Cheap & reliable courier services to Italy | Send a parcel to Italy
Eurosender is an online platform for booking cheap and reliable courier services to Italy. There is no need to spend endless hours comparing different prices that are offered online. Eurosender’s algorithm will show you the lowest prices for shipping a package or palette to Rome, Milan or any other Italian city you choose. Our services are designed for businesses and individuals, such as expatriates, students, and travelers. All of our customers benefit from the same low prices.
Types of services:
Door-to-door courier services to Italy and almost any destination in Europe:
- Standard courier service to Italy → for shipping parcels up to 40 kg.
- Instant booking for pallet delivery to Italy → we have pioneered the idea of immediate quoting for pallet delivery → up to 1200 kg.
- Individual offers → for shipping bulky and oddly shaped items that weigh up to 4.000 kg.
- Dedicated van transportation to Italy → we organize the transportation with a van in case of relocation or for the delivery of valuable items.
Eurosender is asset-light and works with various global and locally specialized carriers.
Here is an extensive list of our reliable logistics partners:
PostNord delivers world-class communication and logistics solutions to businesses and individuals throughout the Nordic region.
Gebrüder Weiss shipping
With around 7,000 employees, 150 company-owned locations and a turnover of 1.55 billion euros in 2017, the Austrian Gebrüder Weiss ranks among the leading transport and logistics companies in Europe.
DPDgroup is the parcel delivery network of GeoPost. It brings together DPD, Chronopost and SEUR. Their ambition is to be the best delivery partner to work with.
Pošta Slovenije shipping
The Post of Slovenia is wholly owned by the state of Slovenia. The postal service company has over 6.000 employees, thus, it plays an important role in the Slovenian society.
DSV courier service
DSV is a Danish company, specialized in air, sea, and road freight. They also offer special transport solutions and customs clearance.
DHL courier service
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. It is part of the world’s leading postal and logistics company Deutsche Post DHL Group.
POST Luxemburg courier service
POST Luxembourg was founded in 1842 as a public service and has been a wholly state-owned company since 1992..
GLS courier service
The GLS Group covers 41 European countries and seven U.S. states with its parcel services. They offer reliable shipping solutions – both nationally and internationally in Europe and worldwide. Europe is the defined core market.
DB Schenker courier service
DB Schenker is a division of the German rail operator Deutsche Bahn AG that focuses on logistics.
Kuehne + Nagel shipping
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers.
ACS courier service
ACS Courier operates in the Greek market since 1981. They provide quality shipping services in Greece and other countries. It is a member of the business group Info-Quest.
Seur delivers more than 300,000 parcels every day. They are part of DPDgroup, one of the largest international networks for express shipment.
Chronopost courier service
Chronopost is a French company specialized in the express delivery of parcels of up to 30 kg. It is also part of DPDgroup.
Eurosender’s logistics network is always expanding, since we are always on the look for new collaborations. The booking process through our platform will require only a few minutes of your time. It does not matter if you want to send a parcel or organize a less than truckload (LTL) transport and full truckload shipping (FTL) to Italy, Eurosender can offer you a suitable logistics solution.
If you would like to book a shipping service to Italy through Eurosender, you begin by declaring whether you’re a private or business user. Then, you simply insert the information details of your package and select the payment method.
Once you pay for the services, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the order details. You should keep in mind that if your shipment is not suitable for standard shipping, we can offer you an individual offer. All you have to do is to fill in a form and our team will contact you with a customized offer.
Transit information – courier to Italy
After the service is booked, you will receive an e-mail that will include a tracking number. With this number, you will be able to track your shipment online until it finally reaches Italy or any other destination you have chosen. This is how it works: The tracking system gets updated every time your parcel is scanned at a new depot or location. If the system displays the same message for a few days, it could be due to delays in updating the system.
Label and paperwork – courier to Italy
For the package to be shipped to Italy, it must carry a label. The label provides important information, such as the name and address of the sender and of the recipient. If your parcels will be collected in Italy, you are not required to print the label yourself. ] Last but not least, in case you are sending many parcels to Italy, you should make sure that the courier attaches each label to the right parcel. You can learn more about labels by visiting our blog.
Delivery considerations for courier services to Italy
Things to remember when booking courier services to Italy:
• Postal codes – Italy’s postal code system is called CAP. They start with an optional prefix of “I-“, followed by five digits. You should keep in mind that the Vatican City and San Marino also use the Italian postal code system.
• Name on the doorbell – If the recipient’s name is not displayed on the doorbell, this might cause confusion.
• Checking the integrity of the shipment, when the goods arrive in Italy – If you sign the POD without checking the shipment first, it will be hard to claim for damages (if there are any).
• Our couriers are not able to send to P.O. boxes
• Eurosender’s services are door-to-door. No need to search for drop-off points!
Tips to ensure a successful delivery:
• Appoint another person, if you cannot be at the delivery address at the delivery time;
• Make sure you are reachable in case the courier decides to call before the delivery;
• If the selected courier company stores the parcels in their local depot, the consignee has to pick it up in maximum 7 days;
• Constantly check the tracking information to see when the parcel approaches the destination.
Clearing Italian customs
Import duties and taxes are levied by the Italian government on goods that are brought in from outside the EU. Import duty rates in Italy generally range between 0% and 17%, depending on the item. The standard Value Added Tax (VAT) on most items is 22% of the value, plus the shipping cost and insurance. Are you planning on sending cigarettes, alcohol or food to Italy? We would recommend you to check our guide and be informed on the European regulations.