How to ship a bottle of vodka abroad
When you would like to ship a bottle of vodka, you might be wondering how to package vodka or how much a vodka delivery with courier would cost. In this article, we’ll explore these questions and much more. Whatever the reason you want to ship vodka, keep in mind that the laws and legislation about sending vodka or other kinds of alcohol vary from country to country. Please make sure that you check your local regulation on how to ship a bottle of vodka. Also, be sure to check out our individual pages on shipping beer and shipping wine.
Get informed on how to ship a bottle of vodka in a few simple steps.
Shipping with Eurosender is simple, quick and reliable. All you have to do is:
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping.
Make sure to place an order at least two days prior to the pick-up date and have someone at the address to give the package to the courier.
Check the dimensions and weight of your parcel in the shipment size checker below. If it is too big, too heavy or oddly shaped, ask for an individual offer.
Check which service to choose
Ask for individual offer
How to ship a bottle of vodka with Eurosender?
Before you book the service with Eurosender and start packing your vodka bottle(s), check the following tips:
- To find out the final price of your parcel, it is essential to determine the dimensions and weight of the parcel. That is why we offer our free Dimensions tracker so that you can easily solve this problem.
- When shipping from Spain, Poland or Sweden, keep in mind that you must print and paste the label to the package by yourself.
- If you plan to leave the delivery address (for example because you are going on holiday or business trip), then you should place the order at least two days prior to your departure. You could also have someone else at the delivery address waiting for the parcel.
If you have any questions regarding the booking process or your shipment, feel free to contact our customer support team.
Alcohol shipping in Europe
When shipping alcohol, make sure you understand certain legal limitations and restrictions for vodka delivery with a courier. Check the rules and regulations in the pick-up and delivery county. The rules can differ from country to country.
How to package vodka
Please note that most courier services do not recommend shipping which includes alcohol. The reason is that in case of damage to a parcel with liquid, it may also damage other parcels. However, it is possible to send vodka in Europe, you just need to be aware that you are doing this at your own risk. With the right packaging materials and methods, you can prevent damage and be sure that your vodka delivery with courier is well-protected.
The following packaging materials are necessary:
- Three different sized cardboard boxes. You can buy them or use second-hand boxes from a shop or supermarket. The most important thing is that they are strong and able to carry the weight of a bottle (or multiple bottles) of vodka. Also, make sure that they contain no holes or other damage.
- Additional Cardboard carton for extra safety. This is necessary to protect your bottles inside the box and prevent them from damaging each other.
- Wrapping and Cushioning materials. The perfect wrapping to send vodka would be bubble wrap. If you don’t have access to this you can also use other things such as packaging peanuts, (news)papers, or other materials that are used for protecting fragile products.
- Plastic bags to give extra protection to your bottle(s) of vodka. This prevents damage to other parcels in the case the bottle(s) break during transport. That it is best to have an airtight bag
- Adhesive tape: Necessary to seal and cover the vodka delivery.
- Scissors to cut the materials.
Tips for packing vodka for shipping
When you know how to package vodka correctly, you can prevent your parcel from breaking and bumping into additional costs. These costs could arise when your broken bottles damage parcels that surround yours.
Follow the instructions below to make sure that you ship your vodka safely:
- Wrap the vodka bottle(s). Put each bottle in a closed plastic bag to prevent damaging other parcels in case your bottle(s) break. You can use any of the materials described before but it is best to use bubble wrap. Make sure that you wrap everything with tape so that nothing can escape the packaging when you ship vodka.
- Put the bottle(s) in the smallest box. When shipping more than one bottle of vodka, don’t forget to divide the bottles with additional cardboard so that they don’t damage each other. The remaining free space in the box should be filled with cushioning material. Several types of polymeric foams are used for cushioning. The most common are: expanded Polystyrene(also Styrofoam), polypropylene, polyethene, and polyurethane. After filling up the box, close it and wrap it with adhesive tape.
- Put the smallest box into the second one. After placing the first box in the second box, just follow the same instructions as before, i.e. you fill up the box with the cushioning material of choice and seal it with tape.
- Protect the second box. You can use polystyrene sheets or sheets of bubble wrap and stick them to every side of the cardboard box. An extra layer of protection will be added to your parcel and prevent it from damage due to bumpy roads or other factors during transport. When you have done this, you grab the tape again and seal the box covered in sheets.
- Insert everything in the third box. Once more you put the smaller box in the bigger box and fill the remaining empty space with cushioning materials. To make sure that you pack everything decently, you can shake the box a bit to see if you need any additional material.
- Seal and label the box. (the label is only necessary for Spain, Poland and Sweden) Close the box and make sure that nothing sticks out. Finally, you wrap the box with adhesive tape. The tape is the last layer of protection, so make sure you use enough of it, you don’t want your vodka delivery to open up along the way. If needed (in ES, PL and SE), print the label and attach it.
Why shipping with Eurosender?
- Our Customer Support is available in 15 languages
- We can provide you with proof of delivery if needed
- Free returns if it happens that the delivery was unsuccessful.
- National deliveries within 24 hours.
Why do people ship vodka?
There might be many reasons why someone wants to send vodka. Among others, these could be:
- Migrant workers: Nowadays there is a huge number of migrant workers who often spend long periods outside of their home country. These expatriates sometimes miss the taste and smell of home and therefore might want to have a vodka delivery with courier to their temporary address.
- Souvenirs: Whether you are on holiday or working abroad, what is more fun than to send your loved ones a taste of the local bar life? With Eurosender you can now send vodka to your family and friends back home.
- Health benefits: Vodka has a number of health benefits and that is why you would like to consume the finest product out there. Bear in mind that consuming alcohol should always be done in moderation.
- Availability: Vodka is not a common drink in every European country, so the range of vodkas offered in the local liquor store may not satisfy the customer’s needs. Also, the number of online shops selling vodka online has been increasing over the years.
- Price: There are different import and profit margins per country and per shop. So, there might be a cost benefit to buying your vodka in another country.
You can also add warnings like “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the top of your beer packaging. However even though this might increase the chances that the package will be handled with care, bear in mind that the courier is not obliged to take this warning into consideration when handling your shipment.
If we have not answered all of your questions on how to ship a bottle of vodka, do not hesitate to contact us. Give us a call or write an e-mail and we’ll get back to you with all the information you need for easy and pleasant shipping.
Shipping alcohol in Europe
In the shipping, world liquids are considered as dangerous goods, which means that if such packages are not handled with care, they can cause harm in transit. When it comes to alcohol shipping in Europe, most courier companies do not allow the transport of alcoholic beverages. However, there are still some companies that allow shipping alcohol under specific circumstances.
Pay attention that there is a big difference between travelling with alcohol in Europe and shipping alcohol in Europe via a courier company.
There are two factors that shippers should take into consideration when deciding whether they can ship alcohol or not:
- The restrictions and prohibitions of each courier company.
- The import restrictions and prohibitions of the country they send alcohol too.
At the same time, each European country has its own rules and regulations regarding alcohol shipping. Each country’s import regulations are set by the local government and they are binding by law. We would, therefore, recommend you to search for the rules that apply in the pick-up and delivery countries of your shipment. To give an example, in general, any kind of alcohol cannot be shipped to Great Britain and Ireland.
At this point, we should clarify that, although alcohol shipping is not recommended, many people ship bottles of wine, champagne, whiskey and other alcoholic beverages on a daily basis. Being informed about each country’s import rules and learn how to pack parcels containing liquids is essential before sending alcohol in Europe.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping alcohol in Europe. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship alcohol, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.