Transport building materials to worksites
Building materials and construction equipment can be tricky to move from one job to another without the proper organisation and planning, especially when transporting heavy or bulky building materials to building sites. Learn the best way to ship construction equipment to a worksite and save on the cost of shipping. Find a solution to ship or transport bags of sand, cement, flooring materials or other kinds of building materials.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Secure transport for building equipment
Our goal is to make shipping easier and faster. Book almost any delivery service in instants and easily manage all your transportation operations with our free logistics control panel.
Set up a business account
Transport of construction equipment and building materials
How to pack and ship construction equipment for transport
Depending on the type of building, flooring and construction equipment you need to transport to a worksite, follow our guidelines on how to prepare different building materials and ensure safe transportation:
Construction and flooring materials including cement, bricks and tiles
- Place bags of cement, bricks or tiles onto a pallet and stack them evenly. Take care not to exceed the dimensions of the pallet or stack it too high.
- Consider using polybags and canvas to secure loose bricks and bags together.
- Place heavier items towards the bottom, smaller, lighter items towards the top.
- Secure construction materials to the pallet with wrap and ties.
- Protect your tools by wrapping any sharp edges with bubble wrap.
- Consider using a heavy-duty toolbox for additional protection, or place it into a strong corrugated cardboard box.
- Fill any additional space with cushioning materials so your tools cannot move.
- Seal with tape and label if required.
Direct transport of building and construction equipment
If you are looking for a fast way to transport heavy building equipment and construction tools to worksites across Europe, look no further. Get an instant price on our booking tool for a van delivery service, and transport bags of sand, cement, tools and machinery in a dedicated vehicle. Instead of sharing space with other shippers, choose a van delivery with no stop-overs and minimal packing and labelling required. Loading and unloading assistance is also available on request.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?