Royal Caribbean luggage allowance and restrictions
Royal Caribbean is the world second-largest cruise line company. Renamed Royal Caribbean International, the company offers routes all around the globe and has its headquarters in Miami, Florida. Learn the Royal Caribbean luggage allowance policy details and check the best solution to manage extra luggage delivered to your destination. Pack smart and get all your holiday favourites with you with our door-to-door luggage shipping services.
Royal Caribbean luggage allowance
What is the Royal Caribbean luggage allowance policy? Although there may be special packages or extra services, the main policy can be summarised as follows:
- A maximum of 90 kg (200lbs) per passenger and room. The cruise line recommends limiting the luggage to a reasonable amount, which many experienced cruisers consider two pieces of luggage.
- Carry-on luggage: a small bag or suitcase you can carry yourself to the cabin.
Royal Caribbean luggage restrictions and prohibited items
The Royal Caribbean luggage rules are quite loose when it comes to the size and amount of luggage items. However, as with many other cruise lines, the Royal Caribbean luggage allowance policy lists several prohibited items, as security on board is a priority.
The forbidden luggage items Royal Caribbean list include:
- Alcohol and other beverages: alcohol is not permitted on board. All alcohol bottles will be seized and not returned. The alcohol bought on ports or excursions will be retained until the end of the cruise.
- Food: guests are allowed to board with non-perishable food, pre-packaged and in limited quantities.
- Firearms and ammunition: including realistic replicas or antiques.
- Sharp objects: razor blades and small grooming scissors are allowed.
- CBD Oil: CBD and other CBD products are forbidden and will not be returned.
- Objects or appliances that generate heat or an open flame: such as candles, incense, coffee makers, clothes irons, travel steamers or kettles.
- Electrical extension cords
Royal Caribbean alcohol policy
Can I bring drinks on the Royal Caribbean cruise? Generally, alcohol is forbidden on board, following the Royal Caribbean prohibited items policy. However, according to the Royal Caribbean alcohol policy, guests may bring 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne on boarding day. If you buy alcohol in a port your ship visits, you can bring it on board, although Royal Caribbean will confiscate it until the last night of the cruise, when it will be returned to you.
The guests are allowed to bring small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages, usually up to 12 soda cans. The cans will have to be inside the carry-on luggage.
What can Eurosender do? Alternatives to the Royal Caribbean luggage restrictions & luggage policy
Send sports equipment, electronics, souvenirs or extra clothing items to and from the excursion sports and avoid the Royal Caribbean luggage restrictions. Enjoy your journey to the max and forget about carrying all your Royal Caribbean luggage to travel hassle-free. Ship your luggage through Eurosender and pick up your suitcases directly at the port, hotel or resort and have it embarked to the ship. A trusted courier will take care of your luggage while you enjoy your journey without any extra worry.
Shipping your extra luggage with Eurosender
NEED MORE INFORMATION?