How to pack a bottle of rum for international shipping
Rum, the distilled alcoholic drink made from sugar cane, has been popular for centuries. Originally from the Caribbean, it didn’t take long for the drink to conquer the world. Nowadays rum is widely available as other distilled drinks such as whiskey and vodka. Shipping rum overseas to someone for a birthday or a wedding anniversary makes a great present that will be sincerely appreciated. You can easily find the cheapest way to ship rum when you ship with Eurosender. We will show you how to ship a bottle of rum in the step-by-step guide below. The only things you need to do is gather the packing materials for rum and pack the bottles. Eurosender will take care of all the rest and you don’t have to worry about anything at all.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your bottles for shipping.
General tips for rum delivery with courier service
The advice below can be applied to any shipment with Eurosender and not only to cheap rum delivery with courier. Please read it carefully to avoid issues concerning pick-up and delivery. When you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team, which is ready to answer you in 15 languages.
- Be present on the pick-up date: Make sure that you are able to hand over the package. When you are planning to leave the territory, place the order two days before your departure date. You can also ask someone else to be present at your door to hand over the shipment.
- Be aware that when the pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden or Spain, you must print and attach the label by yourself. In other countries, the courier does that.
- Size matters. The size of your package determines the cost of your shipment. Check the dimensions with our free online Shipment Dimension Tracker below. Remember to measure the package only after packing it.
Check which service to choose
Packing materials for rum
With these packing materials, you can give your rum the ultimate protection. You can find all these materials for shipping rum overseas in your local hardware store or stationery shop. If you would like to go for a smaller ecological footprint you can use second-hand material. Just make sure that they are completely intact.
- Three boxes made of cardboard: They have to be of consecutive size.
- Bubble wrap: Make sure that you have enough to ensure proper protection.
- Ziploc bags: For the bottles
- Towel: To absorb the liquid in case of damage
- Cushioning material: This could be packing peanuts, shredded paper or cardboard.
- Tape: Any kind of adhesive tape will do.
- Scissors: To cut the materials.
How to ship a bottle of rum safely
For the cheapest way to ship rum, you can use the packing instructions below. We will guide you through the packing process with the before mentioned packing materials for rum.
- Put the bottle of rum in the Ziploc bag. Then wrap it in the towel and after that in bubble wrap.
- Take the smallest box. Fill the box with cushioning material and put the bubble wrapped bottle in the box.
- Fill up the box with cushioning material and seal with tape. Shake it a bit to be sure that nothing moves.
- Take the second box. Fill up the bottom with cushioning material and place the smallest box inside. Fill up the box with cushioning material and seal with tape. Shake once more to be confident that nothing moves.
- Wrap the second box in bubble wrap.
- Take the biggest box. Fill the bottom with cushioning material and place the second bubble wrapped box inside. Fill up the box and seal it.
- When the pickup address is located in Spain, Poland or Sweden: Don’t forget to print and attach the label.
Reasons for rum delivery with courier service
At Eurosender we like to communicate with our customers. One of the things we were asked multiple times was: What is the cheapest way to ship rum? We have already told you everything there is to know about shipping rum overseas, so let’s look at some of the reasons we heard from our customers for cheap rum delivery with a courier company.
- Souvenir: Although Rum is traditionally from the Caribbean, nowadays there are many countries that produce rum. But there are so many other souvenirs as well. That’s why sometimes you would like to ship your souvenirs by courier. In that case, Eurosender can help you find cheap rum delivery with a courier company with the most reliable provider.
- Cocktails: Rum is famous for being used in Cocktails. But every rum has its own distinct flavour and not all of them are widely available. Then a rum delivery with a courier company to your front door with Eurosender is the best solution. Now that you know how to ship a bottle of rum, we can do the rest for you.
- Collections: Rum is aged in oak barrels which adds to the special taste of rum. With so many different kinds of rum, there are many collectors out there who collect bottles of rum from all over the planet. With a cheap rum delivery with courier service, your budget for buying rum increases!
Be sure to check out other articles in our series about shipping alcohol.
- How to pack and ship beer
- How to pack and ship apple cider
- How to pack and ship champagne
- How to pack and ship sake
- How to pack and ship whiskey
- How to pack and ship wine
Shipping alcohol in Europe
In the shipping, world liquids are considered as dangerous goods, which means that if such packages are not handled with care, they can cause harm in transit. When it comes to alcohol shipping in Europe, most courier companies do not allow the transport of alcoholic beverages. However, there are still some companies that allow shipping alcohol under specific circumstances.
Pay attention that there is a big difference between travelling with alcohol in Europe and shipping alcohol in Europe via a courier company.
There are two factors that shippers should take into consideration when deciding whether they can ship alcohol or not:
- The restrictions and prohibitions of each courier company.
- The import restrictions and prohibitions of the country they send alcohol too.
At the same time, each European country has its own rules and regulations regarding alcohol shipping. Each country’s import regulations are set by the local government and they are binding by law. We would, therefore, recommend you to search for the rules that apply in the pick-up and delivery countries of your shipment. To give an example, in general, any kind of alcohol cannot be shipped to Great Britain and Ireland.
At this point, we should clarify that, although alcohol shipping is not recommended, many people ship bottles of wine, champagne, whiskey and other alcoholic beverages on a daily basis. Being informed about each country’s import rules and learn how to pack parcels containing liquids is essential before sending alcohol in Europe.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping rum overseas. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship rum, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.