Arrange the shipping from a cinema theatre | Lost & Found items shipping
Did you recently lose some of your items in a movie theatre? With Eurosender you can ship your lost and found belongings from a cinema or theatre, and our best couriers will deliver it to your door. Learn what steps you should take to have it couriered back to you.
If you want to courier to your address the items you lost at the cinema, use the calculator below to check the price you will pay.
How to find the lost items at the cinema theatre?
- Contact the theatre and explain the situation. Report about the lost items in the movie theatre and arrange the shipping of the items you have lost at the cinema theatre.
- Provide the information about your visit – the title of the movie you were watching, the date and time of the show, as well as the auditorium number you were at. Any information will be helpful in finding your lost item.
- Try to remember the time when the item was lost. For example, it may help to find an exact moment with the help of cameras and check if the lost items weren’t stolen.
- Provide a detailed description of the lost property, including colour, brand, size, shape, material, etc.
- Provide your real contact information so the cinema workers could get in touch with you when they find your items lost in the movie theatre.
According to statistics, umbrellas, cell phones, scarves, gloves, sunglasses are items people lose the most at the movie theatres. However, sometimes even jewellery, wallets and passports get lost in the cinema theatres.
If you have lost a property at a cinema theatre, and it was found, the cinema will hold onto it for you for a reasonable length of time. Each movie theatre defines the time for keeping lost and found items.
Retrieve a lost item from a movie theatre
Shipping your left wallet at the movie theatre directly to your home with courier services could be tricky as you need to consider many factors such as working hours, the contact information of the person, who will give your lost object to the courier, and the cinema address. Ask the cinema representatives to provide you with the correct address to avoid mistakes. Here you can check the example of how to write pick-up address of the movie theatre:
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: United Kingdom
- Name & Surname
Add the full name of the consignee.
Ex.: Jacqueline Campbell
Fill out the address in full.
Ex.: BFI IMAX, 1 Charlie Chaplin Walk
- Additional info – Optional
Keep in mind that this section is optional and not always taken into account by the courier. Avoid writing essential information here.
- Zip code
Add the zip code
Add the full name of the town or city.
- Phone number
Add the phone number of the consignee
Ex.: +44 330 333 7878
How to arrange the shipping of lost items at the cinema theatre with Eurosender?
In most cases, personal items lost in the movie theatre are small-sized, so you can choose the standard shipping service. If you need to get back your passport or wallet lost in the movie theatre in the shortest terms possible, we recommend you to book the express shipping service. Your belongings or documents will arrive at your place in only 24 hours.
Whether you will choose a standard shipping service or an express service, Eurosender will provide you with a unique tracking number, so you can check the location of your items at any time. You can use our tracking tool below to check where your items lost at the movie theatre are at any point.
How to pack items lost at the movie theatre for shipping?
To deliver your lost and found objects from the movie theatre without damages and loses, make sure your item is packed correctly. You should advise the contact person at the cinema about the best packaging method, depending on the type of item you lost.
Personal documents can be inserted in an envelope, while bigger objects should be placed inside a cardboard box. For fragile items, recommend them using additional padding inside the box.
Things to consider when shipping lost items from a cinema theatre with Eurosender:
- You need to contact a person at the cinema and discuss the details of the shipping.
- The item has to be packed properly; otherwise, the courier might not collect it. Therefore, you need to make sure that an employee at the cinema will handle the packaging on your behalf.
- Keep in mind the opening hours of the cinema and provide this information to the courier.
- You need to provide the exact cinema address (including the street number), not only the name of the movie theatre. Include the name of the contact person and a phone number.
- Inform the people responsible for handing-in your items about the pick-up date.
- Please, check the list of prohibited and restricted items before shipping. If you’re unsure whether your item is restricted or you’re considering sending a restricted item, you can contact our team and ask us about it.