Cheap & reliable courier services to Ireland | Send a parcel to Ireland
Looking for the safest and cheapest way to send a parcel or pallet to Dublin or Cork? Eurosender’s digital platform offers you access to the most affordable and reliable courier services to Ireland. Together with our partners, we serve both individual and business customers who want to benefit from our competitive prices. We offer door-to-door shipping services and assistance throughout the whole process.
Types of services:
- Standard courier service to Ireland→ for shipping parcels up to 40 kg.
- Instant booking for pallet delivery to Ireland→ we have pioneered the idea of immediate quoting for pallet delivery to Ireland→ up to 1200 kg.
- Individual offers→ for shipping bulky and oddly shaped items that weigh up to 4.000 kg.
- Dedicated van transportation to Ireland→ we organize the transportation with an entire van in case of relocation or for the delivery of valuable items.
The booking process
Eurosender cooperates with the above logistics companies while always being on the lookout for new partnerships. By widening our logistics network, we make sure that we are able to meet any of our customers’ shipping needs.
Our engine automatically chooses the company with the best price-performance ratio. There is no need to search the Internet for the most reliable and affordable courier services to Ireland; Eurosender can do all the work for you.
Keep in mind that the booking process itself will only require a few minutes of your time. As a new user, you have the option to create either a personal or a company account. All you need to do is enter your e-mail and some basic personal details and your account is ready. In this way, you will be able to gain access to various payment methods and our special prices. The process of completing an order requires only a few steps. For instance, if you want to send a package to Ireland, all you need to do to enjoy all the benefit is:
- go to our engine and;
- insert the information details of your package;
- select the payment method and pay for the services;
Then, the rest is on us. Once the payment is completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with all the details. You can find more information on the dedicated section of our website. However, if your shipment is not suitable for standard shipping, we can offer you an individual offer.
Track your shipment – courier to Ireland
If you are going to ship a package to Ireland, you should expect a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number. This can be used to see where your package is located. The tracking system gets updated every time the parcel is scanned. Follow the transit of your parcel online and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you notice any inaccuracies in the data displayed.
Prohibited and restricted items – courier to Ireland
Some items are strictly forbidden from transport to Ireland and other countries in Europe. These are, among others, all hazardous substances, arms and ammunition, jewellery and other objects of great value. If you decide to send any of these items, you will be responsible for any damage caused to them. You can visit the dedicated section of our website and learn more.
Delivery considerations for courier services to Ireland
Things to remember or to pay attention to when booking courier services to Ireland:
- Postal codes – 35% of Irish premises have non-unique addresses due to an absence of house numbers or names. A postal code system called Eircode was launched in April 2014, for that exact reason. This system suffixes an identifier that is unique to each premise.
- Name on the doorbell – In smaller towns and many townlands, postal workers sometimes have to remember which family name corresponds to which house, due to the lack of names on the doorbell.
- Deliveries to remote areas in Ireland may take longer. Generally, the courier companies serve remote areas a few days per week. This is the reason why in rare cases, the courier might not show up on the selected date.
- Checking the integrity of the shipment, when the goods arrive in Ireland – when the courier hands over the parcels, remember to check them before signing the receipt.
- Please, remember that you need to provide a physical address, as the couriers we are working with don’t deliver the parcels to P.O. boxes.
- Make sure you check the correctness of your address. Any mistakes or missing information in the address that would need to be rectified, later on, will lead to a postponement of the pick-up.
Tips to ensure a successful delivery:
- Have someone at the address in the given time frame;
- Make sure you are reachable in case the courier decides to call;
- In the case of an unsuccessful delivery attempt, the parcel is stored in the courier’s local depot for only 7 days from where you can go and pick it up. After this period, the parcel is returned to the pick-up address;
- If the shipment is delivered to a company or a public institution, the customer needs to specify these details in the order form. The name of the person who received the parcel should also be added in the shipping details.
Clearing Irish customs
A customs declaration must be completed for goods imported into Ireland from outside the EU. This customs declaration must be made electronically using Revenue’s Automated Entry Processing (AEP) system. For the goods to be released, fees have to be paid, including customs Duty and Value-Added Tax (VAT).
Some of our logistics partners:
Eurosender’s logistics partners are known for their reliability and the high quality of their services. Relying on cutting-edge technology and vast experience in logistics, our team carefully chooses partners that offer the best price to performance ratio while also monitoring their performance. In this way, we do not only make sure your shipments are in safe hands, but also that they are delivered in time.
DPDgroup’s philosophy is to build closer connections with all of their customers. They have over 68.000 delivery experts!
Post of Slovenia
The Post of Slovenia is now expanding its services, by advancing the technologies it is using. It is a very reliable postal service provider in Europe.
DSV is a Danish shipping service provider that offers and manages supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. The company has more than 360.000 employees.
The state-owned POST-Luxembourg has a well-established reputation since it offers reliable and high-end courier services.
General Logistics Systems B.V., offers reliable shipping solutions in Europe and worldwide.
DB Schenker is a division of the German rail operator Deutsche Bahn AG that focuses on logistics.
Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers.
ACS Courier is the company that Greeks trust when shipping parcels and packages in their own country and abroad.
Seur, part of DPD group, is one of the largest international networks for express shipment.
Chronopost, also part of the DPD group, is specialized in the express delivery of parcels of up to 30 kg.
BRT or Bartolini is a well-known and reliable shipping company from Italy that has been around since 1997.
PostNord offers communication and logistics services in Northern Europe. The company is owned 40% by the Danish State and 60% by the Swedish State.
Gebrüder Weiss is an Austrian family-owned company that ranks among the leading transport and logistics service providers in Europe. It is now considered a pioneer in terms of sustainable business.