How to pack and ship a surfboard by courier service
Ship your surfboard directly to your holiday destination and save money on the costs for extra luggage. Businesses and individuals frequently choose Eurosender as their shipping partner and trust us with all the details for organising the best surfboard transportation with the lowest shipping costs. Take advantage of our experience and learn how to properly pack and easily ship a surfboard abroad.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
International shipping solutions for your surf shop
Think globally and expand your business opportunities. Use our international surfboard shipping services to safely send surfboards and surfing equipment to your clients wherever they are. Easily organise multiple shipments for surfboards, wetsuits and other surf accessories and manage all your logistics operations from one single place.
SHIPPING SERVICES TO MATCH YOUR NEEDS
How to ship a surfboard in Europe or overseas
At Eurosender we offer multiple shipping solutions to match any needs when organising transport for a surfboard:
Things to consider before shipping a surfboard by courier
Here are a few tips on how to organise a smooth transport for your surfboard, whether you are in Europe, Australia or in Hawaii:
- Calculate the estimated time of delivery. We recommend planning you shipment in advance when booking the collection of your surfboard for sending it to your travel destination.
- Check whether you are required to print and attach the label to your package.
- Measure the final packaging of your surfboard to determine the right shipping service for you.
How to properly pack a surfboard for shipping
The following instructions apply for shipping a fish, short or longboard surfboard.
- Detach the removable parts and package them separately, such as the fins and leg rope. Protect each of them with bubble wrap.
- Protect the surfboard by inserting it into a padded bag or wrapping it with moving blankets. Shelter the edges with foam and wrap it all with bubble wrap for extra protection.
- Place the surfboard and the extra packed items into a cardboard box previously padded with cushioning materials and fill in all extra spaces with more cushioning to make sure everything is secure and immovable.
- Seal the box and reinforce all edges and seams on the top and bottom of the box.
Insurance when shipping a surfboard
We understand the importance of protecting your equipment. That is why every shipment organised with us is insured. The value of insurance coverage might vary based on the service booked and additional insurance is available at low rates.
Ready to get started?
Get the lowest shipping cost for sending a surfboard by courier
People trust our expertise
FAQ on shipping a surfboard abroad by courier
What is the best way of sending a surfboard from Australia to Europe or any other global route?
The best alternative for shipping your surfboard is the worldwide express service if your equipment is within the dimension limit. Smaller items such as bodyboards or some fish boards can be easily shipped through this service. If you need to send a longboard overseas, you can ask for an individual offer and let our logistics experts arrange the best shipping alternative for your route.
Where can I get appropriate boxes for shipping surfboards?
The safest way of shipping a surfboard by courier is by packing it in a padded case and then insert this into a cardboard box. It is not recommended to ship a surfboard using only a case because it is softer and does not offer the same protection against bumps and collisions. When packing your surfboard, you can use both new or used cardboard boxes, as long as they are in a good state and are strong enough.
How can I transport my surfboard on a plane?
Even though most airline companies allow passengers to bring sports equipment on board, they are required to pay high costs for extra baggage allowance. To avoid such costs, you can send your surfboard by courier directly to your hotel. When booking the service through our platform, insert the hotel’s address as the destination and write “reception” in the name field.
Please make sure to contact the hotel beforehand so that they agree to receive the delivery.