How to ship food supplements
More and more people use food supplements to correct their nutritional deficiencies or simply live healthier lives. Despite the fact that these products are generally not prohibited from shipping, there are still several crucial things potential shippers need to bear in mind to ensure a successful delivery. The tips we have gathered on this page will help you make sure that you do everything the right way.
How to place an order to ship food supplements
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to ship food supplements.
When using Eurosender’s services, it does not really matter if you are a seasoned shipper or someone who is trying to send their first package. The booking process on our website only involves a few easy steps while all the hard work of arranging the transport and contacting the couriers is taken over by us. Your package is picked up by one of our partners and delivered to the address of your choice in the fastest and safest way possible. Shipping food supplements or any other items within Europe is thus a lot easier with our help.
The standard insurance of up to 200€ is included in the price of every shipment. However, we strongly recommend that customers with more expensive items also choose additional insurance options (1000, 2000 or 5000€), which are available during the booking process and at very low additional prices.
If you want to ship food supplements internationally but still do not quite know how to face this task, there is no reason to worry. Contact our friendly customer support specialists and they will be glad to guide you through the whole process.
How to ship food supplements
Shipping dietary supplements such as protein blends, mineral capsules, vitamin pills etc. to another city or country is not a particularly complicated or problematic process, especially if you choose the right courier company. As Eurosender only works with the most reliable shipping services in Europe, booking the shipping with us means that your packages will be delivered safely and in time.
To make the process even smoother, here are some basic guidelines that will get you started if you need to ship food supplements or any other item:
- If you are sending larger packages, make sure you carefully measure the dimensions of your box and use our Shipment Size Checker to determine which type of service you need.
- If you want your package to be picked up in Spain, Poland or Sweden, never forget to print out the shipping label. It will be sent to you via e-mail and you will have to attach it to your box. In all other cases, the chosen courier will take care of the label for you.
- If you plan to leave the pick-up location in the near future, make sure you place an order for shipping service at least 2 days before your departure. This will significantly diminish the chances of any pick-up problems.
Double-check the rules and regulations!
Within the EU, dietary supplements are considered foods and not medicines. You can ship many of them without issues, but since they come in many different forms and vary in terms of their content, we still advise caution. It is best if you follow these golden rules:
- Always check the local shipping laws for the pick-up and delivery countries. Each EU member also has its own regulations that might prohibit shippers from sending particular supplements;
- In some cases, especially if you want to ship food supplements to the UK or Ireland, you might need documents proving that the transported items are for personal use only. Make sure you check the required documents before booking shipping services;
- You should never forget about the policies of individual shipping companies who might refuse to carry your shipment if it is not in line with their internal rules. If you are not sure about shipping a certain product, get in touch with the chosen logistics company. You can also contact Eurosender and our specialists will point you to the right source of information.
- Always check if standard shipping services are suitable for sending your products. If these require temperature-controlled transport, you might want to think about alternative shipping options.
Packaging tips for shipping supplements
It does not matter if you have to ship bodybuilding supplements, fish oil capsules, vitamin pills or any other product when packaging your items for transport you should never make compromises. Always start by choosing exactly the right materials for the job:
- A sturdy cardboard box– buy it at a stationery or hardware store or head to your local supermarket to get a used one. It is completely fine to use an older box if it is in good condition. It should be large enough to fit your items without a problem but not too large. Before you start packing, make sure it has no holes or dents.
- Bubble wrap– to wrap your items in and protect them.
- Packing materials– for internal cushioning of the package and securing all the items in place. You can simply take some crumpled paper or you can buy polystyrene chips, Styrofoam sheets or some foam wrapping.
- Adhesive tape and scissors– to seal the box when everything is packed.
How to pack food supplements for shipping
Now that you have the right materials, it is time to learn how to properly prepare a package for shipping and thus ensure it will sustain the shocks and jolts of transport. Do not forget that even the most reliable delivery cannot make up for poor packing methods.
- Protect the items with bubble wrap. Whether you want to ship bodybuilding supplements in big plastic jars or items packed in little boxes, this step is always crucial as this material will serve as the first layer of protection. Simply wrap every single item you want to pack in bubble wrap. Use several layers of this protective material. Secure the protection with some adhesive tape if this is needed. Make sure the items are completely covered and that no part of the original packaging is exposed.
- Prepare the box. Take the cardboard box that you would like to use for shipping and fill it almost halfway with your cushioning material of choice. Make sure the bottom is completely covered. Then take the wrapped items and place them in the box.
- Secure the items. Fill the box with more of the packing material you are using. Do it in the way that will prevent the items from moving about during transport. When you fill the box completely with cushioning, gently shake it to see if anything is moving. If you cannot feel or hear anything, this means that everything is in place and secured, so you can seal the box.
- Seal and label. Cover all edges of the box with several layers of adhesive tape. If needed, take the label you have printed out and attach it to the shipment. If you do not have to do this, you just need to wait for the courier.
Eurosender – the best way to ship food supplements internationally
An ever-increasing number of people rely on their favorite dietary supplement – be it creatine, glucosamine, proteins, minerals of fish oil – to get them through the day. At Eurosender, we have already helped many of them to get the exact product they wanted or to send a quality food supplement to someone else. These are the reasons why they turn to our services:
- Sending supplements to friends and relatives abroad. Even in day and age, not everyone (especially the elderly) has access to the internet and can order whatever product online. Many of our clients regularly ship herbal supplements or vitamin pills to their relatives in remote regions where their products simply cannot be bought.
- Selling food supplements. Small and young businesses selling products for a healthier life are often faced with a dilemma of how to enable their client a door-to-door shipping service without investing too much money in logistics. Eurosender is a great outsourced logistics department for all small business owners who do not have enough bargaining power to negotiate good prices directly with courier services.
- Buying supplements abroad and shipping them home. Many customers buy various products while on holiday or business trip, but with limited space in their bags, they cannot transport them home. Eurosender enables stress-free shipping across Europe and is, therefore, a great solution for such cases.
Is there anything about shipping food supplements that we have not yet told you? Worry not, just call us or send us an e-mail and we will make sure you have all the info you need. Whether you need to ship protein blends or vitamin pills, Eurosender has got you covered!
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping food supplements. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship any dietary supplements, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.