Shipping musical instruments internationally by courier
We know that most brass, string, woodwind, and percussion instruments are fragile and valuable. Let Eurosender arrange the safest shipping for your musical instrument and travel stress-free. Are you a business owner? Leave all your logistics processes to us while you focus on growing your business. Check our guide on how to pack musical instruments for shipping and get the best rates for shipping musical instruments within Europe or internationally.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
SMALL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
How to ship musical instruments internationally
HOW TO PACK
How to pack a musical instrument for shipping by courier
Before shipping a musical instrument within Europe or internationally, it is necessary to prepare it for transportation. Since musical instruments are expensive and delicate and usually hold sentimental value, it is crucial to pay special attention when packing musical instruments for shipping.
- Brass instruments. Are you sending a trumpet, trombone, horn, or other brass instruments? Start by placing your musical instrument in its original case or a proper size box. Cushion it properly till it won’t be able to move. Afterwards, nest the case in a bigger box and seal it properly with enough adhesive tape.
- String instruments. Are you shipping a violin, a viola, a guitar, a mandolin, or a cello? Check our dedicated pages and make sure your musical instrument is safe for transit. Do you deed to ship a harp or double bass? Ask for an individual offer.
- Percussion instruments. Drums and drum sets are the most popular musical instruments in this category. You can check a detailed page on how to pack and ship drum kit internationally. To send percussion instruments safely, make sure that they are appropriately protected with bubble wrap, immobile in the box, and sealed carefully.
- Woodwind instruments. Packing and shipping a harmonica, flute, clarinet, or oboe is not tricky, but you also need to prepare such musical instruments properly. Make sure that the item is immovable by putting in plenty of packaging materials and tightly sealing the box.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Ship musical instruments overseas
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
LARGE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
We match any musical instrument transportation requirements
HOW TO PACK
How to pack musical instruments on a pallet for shipping
Packing your items on a pallet is extremely useful when shipping large musical instruments or transporting multiple items at once. Follow these steps to make sure you pack them safely:
- Choose a pallet strong enough to withstand your item’s weight.
- Place one layer of cardboard paper on the pallet for cushioning.
- Place the item in its original cardboard box if possible or use bubble-wrap for protecting it.
- Add foam protectors to the edges for additional security.
- Place the item on the pallet and use straps to secure it in every direction.
- Wrap the entire load in foil and place the shipping label on every side.
Transporting musical instruments in Europe with a dedicated van
Move large musical instruments and all their accessories at once. With our Van Delivery Service, you get fast and direct transport while benefiting from an entire vehicle dedicated to your load. Get an instant price directly on our booking tool!
Important: While packing is not always required for van shipments, we do recommend packing your musical instruments well and consider using their original and sturdy case for additional protection during transit.
Eurosender cares about safety!
When shipping with us, basic transport insurance is already included in the price of the service. The coverage value will depend on the type of shipping service used and the item being shipped. For extra protection, you can also purchase additional insurance during the ordering process.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?