Courier delivery service to a village or a rural area
Living in a village or a rural area is enjoying peace and quiet, a slow pace of life and a close sense of community. Shipping or receiving a parcel in a village or in a rural area can appear difficult, especially if the village is located in a remote area. Find out how to easily organize a courier door-to-door delivery to your house in a village or a rural area without any problem with Eurosender and get the best prices.
Book a courier delivery to a village in a rural area or to any other address
Shipping services to rural areas or villages for companies
Are you a company and your clients frequently ask for a delivery to a village or a rural area? Or you own a small shop located in a village and you need a cheap courier service to deliver your products? Register as business user on our platform and manage your logistics in a fast and easy way. Find out our competitive prices to ship parcels and pallets to villages or to any other address. Get access to all the data and invoices of your orders in one place and improve your logistic service.
How to write the correct address for shipping packages to a rural area?
Shipping to rural areas might be a bit more complicated, but as long as you receive mail on your delivery address, it is also possible to receive packages. To avoid a failed delivery when you ship parcels to a village in a rural area, always double-check all the details of the address and follow the guidelines below.
Choose the country of pick-up/delivery.
Ex.: New Zealand
- Name & Surname
Add the full name of the consignee.
Ex.: Judy Simpson
Fill out the street name in full and the number.
Ex.: Harlen street 11
- Additional info – Optional
Write the alternative address of one of the nearby neighbors, if you are not able to be at the delivery address the entire day on the delivery date.
Ex.: Harlen street 13, Joan Holmes
- Zip code
Add the zip code, please double check if it’s the right one.
Add the full name of the town or city.
- Phone number
Add the phone number, change the area code if needed.
Ex.: +64 20 1234 1234
Shipping services for a delivery to a village or a rural area
The shipping service to and from a village that best fits your needs depends on the volume of your items and the urgency. Below you find all the different options that Eurosender offers to ship from and to a village, a rural area or any other location.
Standard shipping service. Ideal for shipping and receiving small packages in a village or rural area. The maximum dimensions to use this service are:
- Maximum weight of 40kg (30kg in some cases).
- A maximum length of 175 cm.
- Length (in cm) + 2x width (in cm) + 2x height (in cm) < 300 cm.
Thing to keep in mind when shipping packages to a village or a rural area
Every time you book a courier delivery to a village or a rural area is important to prepare and organize the shipment correctly. The most important things to keep in mind when organizing a parcel delivery or collection in a village or a rural area.
Common problems with shipping to rural areas and how to avoid them
Courier delivery to a village or a rural area has some peculiarities. That is why we have created this section about common problems when shipping to rural areas and how you can avoid them.
- Day of the pick-up or delivery. In many villages or rural areas, pick-ups and deliveries are not carried out daily. Check with the courier company or contact us to know if that applies to the area where you live.
- Recipient absent. Always make sure that you are present at the given address to receive the parcel from the courier. Check on our online tracking system the status of your shipment to know when the courier will deliver your parcel to your village.
- Delivery to the neighbor. When your shipment has the status “delivered” but you haven’t received it yet, check with your neighbors. In small communities, where everyone knows each other, the driver could leave the package with someone else.
- Delays. Always take into consideration that weather conditions or other unexpected problems can cause delays, especially for a courier delivery to a village or a rural area as they are often more remote than urban areas.
- Surcharges. Some small villages or rural areas can be considered remote locations by courier companies. In this situation, surcharges may be applied for a delivery in these remote villages or rural areas. Check with the courier company or contact us to know if your village is considered a remote location.
- Depot or pick up store. When the courier cannot deliver to the given address, the parcel is usually stored in the nearest depot or pick up store. The parcel will be available for the collection during the following 5 working days.
To avoid delays, failed deliveries or other problems when you ship parcels to a village or a rural area you can consider shipping your items to another location, like your workplace or a friend’s address in the nearest city.
If you have any further questions about shipping or receiving packages in a village located in a rural area contact us. Our logistics experts will answer all your questions about deliveries to a rural area and help you find the best way to ship to or from a village.