How to ship toys and games
Loved by children and adults alike, toys and various board games can make for the most awesome gifts while also being popular as collectibles. At Eurosender, we therefore regularly help customers with shipping such items from one part of Europe to another. By combining our breadth of experience in the logistics industry with the choice of the most reliable shipping partners, we make the booking and delivery process stress-free, affordable and reliable.
Whether you need to post out a teddy bear, a vintage action figure or a whole monopoly set, you can turn to our services and enjoy the benefits of a door-to-door delivery at a fraction of the usual prices.
How to place an order to ship toys and games abroad or domestically
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack toys and games for shipping.
When you have your shipment packed and ready to go and the service has been booked, the only task left for you is to wait for the courier to arrive. We will arrange the transport together with our partners and represent you in all matters related to your shipment.
The standard insurance of up to 200€ is already included in the price of every single shipment. However, if you want to ship toys and games of higher value, especially vintage items or collectibles, we recommend that you also opt for additional insurance of up to 1000€ or 2000€ per shipment. Available at extremely low rates, these two insurance packages will give you a complete peace of mind.
If you need more specific information on how to send toys abroad or on the best courier services for shipping toys and games, simply turn to our customer support team. Get in touch with them via e-mail or telephone and they will do their best to assist you.
How to ship toys and games via courier services
When using courier services for shipping toys and games, the rules of the game are the same as in the case of all package shipments: do not skimp on the packaging materials and book wisely. To avoid issues and ensure a successful delivery, follow the below guidelines:
- You can usually ship toys and games with the help of standard courier services. However, if you have a larger shipment, we recommend that you carefully measure the box and use our Shipment Size Checker to determine which type of shipping service is most suitable in your case.
- If your chosen pick-up destination is in Spain, Poland or Sweden, you have to print the shipping label and affix it to your package on your own. In all other cases, this is done by the couriers.
- If you intend to leave the pick-up address just before the pick-up, always make sure that you book the shipping service at least 2 days ahead of your departure. This will help you avoid most problems with the pick-up.
Packaging tips for shipping toys
Whether you need to send toys internationally or only to another city, choosing the right packaging materials and ample amounts of protection is a must. If you package your items poorly and the shipment gets damaged en route, your chances of a successful claim are slim at best. For maximum protection, make sure you have the following packaging materials:
- Sturdy cardboard boxes – you can buy a cardboard box at a hardware or stationery store, but you can also take a used one. Just make sure that it is in good condition, which means no holes, tears or dents should be visible.
- Bubble wrap– to protect every individual item in the package
- Plastic bags– for storing smaller parts so they do not get lost. You can also use Ziploc bags.
- Packing materials– for internal cushioning of the package. You can use packing peanuts (polystyrene chips), Styrofoam sheets, foam padding or even old newspapers.
- Adhesive tape and scissors–to seal the box when you are finished with packing.
How to pack toys and games for shipping
Once you have all the packaging materials at the ready, you can start by preparing the shipment for transport. Carefully go through the following tips:
- Prepare each individual item for shipping. Before placing the items in a box and sealing it, make sure they are ready to be packed.
- Empty any water pistols or other objects containing or having come into contact with water. Wipe them dry with a cloth.
- If you have been using the toys outside, remove any dirt from them and check for any bugs or other unpleasant surprises that might be hiding in the openings.
- Take larger toys apart if needed. Pack smaller items in a plastic or Ziploc bag to prevent them from getting lost. It is a good idea to label individual parts/bags so you will know how to assemble the item again.
- If you are about to ship a board game, a jigsaw puzzle or other items packed in boxes with removable lids, never forget to seal up the lid with adhesive tape. Make sure it will not come off during transport.
- Protect the items. When it comes to protecting toys and games for packing, you have several options:
- If you are sending a brand-new toy or game, it is best to leave it in its original packaging. It will prevent the item – and especially any of its loose parts – from moving around. We advise you to always put the original box into a slightly larger box to ensure its safety. When shipping collectibles or vintage toys and games, you might also want to protect the original packaging itself. Wrap it in some bubble wrap and double-check that the edges are covered.
- If you want to send a used toy or one without the original packaging, you can simply wrap each item in bubble wrap or put it in a small cardboard box. You can also combine both methods.
- When packing stuffed toys or rag dolls, protect their eyes, buttons etc. with some bubble wrap. Always put such toys in plastic bags or wrap them with packing paper to prevent them from getting dirty. Surround them with enough materials to make sure recipients opening packages with knives will not cut directly into the toy.
- Place the original boxes or wrapped items in the package and secure them. Make sure no item in the package can move around by filling all empty spaces with polystyrene chips, crumpled paper or another form of padding. When you are done, gently shake the box to make sure everything is snugly packed. You should hear or sense no movement at this point.
- Seal and label. Apply several layers of adhesive tape on all sides of the box. Cover all edges and flaps. If you need to print and attach the label yourself, now is the time to do it.
Can I ship toys with batteries inside?
Toys like remote-controlled cars or robot pets run on various types of batteries. As these are considered hazardous by courier services you need to be extra careful when shipping such items.
Follow these guidelines to safely ship toys with batteries:
- If you want to send an item with AA or AAA batteries, we advise you to simply take these out and ship the items without them.
- Lithium-ion batteries must remain inside the devices they power. These must be switched off at all times. Therefore, always pack electronic items in a way that prevents them from being turned on by accident. Protect all the switches and buttons.
- Note that lithium-ion batteries are forbidden for any transports done by air and can only be shipped by road. For international shipments to and from Greece sent through Eurosender, courier services providers will therefore not transport any type of electronic equipment with these batteries inside.
Eurosender – the most reliable and the cheapest way to send toys or games
To show you how you can benefit from our offer, here are some examples of using courier services for shipping toys, which are based on the needs of our satisfied customers. Whether you need to ship a board game set, a pack of trading cards, some vintage action figures, toy cars or even a model railroad, choosing Eurosender will spare your wallet and nerves.
- Sending toys as gifts. If you have to have your gift delivered to the recipient, choosing a reliable courier who will not spoil a Christmas or birthday surprise is crucial. By combining the choice or reliable partners with affordability, Eurosender also makes sure that you can spend your money on the gift itself and not on shipping.
- Selling toys online. If you sell well-known collectible toys and games online or running a small toy business, offering lower shipping prices can quickly get you ahead of your competitors. Turn to Eurosender and get access to the cheapest way to ship toys and games to your buyers.
- Buying toys. Are you an avid toy or board game collector on the hunt for the hottest items? If you find them abroad, you can get the seller’s address and organize the shipping through Eurosender to save some money for the next purchases.
- Shipping toys back. If you do not like a particular item or you need to send a toy in for repairs, Eurosender can make this job easier.
- Shipping toys and games to remote areas or to children in need. Eurosender supports the work of individuals or non-profit organizations bringing joy to children in areas affected by poverty. We can advise you on how to send toys internationally and organize the shipping at lower rates or even for free. Contact us for more information.
If you happen to have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact our customer support department. They will be happy to guide you through the booking process and find the best way for you to send toys internationally.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping toys and games. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a toy or game, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.