P&O Cruises luggage allowance policy and restrictions
P&O Cruises is one of the favourite lines in the UK, offering routes since the 19th century. As with many other cruise lines, the P&O Cruises luggage allowance policy is not very limiting when it comes to size and weight. However, due to the particularities of ocean travel and the strict security standards on board, there are many forbidden luggage items on P&O cruises. Read more about the P&O luggage restrictions, allowance and weight limits and find the best solution for shipping your extra luggage and get your bags home safely with Eurosender.
P&O cruise luggage allowance & policy
The P&O cruise luggage allowance and weight limit depend on the chosen package and route. Usually, travellers with luxury packages can bring a bit more luggage. However, for every traveller, P&O cruise luggage rules allow:
Luggage allowance on a Disney Cruise:
- Standard luggage: P&O luggage policy allows guests to bring as many luggage items as they reasonably can fit in the room. However, each item must weigh under 23kg + hand luggage.
- Southampton roundtrip: as many luggage items as you can fit in your cabin, as long as they weigh less than 23 kg each + hand luggage
- Cruise Connect: if your cruise includes a coach connection, you will be allowed 2 pieces of luggage, 23kgs per piece, plus only one hand luggage item.
- P&O Australia: 2 items of luggage per guest, 140cm x 60cm x 40cm and under 32kg per item + hand luggage
- Hand luggage: a small bag or suitcase you can carry yourself to the cabin.
Forbidden luggage items P&O cruises
In addition to the P&O cruise luggage weight limit, guests must also consider the reasonably extensive list of forbidden luggage items onboard a P&O cruise. If you are carrying any of these items or you buy them on a port or city during an excursion, they will be seized.
P&O luggage restrictions and forbidden items:
- Food: most cruise lines allow passengers to board with pre-packaged, ready to eat food such as packed snacks. However, perishable foods of any kind, including local specialties, will be seized upon embarkment.
- Electric appliances and electronics: devices that produce heat, such as irons, kettles, and coffee machines are strictly forbidden.
- Medicines: according to the P&O cruise luggage rules if you take medicines or need any special medical care, the policy indicates you should notify the cruise before the boarding date.
- Firearms and ammunition: including realistic replicas or antiques.
- Sharp objects: only razor blades and grooming scissors shorter than 4 inches / 10.16cm are allowed.
- CBD Oil: CBD and other CBD products are forbidden and will not be returned.
- Electrical extension cords
- Alcohol: Alcohol is forbidden on board. Read more about the P&O Cruises alcohol policy on the FAQ.
Ship your luggage with Eurosender!
Although the P&O cruise luggage rules are not very strict regarding weight and size, there are many forbidden luggage items on P&O cruises. If you plan on travelling with items included in the P&O luggage restrictions or want to get souvenirs for your loved ones, book shipping service and have your parcels delivered to the destination while you keep on sailing. Our platform allows you to get an immediate quote and have your luggage delivered directly to your door. Ship your extra luggage with a reliable courier.
Sending your extra luggage with Eurosender
Check with our tool below what kind of service would be best for your particular needs.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?