International removals to India. Things you should know before moving to India
Things to know about living in India
Indian rupee (INR)
On the left side
The cost of moving to India. International removals with Eurosender
Save costs on moving to India! Eurosender offers affordable and reliable services for international removals to India, which allow you to send various items abroad:
Visa regulations for India
People immigrate to India for various purposes. Thus, there are different types of visas offered by Indian governmental authorities. Check the basic visa information for India we have gathered:
- Tourist visa. Many tourists are moving to India to explore its unique cultures. Also, people who plan to immigrate to India apply for a tourist visa to better prepare for living in India.
- Employment visa is targeted at highly qualified expats who have a job contract with an Indian company.
- Business visa to explore business opportunities or take advantage of the job market in India.
- Student visa. You need to have student admission papers from the institution to apply for this visa.
- Film visa. If you want to do a TV show or commercial film in India, this type of visa, issued for a year, is exactly what you need.
- Medical visa is for the patients seeking treatment in Indian healthcare institutions. The medical workers are well-trained, but the prices of healthcare services are much lower than in Europe and the USA.
Property information. The cost of renting an apartment in India
Those who immigrate to India with family usually consider buying a real estate property. The average prices for 1 square meter may range between €650-€1,200 depending on the area and state.
If you plan to rent an apartment in New Delhi the average rental price is €90-€200 for a one-bedroom apartment. In Mumbai, such an apartment will cost you €180-€300 per month.
Get a quote for relocating to India
People trust our expertise
LIVING IN INDIA
The cost of living in India
India has very low prices for food, services, household goods, and many other items. The cost of living in Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, New Delhi, and Kolkata will be higher than in rural areas but still much lower than that in the USA or major European cities. The average price for the utility bills is €25-35, while Internet connection will cost you €12 per month.
Do you need to send documents urgently to India to help secure a place to stay before moving?
Eurosender offers fast envelope delivery with our Express delivery service.
The job market in India
India has the third-largest economy in the world. Currently, agriculture, mining and service sectors are the biggest industries in India. However, about half of the country’s population earns less than €100 per month. Even though there are many qualified professionals domestically, the job market in India attracts expats to the IT and education spheres. In particular, full-stack developers, digital marketing specialists, AI engineers, and English teachers are the highest paying jobs in India.
The education system in India
Expats moving to India with children also need to consider this aspect of immigration and think of educational options in advance. All children in India are admitted to compulsory elementary education free of charge.
The modern education system in India has a wide range of private and international schools, especially in big cities. Private schools in India offer studies in English for both locals and expat children, so it is an excellent opportunity for your children to integrate into society fast.
Healthcare in India
The healthcare system in India is mainly governed by its states, which means that there could be differences in regulations across the country. The healthcare system in India is subdivided into public and private. While the states administrate the public sector, private healthcare companies function separately. The quality and variety of healthcare services in private hospitals is very high, and it is similar to that expats tend to experience in their home countries.
The competitive advantage of Indian healthcare system attracts medical tourists from other Asian countries and those who are interested in alternative and ayurvedic medicine.
Driving in India
- Foreigners living in India can drive any motor vehicle if they have an international driving licence which is valid for a year.
- Driving in India is similar to the UK as cars drive on the left side of the road there.
- The traffic in India is dangerous and unregulated because there is a lack of traffic management on the roads.
- Public transportation system is not very well-developed in India, but there’s an alternative to driving a car in India, such as taxis.
- Taxis are popular among people who relocated to India as they have comparatively low fares. But before taking a taxi, you need to negotiate with the driver about the price.
What to expect when living in India as a foreigner
Undoubtedly, the lifestyle of local people in India is much different from that of expats coming particularly from the western countries. Here are the benefits and disadvantages of living in India, according to people who immigrated there:
- The attitude towards life. People in India simply enjoy life, so expats moving to India could experience a stress-free environment.
- Low cost of living in India. The prices for products and services in India are probably among the lowest in the world.
- Poor infrastructure. India has more than 1 billion people and not enough funds to manage the infrastructure, enhance the quality of roads, and build railroads.
- Loud and overcrowded streets. Big cities like Mumbai are suffering from noise, traffic and general dirtiness.
- Much of the attention. People relocating from Europe to India are looking different from locals and get much attention.
Ready to get started?
People trust our expertise
The most popular destinations from where people move to India
Moving to India from Germany
Are you looking for the safest and cheapest way to move a house to India? Eurosender will provide lower than the average moving costs to India. Whether you are an individual or a business, we make sure that everyone gets the most competitive prices and the safest transportation when moving to India from Germany.
Moving to India from the UK
Do you want to send a parcel or do you need to move your furniture on a pallet instead when moving house to India? Eurosender is your best solution in both cases granting affordable cost of moving to India. We are using smart technology to find the perfect solution for everyone who is moving to India from the United Kingdom and other European countries.
Moving to India from the USA
Are you moving to India from the USA and need an affordable solution for moving a house? We offer our customers the best price available in the market so you can save costs on moving to India. That way, your migration to India would be very smooth and easy.