Posters are a very popular and particular form of art that finds its admirers all over the world. Very often people have to send posters, which are often unique works of art and bright examples of some direction in the art industry, over long distances. In this article, we will look at how you can properly pack and ship a poster, whether abroad or domestically, in complete security and at a minimal cost. If you are already prepared, you can use our special online tool below to go directly to the stage of booking our courier services. However, to make sure you have prepared your posters for shipping carefully enough, be sure to read our expert tips below as well. Shipping posters by courier is easy!
How to prepare a poster for shipping?
As posters are made on paper, even though it’s usually a high-quality paper, they are items that can be easily damaged. Given this, you will need to properly prepare and protect your posters before their transportation. To do so, you will need the following packaging materials:
- Shipping tube (-s) made of solid and rigid cardboard and having a cap.
- White acid-free tissue paper.
- Cushioning material (if applicable), such as foam rubber, bubble wrap or packing peanuts.
- Bubble wrap.
- Adhesive tape.
How to properly pack a poster for shipping?
- Take a poster that you want to send and cover its printed area with a white acid-free tissue paper.
- Prepare the shipping tube (if applicable). If the length of your rolled poster does not match ideally the length of the tube, you can put come cushioning material, such as foam rubber, bubble wrap or packing peanuts at the bottom of the tube to reduce the free space inside and prevent your item from shifting.
- Roll carefully your poster together with an acid-free tissue paper and place it in the shipping tube.
- Close the shipping tube firmly with a cap. After this, it would be good to protect the ends of the tube with a bubble wrap. Take time to bubble wrap both ends of the tube and fix such protection with enough adhesive tape.
Now you know how to pack and ship posters abroad or within a country in a simple and safe manner. Should you have any questions at the stage of preparing and packing your item, do not hesitate to contact us. In fact, shipping posters by courier via Eurosender is very easy!
Is the shipping of a poster covered by insurance?
All standard shipments via Eurosender are automatically insured for the amount up to € 200 per parcel. Besides that, you can buy extra insurance at a very reasonable price. At the same time, please note that shipping insurance does not apply to high-value items, fragile items, paintings and food products.
We hope that our tips for packing and sending posters by courier have helped you. Nevertheless, if you have any specific questions on how to pack and ship a poster abroad or domestically, do not hesitate to contact us by email or by phone! Our customer support specialists will be happy to assist you and help you to organize the shipment of your posters or any other authorized items you would like to ship.
Last modified: November 11, 2019