliver.When shipping through Eurosender, you will get up to three delivery attempts in most countries!
Continue reading to understand whether the receiver pays for the shipping or any applicable customs.
Sending packages to another country with different couriers: How does it work?
Can UPS deliver packages to another country?
Yes, UPS can deliver to other countries. Depending on the location, they may offer door-to-door deliveries or only to PO boxes, so we recommend you check this information beforehand. If you are expecting a package from another country, you will need to arrange for someone to be present when the courier arrives. This could be you, someone who lives at your address or your neighbour.
Read more about shipping with UPS here.
Can FedEx deliver parcels to another country?
Yes, FedEx can deliver packages to other countries. They offer international shipping services to more than 220 countries and territories. You can use their website to check the delivery options for each particular country.
Read more about shipping with FedEx here.
Can DHL deliver packages to another country?
Yes, DHL can deliver packages internationally. They have a wide network of delivery options that allow you to choose which country you want the shipment delivered to. Similar to how other couriers work, if you are expecting that if you are expecting to receive a package from another country, you will need to arrange for someone to be present when the courier arrives.
Read more about shipping with DHL here.
Still have questions?
Check our delivery guides for more information.