The cheapest way to transport a wheelchair abroad or within a country
If you are looking for the most convenient and the cheapest way to transport a wheelchair abroad or domestically, Eurosender is at your service. We will help you arrange transportation of a wheelchair by courier to your chosen destination, whether it is a manual or electric wheelchair. You can easily order transport services through our online platform here below. If necessary, you can contact us directly so we can create a personalised offer for you. After this, all you have to do is properly pack the wheelchair (-s) you want to ship (see our packing instructions below on the page) and Eurosender will take care of everything else.
Arrange transportation of a wheelchair by courier
How to ship a wheelchair internationally or domestically?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight
You will immediately receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack a wheelchair for shipping
Our platform will offer you the cheapest way to transport a wheelchair abroad or within a country with one of the most reliable logistics companies.
If you have specific questions and want to receive more details on how to ship a wheelchair internationally or domestically, feel free to contact our customer service, we will be happy to assist you!
Before you arrange transportation of a wheelchair by courier
- Before you proceed to arrange transportation of a wheelchair by courier, we advise you to measure the dimensions and the weight of your packaged wheelchair (see the packing instructions below on the page). After you do so, enter the data into the shipping size checker below to find out which shipping service will be most convenient for you.
Check what service will be the best for you
- This way, the system will propose you the best way to ship a wheelchair. At Eurosender, several options are available for your shipment:
- Standard shipping (weight up to 40 kg (or up to 30 kg on some routes) and longest side up to 175 cm).
- Pallet delivery: if the size of your parcel exceeds the size of the standard shipping, pallet delivery is a good option. You can easily pack your pallet, place an order online and Eurosender will take care of the rest.
- Individual offer: if your parcel does not correspond to the standard shipping dimensions, we can prepare for you a personalized offer. For this, you just need to click on the button below and submit a request:
Request an individual offer
- In most countries, the delivery company will print and stick the label on your package. Sometimes you have to do it yourself, but do not worry, we’ll let you know if you need to.
- If necessary, you can check what time will the delivery of your parcel take. For this, please use our estimated delivery time tool below:
- Please place your order at least two business days before the date when you would like a transport service to pick up your parcel.
Eurosender offers you a free insurance for an amount of 200 EUR for each parcel you send with us. In addition, when booking our transport services you can buy an additional insurance at a low price.
Packaging materials to arrange transportation of a wheelchair by courier
When planning to ship a wheelchair at a chosen destination by transporter, please prepare all necessary materials to protect your parcel to the maximum. You will need the following materials:
- Cardboard boxes – sturdy enough to support the weight of the wheelchair you ship. You can take used boxes, but make sure they are in good condition (no holes, etc.).
- A pallet (if applicable) – if, for example, you ship a wheelchair with dimensions that exceed the limits of standard shipping (it may be the case, for instance, with electric wheelchairs or with manual wheelchairs having rigid frame).
- Straps (if applicable) – to tie the wheelchair to the pallet, if you use a pallet shipment.
- Bubble wrap – it serves as a reliable packing and cushioning material to protect the items you send.
- Cushioning materials – you can take moving blankets, foam wrap, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or corrugated cardboard to provide additional protection.
- Adhesive tape – to secure packing materials and seal the box (if applicable).
How to pack a wheelchair in case of a standard shipping?
If you plan to send a wheelchair that meets the requirements of a standard shipping (this will probably be the case for manual folding wheelchairs, for example), here are the packing instructions for you to consider.
- Prepare the wheelchair. If the wheelchair is foldable, fold it down so it can take up as little space as possible in the cardboard box. However, if the wheelchair has a rigid frame but still fits into standard shipping, disassemble it (if possible) into individual parts (detaching the wheels, for example, etc.) to make it easier to pack and transport it.
- Bubble-wrap the wheelchair. If it’s for a folded wheelchair, bubble-wrap it entirely to ensure the first layer of protection for it during the transportation. If it’s for a rigid wheelchair, bubble-wrap separately each part of it that you managed to detach (the wheels, for example). After this, bubble-wrap entirely the remaining frame of the wheelchair. In each case, fix the bubble-wrap with sufficient amount of adhesive tape.
- Prepare a cardboard box. Cover the bottom of the box with cushioning material; you can use packing peanuts or enough of foam wrap, for example.
- Put bubble-wrapped wheelchair (and its parts) into the box. Fill the remaining empty space in the box with additional cushioning materials in order to ensure a maximum protection of your items during their transportation.
- Seal and secure your package. Seal the box and secure each side of the it with enough of adhesive tape.
How to pack a wheelchair in case of using pallet shipping service?
If you would like to send a wheelchair that does not meet the requirements of a standard shipping and if you choose a pallet shipping service (this will probably be the case for folding electric wheelchairs, for example), here are the packing instructions for you to consider.
- Prepare the wheelchair. Bubble-wrap the wheelchair entirely and fix it with sufficient amount of adhesive tape.
- Prepare the pallet. Cover the pallet with corrugated cardboard (or similar material) before placing a bubble-wrapped wheelchair on it.
- Place the wheelchair on the pallet and tie it well to the pallet with special
- Verify if the wheelchair is properly wrapped and is firmly fixed to the pallet with straps.
Why can Eurosender offer you the best and the cheapest way to transport a wheelchair abroad or domestically?
- Our shipping services have one of the best quality/price ratios on the market. This is perfect for you if you are searching for how to ship a wheelchair internationally or domestically at the cheap price.
- It only takes a few minutes to book a shipping service.
- We cooperate with many of the most reliable international and local delivery companies such as DHL, DPD, GLS, Post Luxembourg, etc.
- Tracking number to track your package online.
- Friendly support staff speaking 15 languages.
- We have a large number of guides on how to package and ship different items, which can help you organize your specific shipment.
This way, sending a wheelchair with Eurosender, whether it is a manual wheelchair or an electric one, is quite easy. If you have any specific questions about how to ship a wheelchair internationally or within a country, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.