How to ship a baby carrier or stroller overseas
If you are planning to travel with your baby or toddler abroad, you might be wondering how to take the baby carrier or stroller with you. In order to avoid carrying such a bulky item with you during your trip, it is recommended that you ship your baby carrier, baby backpack, pram or stroller directly to your chosen destination. And this is where a shipping service provider might come in handy. Eurosender only cooperates with logistics companies who are known for their reliability and can safely send a baby carrier or stroller overseas. However, it is important to take your own measures to ensure a safe transit of your items. Follow the packaging guidelines that we have put together for you and learn how to pack a baby carrier or stroller for shipping.
How to place an order for shipping a baby carrier or stroller?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack baby stroller for shipping.
We will take care of arranging the shipping with one of our trusted logistics partners and you will be able to enjoy the convenience of door-to-door shipping.
Any shipment booked through Eurosender is automatically insured for the amount up to 200€. However, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance for expensive items such as baby carriers. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a very low extra price.
If you have any additional questions about how to ship baby carriers, baby backpacks, strollers or prams, you can always turn to our customer support and our specialists will be more than happy to assist you.
How to ship a baby carrier or stroller
Choosing the right courier service is very important for shipping items such as a baby carrier or stroller because these are often quite expensive. Eurosender can help you find the right courier service provider to ship your baby carrier.
Here are some tips for booking shipping services:
- Measure the dimensions of your parcel accurately by using our Shipment Size Checker below to see what type of shipping your items qualify for.
- If the pick-up country is either Poland, Sweden or Spain, you will have to print the label and put it on the parcel yourself. In other cases, the courier will do this for you.
- Place the order for shipping at least two days before your departure from the location to avoid any issues with the pick-up.
Insert the dimensions of the baby stroller
Packaging tips for shipping baby carrier or stroller
Proper packaging of your baby items is crucial if you want to ensure maximum protection. The main materials you will need to ship your baby carrier or baby backpack are the following:
- Cardboard boxes – they can be bought at any stationery or hardware store and you can get used ones in supermarkets. In case you decide to reuse an old box, make sure it is sturdy enough and does not have any dents.
- Plastic bags or pouches – they can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Bubble wrap – can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Packing peanuts – for internal cushioning of the cardboard boxes and filling the space between the item and the box. You can buy them at hardware stores.
- Adhesive tape – for sealing the box.
We have also prepared an exhaustive list of the main hardware stores in Europe, so you can find some suggestions for your country in case of any doubts.
How to pack a baby carrier for shipping
Shipping a baby carrier should not be difficult if you follow some simple guidelines:
- Remove the detachable parts. Remove any parts that can be detached and wrap them separately. If your baby carrier is in the form of a baby sling, you can fold it to reduce its size.
- Wrap the item. Protect the baby carrier with bubble wrap. You might have to use additional cushioning materials, such as more bubble wrap or simple crumpled paper, to secure the item, so it does not move during transit.
- Put the carrier in the box. Then fill all the empty space with packing peanuts or other cushioning materials and seal the box.
- Label the package if needed. Now your baby carrier is ready for shipping. Additionally, you can also label the box with a sign saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, note that such a warning cannot guarantee that a package will be treated as such and should not substitute adequate packaging.
How to pack a stroller for shipping
If you are wondering how to pack a stroller or pram for shipping, you can follow these guidelines:
- Remove any detachable items. Such items can be the rain cover and the wheels. By removing them, the stroller becomes much smaller in size.
- Wrap the stroller in bubble wrap. At least 5 cm of padding is recommended.
- Place the stroller in the box. It can be the original box or a cardboard box that is appropriate for the size of the shipment.
- Fill in the empty spaces. Use packing peanuts or even old newspapers to add extra protection.
- Seal and label the box.
Request an individual offer
The reasons for shipping a baby carrier or stroller internationally
Our customers turned to us in need of shipping a baby carrier or stroller internationally for various reasons. Some of the most common ones were the following:
- Travelling with a baby or toddler. Many of our customers wanted to go on a hike or travel to a foreign country with their baby or toddler. Taking a baby carrier, baby backpack or stroller with them was essential. Instead of carrying them around, shipping these essential baby products was the best solution for the majority of our customers.
- Moving abroad. When moving abroad by plane, taking all your baby products with you is usually not possible. The solution, in this case, is simply shipping your baby carrier or stroller with the help of courier services.
- Selling the baby carrier or stroller. Some customers have sold their baby carriers and strollers online when their children did not need them anymore and then needed to find the best solution for sending it to the buyer. This is where courier services came in handy.
If there is anything else you would like to know on how to ship a baby carrier or stroller, do not hesitate to get in touch with our experienced customer support team and they will give you more tips.