Renfe baggage allowance | Spanish Railways’ baggage policy
Renfe stands for “Red Nacional de los Ferrocarriles Españoles”, which is translated as “National Network of Spanish Railways”. It is in fact, as the name suggests, the state-owned train company that operates in Spain. It is a popular train company, used by many Spanish nationals and foreigners every day.
Ready to ship?
Renfe baggage allowance policy states that each passenger can bring up to three pieces of luggage with them. These can include briefcases, purses, laptop bags, suitcases, trolley-bags and cases. All of the bags should weight up to 25kg and not exceed 290 cm in total. The largest of them all should have these dimensions: 85 x 55 x 35 cm (or smaller). The most important factor is that each passenger can carry their own bags and that they can find an appropriate place to store them. It goes without saying that unlicensed firearms, sharp objects, toxic substances and explosives are not allowed on board.
Spanish Railway’s baggage policy:
- 3 pieces of luggage
- 25 kg in total
- 290 cm in total
- Largest suitcase should not exceed 85 x 55 x 35 cm
I have more suitcases! What should I do?
Maybe you are going to spend a semester in Salamanca. Or maybe you found a new job in Madrid. Or it could be that you purchased a ticket to Barcelona, with no return date, to find some meaning in your life. We know that probably you need more than 3 pieces of luggage to fit all your belongings and that they can weight over 25 kg. It is normal to wonder whether you can bring some extra items on board, even if you have to pay for them. Spanish Railway’s baggage policy does not include the possibility of purchasing extra baggage allowance. That is why we would recommend you find another solution to transport some –if not all- of your items.
Eurosender to the rescue!
Carrying your heavy baggage from train station to train station can be exhausting. In some cases, you might not even be able to bring all your items on board, due to train baggage restrictions. In this case, shipping services can be the only option. Afraid of how much a service like this can cost? Don’t be! Eurosender can help you find the most affordable way to ship your items to any destination in Europe.
Can I bring my bike on a Renfe train?
Whether you are planning a trip to explore the Basque Country or you are moving to one of Spain’s many beautiful cities, bringing your bike with you can be very helpful. It is the cheapest way to move around, plus it is eco-friendly and healthy.
Renfe baggage allowance policy states that folded or disassembled bikes are allowed on board, as long as they are stored inside a bag and they are up to 180 cm. In this case, the bikes will be considered to be part of your baggage and you will only be able to bring two more pieces of luggage. In certain trains, placing the bike in a special bag or a case is not always necessary. However, we recommend contacting the company and learn on which routes you can bring a fully assembled bike.
Are musical instruments and sports equipment allowed on board?
Maybe you are invited to play at a music festival in Barcelona. Or you might be organizing a ski trip to Masella. It is essential to bring your musical instruments and sports equipment to your destination.
- Renfe baggage allowance policy allows such items on board. Small-sized musical instruments can be stored in a case and there will be part of your baggage allowance. The case should not exceed the dimensions 30 x 120 x 38 cm. If your instrument is a lot bigger than that, finding another way to transport it to your destination might be a better solution
- Renfe sports equipment policy states that ski and golf equipment are allowed on board. The items should be kept in an appropriate bag and should not exceed the following dimensions: 55x35x25 cm. Renfe stressed out that the equipment should not create inconvenience for the rest of the passengers. As for other types of sports equipment, we recommend you turning directly to the company or finding another way to transport them.
Consider using shipping services instead. Simply use our engine to get access to some of the lowest prices for courier services in Europe.
Are pets allowed on Renfe trains?
According to Renfe pet policy, small animals are permitted on trains, as long as they do not create any problems for the other passengers. Small dogs, cats, ferrets and birds should be kept in a pet container which does not exceed the dimensions of 60 x 35 x 35 cm. Also, the pet itself should not weigh more than 10 kg. The owners of the animals should carry all documentation concerning their pet’s health condition and should make sure to keep the container clean during the trip. Also, it is worth noting that, although on certain trains, pets travel for free, in others, a 25% reduced ticket should be purchased. In this case, you should check the rules that apply to the specific train you are about to book a ticket for.
Should I ship my items instead? | Eurosender
Even though we currently don’t offer services for the transportation of pets and animals, at Eurosender, we are certainly able to help you ship any other type of items to your desired destination. Are there any suitcases you cannot lift? Is your surfboard hard to handle, especially when carrying other bags at the same time? Stop torturing yourself and avoid turning your trips into nightmares. At Eurosender, we help you travel stress and hands-free! Together with one logistics provider, we can organize the pick-up of your suitcases, sports equipment, musical instruments from your doorsteps and their delivery to the address of your choice; it could even be a hotel! Check our prices and ship your belongings in the most efficient way.
Eurosender is a platform for booking logistics services in Europe. We have developed a user-friendly engine that instantly finds the lowest price for every possible shipping route. We are not a logistics company but your logistics partner! You can count on us – we are on your side.
But why should I choose Eurosender?
If you haven’t used our services before, here are some things that you should know about Eurosender:
- We combine affordability with reliability. At Eurosender, we are able to offer some of the best prices on the market, thanks to our constant negotiations with the logistics companies. This does not mean that we compromise on the quality of the services. We always work only with the top international logistics providers that operate in Europe and we constantly monitor their performance.
- We offer access to door-to-door shipping services. That means that you will not have to carry your items to a drop-off location. The courier driver will ring your bell and will simply take your suitcase or package from your doorstep. That is extremely convenient, especially if your shipment is too heavy for you to lift or if you do not own a car.
- We assist you at every step of the process. You have questions and we have the answers. Unsure of how to pack a specific item? Are you wondering which service is better for your needs? You can find everything on our website. At the same time, you are more than welcome to give us a call or send us an e-mail. Our customer support team will be more than glad to help you out.
Additional considerations | Eurosender
Maybe you checked our engine and realized that your items are a bit too heavy or too large in size for a standard shipment. Before you leave, please remember that we can still ship your items, regardless of their size and weight. We offer customized services based on our customers’ needs. All you need to do is ask for an individual offer. You will simply fill in a form with your requirements and our logistics specialists will do their best to find the way to transport your items. You can then accept or decline our offer.
*The information concerning Renfe baggage allowance is based on data collected from the company’s website on 13/09/2018.