How to send a care package to someone in jail
Receiving care packages in jail is more common in the USA and Australia than in Europe. Nevertheless, sending books, gifts or clothes to prisoners is a great way to make life easier and show your loved one you’re thinking of them. More often, customers ask ‘how to send a care package to someone in jail?’ At Eurosender, we are experts in parcel delivery to any destination, including prisoners and inmates in most jails and prisons and shipping to correctional facilities worldwide. Discover the best way to send inmate care packages, including advice on what to send someone in jail, and book low-cost and reliable international parcel delivery to inmates and prisoners with Eurosender.
START SHIPPING NOW
Book low-cost parcel delivery to inmates and prisoners
Shipping to correctional facilities and anywhere else with Eurosender
Things to consider before booking a parcel delivery to a prisons and jails
How to correctly address an inmate care package
Getting the address right when shipping to a correctional facility is crucial to ensure your loved one receives their package without any issues. Before you decide to send books, gifts or clothes to a prisoner, contact the jail first to find out the correct way to address your parcel, including Prisoner ID numbers. Wherever you are shipping to, addresses should be written as follows, to avoid failed deliveries:
- CountryChoose the country of pick-up/delivery.
- Name & SurnameName of the prison followed by the full name of the consignee
Ex.: Acacia prison, Alexander Yates
- AddressFill out the street name in full and the number.
Ex.: Great Eastern Highway 15
- Additional info – OptionalHere you can add additional information.
Keep in mind that the courier doesn’t always take this info into consideration.
- ZipcodeAdd the zip code, please double check if it’s the right one.
Ex.: WA 6558
- Town/cityAdd the full name of the town or city.
- Phone numberAdd the phone number, change the area code if needed.
Ex.: +61 41 1645 992