How to effectively ship to a hotel or from a hotel
Even though running through airports with big amounts of luggage can be considered a good workout, there might be valid reasons that you want to avoid this. Some of them include lack of time, big loads of luggage and the need for transport. So, when you want to know how to ship a suitcase to a hotel, keep reading. A good option to solve any of the before mentioned problems is shipping your luggage to a hostel or hotel. This way you will save a lot of time as you don’t have to check in your luggage when checking in at the airport, nor do you have to collect it afterwards. Another benefit is that delivering luggage to a hotel by courier is cost-efficient. No more hefty luggage fees from airline companies and no expensive taxis from and to the airport. On top of that, you can send your luggage before you leave. This means that you always travel light and that you can open your luggage the moment you arrive. So, long story short: delivering your luggage to a hostel or hotel by courier is the best choice you can make when you want to save money, time and your nerves.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
Best way to prepare luggage delivery to a hotel or hostel
Shipping to a hotel is no big deal but there are some things you have to do in order to avoid failed deliveries. Do you want to know how to ship a suitcase to a hotel? Take a look at the most essential things for a successful delivery.
- Packing: When the courier comes to pick up your package it has to be packed already. With our detailed packing instructions, you can pack your shipment fast and professional.
- Insurance: All shipments arranged through Eurosender are covered by our standard insurance, but you can easily purchase additional insurance at low prices.
- Prohibited and restricted items: Always be 100% sure that your shipment doesn’t contain any prohibited and/or restricted items to avoid failed delivery or legal issues.
Now that you know everything you should keep in mind from your end, let’s look at the things you should know about the hotel or hostel you are shipping to.
- Most hotels and hostels have a designated receiving area on their territory. This is used for the supply of the hotel but will, in most cases, also be used for your delivery. So, check if your hotel has one and also ask about the storage facilities there.
- When shipping from a hotel, discuss at the reception who is responsible for the pick-up of your shipment and where you can leave your package.
- Don’t plan the pick-up on the day you travel, always keep at least 2 working days as a buffer between pick-up and your departure.
How do I give the correct address?
The most important thing when shipping to a hotel is that you have the correct address. A hotel may have numerous branches, several addresses or have a separate address for delivery.
The best way to obtain the correct address is by contacting the hotel or hostel of choice. When speaking to a representative, never forget to write down the name and telephone number of this person for reference. Also, try to get the address in writing, for example by email or SMS, to avoid any spelling mistakes. Below you can find all the details you need for delivering luggage to a hotel with the help of Eurosender.
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: the Netherlands
- Name & Surname
Add the name of the hotel followed by the full name of the consignee.
Ex.: Hilton Amsterdam, Sean Jones
Fill out the street name in full and the number.
- Additional info – Optional
Here you can add additional information.
Keep in mind that the courier doesn’t always take this info into consideration.
- Zip code
Add the zip code, please double check if it’s the right one.
Ex.: 1077 BG
Add the full name of the town or city.
- Phone number
Add the phone number, change the area code if needed.
Ex.: +31(country code) 20 710 6000
Although giving the correct address is vital, mistakes often occur which may lead to a failed delivery. When you have any doubts about the address, feel free to contact our multilingual customer support team to help you solve this and all other questions you might have about delivering your luggage to a hostel.
How do I choose the proper shipping service
How to effectively ship to a hotel or from a hotel and the price of your delivery depends on the kind of service you will be using. These are the services you can use for delivering your luggage to a hostel.
- Standard shipping service: With our standard shipping service you can ship anything from a backpack to a bulky suitcase. To make sure that your shipment qualifies for our standard shipping service, it is essential that it doesn’t exceed the maximum dimensions which you see below.
- Maximum weight of 40kg (30kg in some cases).
- A maximum length of 175 cm.
- Length (in cm) + 2x width (in cm) + 2x height (in cm) < 300 cm.
- Freight transport: This is the best option when you have lots of luggage or other items you want to ship. With our freight transport services, you can be confident that you benefit from the fastest and cheapest way to ship a pallet. However, keep in mind that not all hotels and hostels, especially the smaller ones, have equipment and storage space for pallets. So, always check with the hotel whether they can accept such a shipment or not.
- Dedicated Van Delivery: When you have so much stuff that you can fill an entire van, then it is time to consider our Dedicated Van Delivery service. This way a van will be completely dedicated to your items and it will not be carrying goods of other people. Using this service, you experience the fastest delivery possible, as the van will take your items directly from point A to Point B.
What are things that might go wrong when shipping to a hotel or hostel and how to avoid it
When shipping to a hotel or hostel, courier companies might face some difficulties. How to effectively ship to a hotel or from a hotel is a frequently asked question and below you will find the most common issues and the things you can do in order to prevent these things from happening.
- Wrong details: It happens that there are different departments responsible for receiving packages. So, when you write for example “reception” in the address field and it should go to “storage” or any other department, things could get mixed up. To prevent this always double check the details that were provided by the hotel. It is even better to ask for such information in writing.
- No access: It might be that there is a valet parking or another reason that there is no direct access to the main entrance, or the entrance specified.
- Wrong names: Make sure that the hotel room is booked in the same name as the receiver of the package in order not to complicate things.
- Change of plans: It happens that your plans change for various reasons. Of course, you can’t always predict this. But when you know this beforehand it might be a better idea to ship your package to a nearby parcel locker. This way you know for sure that your items are stored in perfect condition.
- Additional charges: Some hotels apply extra charges for storing your package from the beginning starting several days the delivery of the package. Always ask about the policy of the hotel or hostel to avoid unpleasant surprises when it comes to delivering your luggage to a hostel.
What are some of the things that people often ship to a hotel or hostel?
Whether you are going on holiday or you are on a business trip, shipping your luggage is always a cost-effective option. How to ship a suitcase to a hotel is not the only thing people want to know. There are several things that are frequently shipped to hotels and hostels, and for each of them Eurosender has dedicated guides on how to pack and ship them
- Snow attributes: When you are going on winter holidays you want to enjoy the pleasure of using your own equipment. Whether it is a snowmobile, your skis or your snowboard, with Eurosender you can be sure that they arrive safe and sound. Travelling with a group? Don’t forget that it is possible to ship multiple packages in one order.
- Nature activities: Whether you want to go hunting, horse riding or hiking, delivering luggage to a hotel for this kind of activities is now a walk in the park.
- Musical instruments: Whether you are a professional musician or you are just starting your first rock band, you need to have your own instrument with you at all times. With Eurosender you can not only ship a guitar but also your drumkit, piano, accordion, cello or violin.
- Golf equipment: Golf holidays are rapidly becoming more popular and there is a huge range of destinations. However, excess luggage is often extremely expensive, and you run the risk of losing it. So when you ship your golf equipment with Eurosender, you can be sure that you hit that hole in one with your own clubs.
- Watersports: Nowadays practiced at nearly every ocean, sea or lake, watersports have become an integral part of tourism. At Eurosender we understand the pleasure of using your own gear. That is why we have compiled a wide range of articles about shipping various items for watersports.
When you have any further questions regarding your shipment, you can always contact our multilingual team of logistics experts.