How to ship clothes
Shipping clothes internationally or domestically is generally an easy task as most clothing items are not considered fragile. However, there are still things to watch out for when packing clothes for shipping, especially when you want the items to be delivered without creases and undamaged. For this reason, we have put together this neat and simple guide that will help you prepare your shipment and ensure a safe delivery. As Eurosender always collaborates with the most reliable shipping services, you can relax as your packages will always be in safe hands.
How to place an order for shipping clothes?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, insert the number of packages and their weight
You will immediately receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack clothes for shipping
When you are done with packing and a booking on our website has been made, your only task is to sit back and wait for the courier driver to come and pick up your parcel. Our team of experts will take over all additional tasks and arrange the shipping with the cheapest as well as the most reliable courier company.
Any shipment sent through Eurosender is automatically insured for the amount of up to 200€. We always recommend purchasing additional insurance options. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a small extra price.
If you want to be 100% sure that you have done everything the right way or if you simply need help with packing clothes or booking the service, do not hesitate to contact our customer service. Our friendly advisors will be happy to give you all the additional information you need.
How to ship clothes
If you have never shipped clothes before, here are some important tips to consider before you even book the shipping service:
- Measure your parcel and insert the dimensions in the Shipment Size Checker on our page. This way, you will immediately see which service is suitable for you. The system will also tell you if a tailored offer is needed.
- Always check whether you have to print and attach the shipping label yourself. If you want your parcel to be picked up in Sweden, Spain or Poland, but also if you book our “First possible pick-up time” service, printing the shipping label and sticking it to the box is your task. In all other cases, this is done by the courier collecting the shipments.
- If you have plans to leave the pick-up address in the near future, make sure you book the service at least 2 days prior to your departure. This way, you will be able to avoid any problems with the pick-up and ensure a smooth delivery process.
Proper clothing packaging is crucial in making sure that your clothes arrive at your chosen destination completely undamaged and without creases. If not packed properly, your favourite clothing items will crumple up while any loose bits such as buttons might damage the fabric. However, if you choose the right packaging materials and follow our instructions, you can minimize the risk of damage when shipping clothes internationally.
Check the size of your shipment
The materials you need when packing clothes for shipping are the following:
- A cardboard box– despite the fact that padded envelopes and mailing bags are considered by many as adequate clothing packaging, we suggest that you always use a sturdy cardboard box. This will ensure that your clothes are well protected during transit. You can get such boxes in stationery or hardware stores. Using old boxes is fine as long as they are in good condition, i.e. without dents and strong enough.
- Bubble wrap– for wrapping the clothes and ensuring additional protection, especially from water damage. Alternatively, you can also use a plastic bag or a padded envelope as the first layer of protection.
- Crumpled paper– can serve as extra padding while not adding too much weight to your package. It is also cheap.
- Adhesive tape– for sealing the package.
How to pack clothes for shipping
Knowing how to pack clothes properly is crucial if one wants to make sure the delivery runs as smoothly as possible. To protect clothing items in the best way possible, simply follow these guidelines:
- Fold the clothes. By folding the clothes efficiently, you will prevent them from looking crumpled upon delivery. Fold the clothes as flat as you can and in a shape that is easy to pack into a box.
- Secure any loose parts. Detachable belts such as zips, larger buttons or any other embellishments should be either removed before sending or secured. You can wrap them in bubble wrap or place them in a plastic bag. Pack them in a way that prevents them from knocking about inside the package and damaging other clothing items.
- Add extra padding.Once you have neatly folded the clothes, add another layer of protection.An ideal solution for this task is the humble bubble wrap that will help prevent water damage and also spare your wallet. However, you can also use plastic bags or a padded envelope.
- Put the wrapped clothing items into a box. When your clothes are neatly packed, you can add some extra padding to make your favorite T-Shirts and sweaters extra safe. Crumpled paper will suffice for this task.
- Check the box. After you have managed to neatly pack the clothes inside the package, you should make sure that the clothes can’t move inside the package. When tightly in place, the chances of them crumpling up are much lower. Shake the box a little to see if there is any movement. If you cannot sense anything, you have done a fine job.
- Seal the package and label it if needed. Apply tape across all seams on the top and bottom parts of the box to secure it. Additionally, you can also label the package with stickers saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, such warnings cannot guarantee that a package will be treated with special care, which is why they can never substitute the correct packaging methods and adequate protection.
The reasons for shipping clothes
There are many situations in which shipping clothes internationally using courier services is the best possible solution. To give you an overview of these, we contacted some of our past customers and they told us why they decided to ship their clothing items with us.
- Returning clothes. Some of our customers ordered a new piece of clothing online, only to find out upon delivery that the item they ordered was damaged or did not suit them. Having to send the clothes back, they decided to use our website to get the job done and were delighted with the efficiency of our system.
- Sending clothes to friends or family abroad. When an exchange student just has to have that special pullover to get through the harsh winter or when one just needs to send a nice gift to a friend or loved one, shipping services are a great idea. Along with this, Eurosender provides you with the cheapest way to send clothes abroad.
- Selling clothing online. Some of our customers wanted to get rid of some clothing items they did not need or simply chose to make some money by selling clothes online. When meeting the customer in person was not among suitable options, shipping clothes was the best alternative.
- Moving abroad. When planning to settle down in a foreign country, people need to be careful with the number of clothes that they want to take with them. Airline baggage fees are unbelievably high these days and the weight of clothes should never be underestimated. Many of our customers therefore simply wanted to avoid the hassle of carrying big heavy suitcases full of clothes around. They avoided this by simply shipping their clothes to their new home.
If you need additional information on how to pack and ship clothes, you can always turn to our shipping specialists. They will guide you through the process, provide you with useful tips and make sure your beloved clothing items or gifts for loved ones reach their destination safely and in time. Get in touch and find out more about the cheapest way to send clothes internationally.