How to transport yoghurt, kefir grain and other dairy products
Are you a dairy products producer and need to organise a yoghurt or kefir delivery to a friend? Or are you a business selling dairy products and looking for a reliable logistics partner? At Eurosender we know how difficult it can be to mail kefir or other dairy products. Keep reading to get expert advice on how to pack kefir grains and yoghurt for shipping and what regulations apply when sending dairy products over the mail or by courier. Explore the basic information about shipping of dairy products and send milk, yoghurt, and kefir grains nationally or overseas.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Express deliveries: Business solutions
Join thousands of companies that have chosen Eurosender as their trusted shipping platform. Register a free business account and keep all your order and invoices in one place. At no additional cost, you get immediate access to a personalised dashboard that will empower your company to increase and expand your business globally.
BEST WAY TO SHIP
How to ship kefir grains, yoghurt, milk, and other dairy products
Eurosender combines multiple shipping options in one single platform. Find out which service is the best match for your requirements:
Regulations when shipping dairy products
The transportation of dairy products is a common practice, even though severe restrictions apply in different countries across the globe. Licenced companies can organise the transportation of yoghurt, kefir, milk and other dairy products with specialised carriers in a temperature-controlled environment. Individuals are not allowed to send perishable products such as yoghurt or milk by mail or courier as these are considered restricted items. Still, many people decide to ship dairy products every day however by doing so, they send them at their own risk.
How to pack kefir grains for shipping in a box
When shipping kefir grains domestically or abroad, have in mind that transit time maybe a few days, so you have to pack your items properly for transportation:
- Place the kefir grains in a plastic bag or a glass container and add 3 tbs of cold water and a pinch of sugar.
- Seal the bag or container, cover it with a paper towel and then with bubble wrap, and put it in a cooler bag together with dry ice packs or gel ice pack.
- Put items inside the cardboard box. Add some cushioning materials.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape.
How to pack yoghurt or milk for transportation
Follow this packaging guide to ensure safe transportation conditions for dairy products, including yoghurt and milk:
- Take glass or plastic bottles with yoghurt or milk and place them carefully in a thermal bag.
- Add plenty of dry ice packs or gel ice packs to keep yoghurt and milk refrigerated.
- Nest the bottle in a shipping box filled with cushioning materials such as polymeric foams, packing peanuts etc.
- Shake the box to make sure the bottle is not moving inside. Seal the box.
Get an instant quote for your shipment