Immigrate to Israel: Things you should know before moving to Israel
Moving to Israel – What should I know before I immigrate to Israel?
New shekel (ILS)
On the right side
The cost of moving to Israel – international removals to Israel with Eurosender
Moving to Israel from the UK, USA or Australia doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. Eurosender’s cost-effective and reliable international removals to Israel, will suit any shipping requirement.
Visa regulations for Israel
For those wishing to immigrate to Israel, there are four different types of visas.
- Immigration visa: For people of Jewish faith looking to move to Israel, you can apply based on the Law of Return, and visa regulations for Israel require you to sit an exam with an aliya representative of the Jewish Agency. For more information, visit the Israel immigration website.
- Student visa: Many students undertaking religious studies or international programs choosing to move to Israel to do so. To attend academic institutions in Israel, you must apply for a student visa.
- Clergy Visa: Required for those who are relocating to Israel to fulfil clerical duties in religious communities.
- Work visa: If you are moving to Israel for work, you are required to obtain a signed contract with your employer first.
Many countries are exempt from the 90-day visitor’s visa, so for the full list of countries, please check the Israel immigration website. This does not apply to those moving to Israel for study, religious or business reasons.
Property in Israel
The price of property in Israel is quite high, which is why many Israelis choose to rent instead. If you are thinking of moving to Israel, here are the rental prices for the most popular cities for expats.
- Tel Aviv: For a single bedroom apartment in the city centre, price for rent per month can range between 4.000 ILS – 6.500 ILS (€950 – €1.500). If you’re moving to Tel Aviv with your family, a 3-bedroom apartment can range between 7.000 ILS – 12.000 ILS (€1.600 – €2.800) per month.
- Jerusalem: For a single bedroom apartment in the centre of Jerusalem, prices range between 3.000 ILS – 5.000 (€710- €1.100) per month. Families looking to immigrate to Jerusalem will need a 3 bedroom-apartment, costing around 5.000 ILS – 8.000 ILS (€1.100 – €2.000) in the centre of the city.
- Haifa: A single person relocating to Israel and wishing to live in Haifa will need between 2.000 ILS – 3.000 ILS (€2475 – €713) per month for a single bedroom apartment. Families who decide to immigrate to Israel and choose this city will need between 3.500 ILS – 5.000 ILS (€830 – €1.100) per month for a 3 bedroom in the centre of town.
Eurosender offers the best priced international removals to Israel, so moving your belongings doesn’t have to blow the budget. Moving soon? Why not use Express shipping for boxes up to 70kg!
LIVING IN ISRAEL
The cost of living in Israel
High rental and property prices make up a huge proportion of the cost of living in Israel, with the average salary being only 9000 ILS per month. Other things to consider when relocating and calculating your cost of living in Israel:
- Utility bills average between 400 ILS – 1.000 ILS per month (€100 – €200).
- A meal of the day will cost around 60 ILS (€10 – €20).
- A great way to save money towards your cost of living in Israel is to take public transport. An average one-way ticket in a major city will cost around 6 ILS (€1.40).
Do you need to send documents urgently to Israel to help secure a place to stay before moving?
Eurosender offers fast envelope delivery with our Express delivery service.
Job market in Israel
Although Israeli employers tend to prioritise local residents, it is still possible to find jobs in Israel, particularly in international companies, due to its booming IT and research sectors. If you are looking to move to Israel and wish to work, there are opportunities for foreigners found in companies such as Huawai, Hewlett Packard, Nokia, 3M and Zemanta, just to name a few.
It is also important to ensure you have a work permit, which will need to be organised partly through your employer first.
Schools in Israel
The education system in Israel is a little different to most places in the world as it also includes compulsory pre-school education and compulsory military service after secondary school, for both males and females. There are also a variety of international schools available for expats, particularly who live in Israel from English-speaking countries such as the UK, USA and Australia. It is also important to remember when moving to Israel to study that Universities and higher education institutions are only taught in Hebrew or Arabic.
Healthcare in Israel
Healthcare in Israel, under the national healthcare system, is high quality and easily accessible for citizens, immigrants and legal residents who relocate to Israel under the Law of Return. Under this law, your first year of healthcare insurance is free. For those not of Jewish faith who choose to immigrate to Israel, you will need to organise private health insurance to cover you for your length of stay.
Driving in Israel
If you are planning on driving in Israel, it is recommended to take a few lessons before you hit the road, as driving conditions might be busier and more aggressive than what you are used to. When you immigrate to Israel, you will need to exchange your license to an Israeli one within the first three years.
What to expect when living in Israel
- When living in Israel, don’t be alarmed about the heightened security in public places. Due to its location, Israel is in a constant state of war anticipation and unfortunately has experienced recent attacks.
- Nevertheless, you can expect a high standard of living in Israel. They have low unemployment rates, high-quality medical services and rich cultural diversity.
- It is quite difficult to immigrate to Israel if you do not have Jewish roots.
See the most popular destinations people move from
Moving to Israel from the UK
For those wishing to relocate to Israel from the UK, look no further. Eurosender’s low-cost international removals to Israel make it easy to move your belongings with solutions to suit any sized shipment. Our easy booking platform will give you an instant price for shipping to Israel and our express envelope shipping is perfect for organising your documents to move to Israel from the UK faster.
Moving to Israel from the USA
Whether you’re one of the thousands of returning Jews, or you’ve been offered a transfer in an international company, Eurosender will help you organise your move to Israel from the USA. Our international removals to Israel from the USA offer you reliable shipping services whether you need to ship a few boxes or a whole house of furniture. Our express service will also ensure your urgent documents arrive within the shortest amount of time.
Moving to Israel from Australia
Moving to Israel from Australia doesn’t have to be a headache, with Eurosender’s cost-effective international removals to Israel from Australia. Our easy booking platform will give you an instant price on express, standard, and freight delivery, so you can be sure you have the cheapest way to move furniture or anything else to Israel. If you have an unusual request, our experts can also tailor an offer to suit any shipping requirement.