Shipping water skis by courier
Water skiing is an exciting sport practiced by many water sports fans all over the world. With different disciplines such as slalom, jump, and trick, there is a wide range of styles among water skiers. But whatever discipline you practice, the size of the water ski’s is always more or less the same. The size of the ski’s makes it hard to take them with you when you travel for example by plane or train. Now there is a budget-friendly option for you, you can ship water ski’s internationally with the help of Eurosender. No more outrageous fees from airline companies or bus lines , shipping water ski’s by courier will help you save time and money. Therefore, we have created this dedicated guide on how to pack and ship water skiing equipment.
Get informed on how to ship water ski’s in a few simple steps.
Shipping with Eurosender is simple, quick and reliable. All you have to do is:
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping.
Make sure to place an order at least two days prior to the pick-up date and have someone at the address to give the package to the courier.
Check the dimensions and weight of your parcel in the shipment size checker below. If it is too big, too heavy or oddly shaped, ask for an individual offer.
General tips for when you ship water skiing equipment abroad
Before we dive into the details of shipping water ski’s by courier, we should first address some points that are applicable to every shipment with Eurosender. If you have any questions regarding these, feel free to contact our Customer Support team. They are ready to assist you in 15 languages.
- Be present on the pick-up address: If you are not able to be present at the pick-up address on the pick-up date, make sure that someone else is there to hand over the shipment to the courier driver. If that is not possible, then make sure that you place the order 2 working days before your planned departure date. Also be sure that there is someone to receive your skis at the destination when you are shipping water ski’s by courier. Besides this, there should be a place where you can store the water skis.
- In Spain, Poland and Sweden you must print and attach the label by yourself. When the label is not attached, the courier can refuse to pick up the package. In all other countries, the courier company will print and attach the label for you.
- Every package is insured with our Standard Insurance of €200. However, it possible to add additional insurance at a very low rate. Want to know more? Check out our special insurance page.
- When you want to know what the price of your water ski’s delivery by courier is, you have to know the dimensions. This is an easy task with our free Shipment Size Checker which you can find below. Once you know the dimensions, it is easy to see how much it costs to ship water skis internationally.
Materials for water ski’s delivery by courier
- Cardboard box: This is where you place your water skis and equipment. The box can be either new or second hand but is crucial that it is not damaged in any way. It might be a little hard to find a box that matches the measurements of your water skis. If you won’t be able to find one in your local hardware store, find a company online that makes custom sized boxes.
- Bubble wrap: There are several kinds of bubble wrap on the market, but for shipping water ski’s by courier, we advise you to take a sort with thick bubbles.
- Tools: You need tools to disassemble the parts. Also, remember that you have to assemble them again after delivery, so you might want to consider adding the tools to the shipment.
- Bag: Both plastic and paper bags are ok.
- Zip ties: These are used to tie the ski’s together. When you don’t have Zip ties, you can also use rubber bands or even tape.
- Tape: You can use any kind you want as long as it is strong enough to keep your box closed.
- Cushioning material: There are many cushioning materials available, but we always recommend using packing peanuts. When you don’t have these, you can always use something else such as shredded paper, foam sheets or extra bubble wrap.
- Scissors or Stanley knife: To cut the materials for shipping water ski’s by courier.
How to pack water skiing equipment for shipping
With the instructions below you can ship water skiing equipment abroad like a pro in less than 15 minutes. We advise doing this with at least 2 people to save time and to have support when you have to bind the ski’s together. It doesn’t matter whether you have slalom ski’s, trick ski’s, jump ski’s or cable park skis. The instructions for how to pack water skiing equipment for shipping are the same for any kind of water ski.
- Remove all parts that can be disassembled, such as the bindings. This is necessary to avoid damage to these parts when shipping water ski’s by courier
- Place all details (and the tools if necessary) in the bag and seal it with tape.
- Bind the ski’s together with the Zip ties.
- Fill the bottom of the box with cushioning material and place the ski’s inside.
- Cover the skis with some cushioning material and place the bag with details on top of that.
- Fill up the empty spaces in the box with cushioning material.
- Seal the box with tape. When the pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden or Spain, don’t forget to print and attach the label when shipping water ski’s by courier.
Check which service to choose
Why people want to know how to pack and ship water ski’s
Since the invention of water skiing in 1922, the popularity of the sport has only increased. It has become a household sport in many touristy areas near lakes and seas. Even though you can often rent water ski’s locally, many people prefer to bring their own water-skiing gear with them. At Eurosender we often get questions on how to pack water skiing equipment for shipping. So, let’s take a closer look at some of the reasons that people have for shipping water skis by courier.
- Vacation: With water skiing being a summer sport, many people practice it while being on vacation. When you want to ship water skiing equipment abroad, Eurosender will help you to find the most reliable and cheapest courier company.
- Competition: Water skiing competitions are held all around the world. But is not easy to travel to each of them with your gear in your luggage. That’s why many people choose for water ski’s delivery by courier with Eurosender. If you have any difficulties with ordering, take a look at our easy walk-through guide.
- Buying/Selling used water skiing equipment: Maybe you would like to sell your old water skiing gear on OLX or eBay. Or maybe you want to buy water ski’s on another online marketplace. Then the usual dilemma is: What about shipping? When you need to know how to pack and ship water skiing equipment in the cheapest possible manner, turn to Eurosender and we will find you the best solution.
- Relocation: Nowadays people move around the globe much more than ever before. With that, the demand for removal services has grown and therefore more people want to ship water skiing equipment abroad. Take a look at our special page on relocation and removals to find out more.
Customers who were shipping water ski’s by courier with Eurosender, also read the following articles:
If the item that you want to ship doesn’t have a dedicated article in our help section, you can read the general instructions for packing , or you can Customer Support team. They are ready to give you the desired advice and answer all your questions.