Retrieve your lost luggage from Hilton London Metropole
Have you stayed at Hilton London Metropole and forgot your items there? If the hotel staff found them and they are now at the lost and found the department of the Hilton hotel, the only worry is to find a reliable courier service to ship your items back home.
Here is where Eurosender came come into play and offers affordable shipping services for sending your lost items from the Hilton London Metropole hotel to your home, anywhere in Europe. Curious about how much this will cost you?
Check our engine below!
London is the optimum destination for young professionals, international students and travellers from all around the world. Hilton London Metropole, on the other hand, is also a very popular hotel, especially among businessmen and businesswomen. Not only does it provide accommodation, but it is also a conference centre. It is located on Edgware Road in central London and it has more than 1000 rooms.
Maybe you visited London for a business trip and stayed at the Hilton Metropole Hotel. Or you might be following an academic career and you visited the hotel’s conference hall. The trip is now over but you just realized that you forgot your laptop charger, your notes, your prescription glasses or another personal item in your hotel room. It could even be an entire suitcase.
You have already contacted the reception and you learned that they have stored your belongings, so you can retrieve them. However, you might be living on the other side of the country or even outside the UK. Before you accept the loss of your beloved items, consider the option of having them shipped to your doorstep.
Important: When booking lost and found items shipping services, it is important to provide us with an accurate pick-up address. In this case, you will need to write down the address of the place in which your lost property is temporarily stored. If you are unsure whether the pick-up location details are correct, you can contact the airport’s lost and found department for more information. If you simply insert the airport’s address, the courier driver might be unable to locate the person responsible for handing-in your lost property.
Lost and found items shipping | Eurosender
Eurosender is an online platform for booking logistics services in Europe. We help you find the most affordable, reliable and convenient way to ship items from one place to another in the most convenient way. You might be thinking whether it is worth booking a shipping service to retrieve your lost luggage or if it is even possible to arrange this with the hotel.
To begin with, courier and logistics services have now become less costly, thanks to platforms like Eurosender. Since there are many orders through our platform, our negotiating power increases, which translates to better prices for everyone. At the same time, the booking process has become so easy, that could be compared with ordering takeaway food online.
How can you retrieve your lost luggage from Hilton London Metropole:
If you decided to book the shipping service on Eurosender platform, here is what you need to have in mind:
- Contact the hotel and ask about the day when the parcel can be available for pick-up. Ideally, you should also have a contact person who can be contacted by the courier driver, in case it’s needed.
- Make sure they can package the items for you in the recommended manner. Please note that the items will not be collected if they are not properly packaged.
- Book the service on our website and make sure you write complete and accurate details about the pick-up address.
As for whether arranging a shipping service from a hotel reception is possible, we can assure you that, in most cases, it should not be a problem. Just make sure that you contact the hotel so that they can prepare your items for shipping and arrange an available pick-up date. After completing the order through our booking engine, all you will have to do is wait for the courier driver to knock at your door!
Retrieve your lost luggage from Hilton London Metropole| What items can I ship and how do they have to be packaged?
You might have left your suitcase behind. Or maybe another, smaller item, such as an electronic device or a USB stick with important documents. Anything that is inanimate and does not contain explosives or anything inherently dangerous, can be shipped through Eurosender. Sports equipment and musical instruments can also be sent through us.
- Suitcases must be covered with a protective plastic film, including the handles and the wheels. All zippers should be closed and, if there are any fragile items within the suitcase, they should be wrapped with a generous amount of bubble wrap.
- Individual items that are left behind can be shipped in a package. The protective measures that should be taken depend on how fragile these items are. Eurosender has created a detailed guide on how to pack various items for shipping. These include laptops, ceramics and musical instruments.
Packages and suitcases that fit our standard dimensions and weight (up to 40 kg, the maximum length of 175 cm) are eligible for standard shipping. All you have to do is use our engine and book the service. This will take a few seconds and it will be as easy as online shopping.
Before you book a service in which the pick-up or delivery address is a hotel, make sure that you contact the hotel manager. In this way, he/she will make sure that someone will be at the reception at the pick-up or delivery time. Also, if the shipping will take place from the hotel address, make sure that the management will pack your items properly. That is because, for any damage inflicted due to improper packaging, you won’t be able to claim back the costs and recover the losses.
If your package our suitcase does not fit our standard dimensions, then you can ask for an individual offer. All you have to do is fill in the “individual offer” form and we will get back to you with an e-mail. Do not worry; you can always reject the offer after receiving it.
I want to retrieve my items from another hotel. Is it possible?
Hilton London Metropole is not the only hotel from which we can pick-up lost and found items. Our services are door-to-door – as long as the hotel has a reception and the manager is willing to help, there will be no problem. Lost and found items shipping is therefore possible from any hotel, hostel and Airbnb. Just make sure that the people in charge of sending your shipment are willing to properly pack them before the pick-up. It goes without saying that the pick-up can take place at houses and apartments as well.
Additional considerations | Eurosender | Lost and found items shipping
- We offer free basic insurance (of up to 200€) for every shipment. Extra insurance can also be purchased at a very low price.
- Our services are door-to-door; no need to search for a drop-off point.
- We will always offer you the lowest price in the market. This is a result of constant negotiations.
- Safety is our priority; we work with the most reliable logistics companies.
- You will always be provided with a tracking number. This way you will know where your shipment is located.
- We can answer any question regarding your shipment; just send us an e-mail or call us.