How to pack and ship a surfboard and other water sport gear
Ship your surfboard or kiteboard directly to your holiday destination and save money on the costs for extra luggage. Businesses and individuals frequently choose Eurosender as their shipping partner and get the best transportation services at the lowest costs. Explore the variety of door to door services to assure a safe delivery for kiteboarding, windsurfing or waterskiing gear. Take advantage of our experience and learn how to properly pack and easily ship a surfboard or a kiteboard abroad.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
International shipping solutions for your surf shop
Think globally and expand your business opportunities. Use our international surfboard shipping services to safely send surfboards and surfing equipment to your clients wherever they are. Easily organise multiple shipments for surfboards, wetsuits and other water sports equipment and manage all your logistics operations from one single place.
SHIPPING SERVICES TO MATCH YOUR NEEDS
How to ship a surfboard in Europe or overseas
At Eurosender we offer multiple shipping solutions to match any needs when organising transport for a surfboard, kiteboard and windsurfing gear:
Things to consider before shipping a surfboard by courier
Here are a few tips on how to organise a smooth transport for your surfboard, whether you are in Europe, Australia or in Hawaii:
- Calculate the estimated time of delivery. We recommend planning your shipment in advance when booking the collection of your surfboard for sending it to your travel destination.
- Check whether you are required to print and attach the label to your package.
- Measure the final packaging of your surfboard to determine the right shipping service for you.
Insurance when shipping a surfboard and other water sports gear
We understand the importance of protecting your equipment. That is why every shipment organised with us is insured. The value of insurance coverage might vary based on the service booked and additional insurance is available at low rates.
How to properly pack a surfboard for shipping
The following instructions apply for shipping a fish, short or longboard surfboard.
- Detach the removable parts and package them separately, such as the fins and leg rope. Protect each of them with bubble wrap.
- Protect the surfboard by inserting it into a padded bag or wrapping it with moving blankets. Shelter the edges with foam and wrap it all with bubble wrap for extra protection
- Use cardboard sheets to make the outer protection of your already padded surfboard. If you have a big enough cardboard box, place the padded items inside and add cushioning materials for extra protection.
- Use tape to fix the packaging and reinforce all edges and seams.
What’s the best way to pack and send a kite or a sail abroad?
When you are looking for the best way to ship a kite or a sail to the USA for holidays, or you are shipping a used kite to a buyer, check our tips on how to pack kites and sails before transportation:
- Whether you are shipping used or new kites or sails, make sure they are deflated.
- Roll the kite or sail as compact as possible and put in their original bags.
- Take the hose off the pump and put it separately in the bag. Then bubble wrap and seal it.
- Place the pump, kite or sail in the shipping box and add cushioning materials.
- Close and seal the box with adhesive tape.
Get the lowest shipping cost for sending a surfboard by courier
FAQ on shipping a surfboard and other water sports equipment by courier
What is the best way of sending a surfboard from Australia to Europe or any other global route?
The best alternative for shipping your surfboard is the worldwide express service if your equipment is within the dimension limit. Smaller items such as bodyboards or some fish boards can be easily shipped through this service. If you need to send a longboard overseas, you can ask for an individual offer and let our logistics experts arrange the best shipping alternative for your route.
Where can I get appropriate boxes for shipping surfboards?
The safest way of shipping a surfboard or a kiteboard by courier is by packing it in a padded case and then using cardboard sheets as the final layer of protection. It is not recommended to ship a surfboard using only a case because it is softer and does not offer the same protection against bumps and collisions. When packing your surfboard or a kiteboard, you can connect two or more boxes to make a cardboard box that is big enough for your surfboard. Don’t forget to reinforce the edges to make sure it is secure enough for transit.
How can I transport my surfboard on a plane?
Even though most airline companies allow passengers to bring sports equipment on board, they are required to pay high costs for extra baggage allowance. To avoid such costs, you can send your surfboard by courier directly to your hotel. When booking the service through our platform, insert the hotel’s address as the destination and write “reception” in the name field.
Please make sure to contact the hotel beforehand so that they agree to receive the delivery.
How can I know if the used kite and kiteboard I sold online was successfully delivered to my buyer?
Every shipment sent with Eurosender has its unique tracking number. So, you when you ship kite surfing equipment through Eurosender, you can oversee the status of your package or pallet anytime. All of our logistics partners work with digital tracking systems, allowing you to track your parcels online in real-time. Simply insert the tracking number into our online tool to track the parcel. Alternatively, you can check the status of your parcel using the same number directly on the courier’s website.
How much will I pay for sending my windsurfing board with a low-cost courier?
To get an instant quote for shipping your windsurfing gear by courier via Eurosender, go directly to the booking tool above, select the country of Pickup and Delivery and choose one of the shipping options that suit you best. After this, you will immediately see the shipping price.
How should I pack water skiing equipment for shipping by courier?
When shipping water skis internationally, you need to remove all the disassembled parts and place the details in the bag. Bind the skis together with the Zip ties and bubble wrap the skis. Then, place them in the shipping box, add cushioning materials, close and seal the box.