Immigrate to Poland: Things you should know before moving to Poland
Learn how to move to Poland with Eurosender
UTC + 1
On the right side
International removals to Poland – with Eurosender
Whether you’re bringing a few boxes, or a whole house of furniture, Eurosender has stress-free solutions to help you immigrate to Poland, sooner.
Visa Regulations for Poland
- For citizens of EU/EEA member countries – there are no visa requirements for Poland. Those who intend on working in Poland will not need a work permit. However, you will be required to register yourself at your local municipality within your first month of immigrating to Poland.
- For citizens of non-EU member countries – unless your country is exempt, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa at your nearest Polish embassy allowing you to visit for up to 90 days. Exempt countries include USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. For a full list of exemptions and visa regulations for Poland, please check the embassy’s website. For citizens of non-EU member countries who are migrating to Poland – you will need to apply for a work and residency permit.
Please check with the Polish immigration website for a full list of conditions and visa regulations for Poland. You will also need to register yourself with the local municipality within 30 days of moving to Poland.
The cost of moving to Poland – Rental and property prices
Where have you decided to live in Poland? And, are you thinking of renting an apartment in Poland or buying? Either way, you will find the cost of living in Poland is quite moderate. We have included prices for the 3 most popular cities for foreigners to factor into your cost of relocating to Poland.
- Warsaw: Single people choosing to move to Poland alone, will pay between 1300 PLN – 3200 PLN (€299 – €738) for a single bedroom apartment in the centre of the city. For families who immigrate to Warsaw and are looking for a 3 bedroom, should expect to pay around 2400 PLN – 6000 PLN (€553 – €1300) per month. To buy in the centre of Warsaw, prices range from 12.000 – 19.000 PLN (€2.700 – €4.500) per square meter.
- Krakow: A single bedroom apartment in the centre of town is usually around 1800 PLN – 3500 PLN (€415 – €807) per month. For families wishing to move to Poland and choose to settle in Krakow, a 3-bedroom apartment is between 3000 PLN – 6000 PLN (€692 – €1384) per month. For those looking to buy, prices range from 10.000 – 17.000 PLN (€2.300 – €4.100) per square meter.
- Gdansk: If you are moving to Poland alone, a single bedroom apartment in Gdansk will cost you between 2000 PLN – 3500 PLN (€460 – €807) per month. For families, a 3 bedroom will set you back 3000 PLN – 5800 PLN (€692 – €1338) in the centre of Gdansk. To purchase an apartment in Gdansk, prices range from 10.000 – 19.000 PLN (€1.300 – €2.500) per square meter.
Are you wondering how much is shipping from the USA to Poland and what is the cheapest way to move furniture to Poland? Eurosender has a low-cost solution to suit any sized move, so you can save on the average cost of moving to Poland from the UK, USA or anywhere else. You can get an instant quote, right now using our booking engine.
Get a quote for relocation
People trust our solution
LIVING IN POLAND
Cost of living in Poland
For those moving to Poland from the UK, USA and Spain, you will no doubt find that the cost of living is lower than you’re used to. Food, transport, entertainment and apartments in Poland are a lot cheaper and are even less outside city centres.
Saving on these things, you can certainly afford to bring more of your belongings with you – so why not organise this now, with Eurosender’s international removals to Poland.
Do you need to send documents urgently to Poland to help secure a place to stay before moving?
Eurosender offers fast envelope delivery with our Express delivery service.
Job market in Poland
Due to its economic growth in the last 20 – 30 years, foreigners looking to immigrate to Poland can expect to find work in a variety of industries. The job market in Poland would make it an ideal destination to find work for those looking to move to Poland from Spain, as their unemployment rate is significantly lower, at only 4%.
An abundance of work in Poland for foreigners can be found in manufacturing industries such as automotive, textiles and food. Expats moving to Poland can also find work in Poland in international companies in the business, IT and education sectors, and enjoy higher than average salaries.
Education in Poland
Education is compulsory for children aged 6-18, for both citizens and foreigners immigrating to Poland. After primary and secondary school, students can either go on to post-gymnasium education, including specialised schools, vocational or technical schools, depending on which area of the job market in Poland they wish to enter.
Poland also has great opportunities for expats wishing to send their children to international schools, especially in cities such as Warsaw, Krakow and Gdansk. Bear in mind, you will need to factor this into the cost of life in Poland, as these schools can be quite expensive.
Eurosender offers affordable ways to move your personal belongings with our fast and reliable international removals to Poland, so you can spend more on education.
Healthcare in Poland
If you are immigrating to Poland for work reasons, your employer should organise your health care through their own company plan. However, if you are moving and are yet to find work, it is important to organise private healthcare in Poland for the time being. Private healthcare in Poland is reasonably affordable and offers excellent quality services, compared to the standard public healthcare services offered to all citizens under the National Health Fund.
Driving in Poland
Driving in Poland, you will notice they have modern highways which connect the country with its neighbouring countries, as well as extensive public transport, making travel very affordable. Whether you choose to drive in Poland or take public transport, you will certainly not have difficulty getting around.
It is important to remember that seatbelts are compulsory, the blood alcohol limit is 0.02, and using your mobile phone while driving is strictly prohibited.
If you wish to drive in Poland and you are from outside an EU country, you must exchange your driver’s license to a Polish one within 6 months of moving.
If you are relocating to Poland from a fellow EU country, you can continue to use your local driver’s license for its period of validity.
Once you exchange your license, your Polish driver’s license will be valid for 15 years.
Living in Poland – other things to consider
When you move to Poland from the USA, UK or anywhere else, you will no doubt fall in love with its strong local traditions, cuisine and long proud history. Here are some other things you might like to know about life in Poland.
- Religion plays a big part of day-to-day life in Poland, with many Poles being Roman Catholic, you will also notice many churches around the country.
- Most Poles speak very good English, particularly the younger generations.
- Most places in Poland are very clean compared to some other European cities.
- When you move to Poland, you MUST try Pierogi, their most famous national dish at least once.
Van delivery service
Start your move
People trust our solution
See the most popular destinations people move from
Moving to Poland from the USA
Home to a huge Polish community, it is no surprise more American expats are choosing to return to their homeland and move to Poland from the USA. Why not consider Eurosender’s affordable international removals to Poland, offering freight options for large shipments, as well as express options if you wish to travel a little lighter. Trusted by many expats worldwide, our vast logistics network means you will be matched with the right service at the best price available.
Moving to Poland from the UK
Moving to Poland from the UK, you will no doubt experience a vibrant continental European lifestyle with a strong British expat community to help you settle in. For the logistical side of things, trust Eurosender international removals to Poland, with our Dedicated Van Delivery. This is a great low-cost option if you wish to move your furniture and belongings to Poland and save on the cost of moving to Poland.
Moving to Poland from Spain
When you move to Poland from Spain, you will no doubt find the language tricky in the beginning, if you don’t already have knowledge of Slavic languages. Thankfully, with our fast and reliable relocation services, we take care of the logistical side of moving, so you can spend more time brushing up on your Polish to help you while living in Poland. Get an instant price estimate now for express and standard shipping, through Eurosender’s booking engine, or contact our experts to tailor an individual-offer for your move to Poland.