Eurosender shipping insurance – international and domestic shipments
When booking a logistics service, you expect your shipment to arrive at its destination as intended. However, things don’t always go to plan which is why shipping insurance for international as well as domestic shipments is essential, giving you piece of mind. But not all types of transport insurance are the same and coverage will vary between logistics services, so it is important to know how your goods will be protected, and what additional shipping insurance options are available, just in case.
Why book logistics services with shipping insurance with Eurosender?
Peace of mind knowing your shipment is protected by basic insurance included in the price
Unbeatable prices – Eurosender offers some of the lowest rates for additional shipping insurance options
Easy and hassle-free claims procedure – faster claims with additional shipping insurance
What does the basic shipping insurance for international or domestic shipments cover when booking services with Eurosender?
Additional shipping insurance options when booking with Eurosender
Eurosender offers some of the lowest rates for additional shipping insurance, which can be purchased during the booking process and apply to both international and domestic shipments. Additional insurance is provided by ERGO, and you can select from the following options:
12.99€ per package or per shipment (freight)
17.99€ per package or per shipment (freight)
24.99€ per shipment (freight)
More than 5.000€
Available on request
READY TO SHIP?
Book a service with shipping insurance for international or domestic shipments
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQ about shipping insurance with Eurosender
When does shipping insurance apply?
Does shipping insurance apply to any type of domestic or international shipment?
Does shipping insurance apply for the entire order booked with Eurosender?
Can I select separate shipping insurance for different parcels in my order?
Can I add shipping insurance after finalizing my order?
Who will assess my claim and determine the amount to be reimbursed in the event of loss or damage?
I bought additional shipping insurance but my claim was rejected. Am I still entitled to compensation?
Does basic shipping insurance of 200EUR for international and domestic shipments also cover suitcases?
If you wish to increase the value of your shipping insurance, you can purchase additional insurance during the booking process.
Will I be reimbursed for damage to the suitcase as well as its contents?
How does international freight shipping insurance apply to pallet shipments?
If you want to apply insurance to each parcel, you will need to book it as a standard shipment.
If you wish to insure each pallet separately, you will need to place separate orders.
My transportation is insured but my items arrived damaged. How do I raise a claim?
- Inspect your shipment thoroughly in the presence of the delivery driver.
- Do not sign for the shipment if you believe it is damaged or partially missing. Claims that the driver left too quickly will not be accepted.
- File a damage report signed by yourself (the receiver) and the delivery driver.
- Report the event to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, including your damage report and any photos or supporting documentation.
- You will receive additional documentation to complete, via email.
- Please provide all requested documentation via email as soon as possible. Eurosender will then submit them to the logistics service provider in charge of delivery. We will act on your behalf throughout the process and keep you informed via email as updates come to hand.
- Upon receiving the claim, the logistics service provider is obliged to conclude their assessment and provide a decision within 60 days.
Can I increase my insurance coverage for more than the maximum value of 5.000EUR?
Are there different types of transport insurance available for businesses and individuals?
Can I select additional shipping insurance for high value items?
Please be aware that basic or additional shipping insurance will not apply to items of high value, fragile items, dangerous, illegal or perishable goods. If you do choose to send restricted or prohibited items, individuals choose to at their own risk and responsibility.
If you are still unsure which shipping insurance option is right for your international or domestic shipment, reach out to our experts who can discuss your shipping and insurance requirements.