How to ship cosmetics and toiletries internationally
For businesses looking to expand their cosmetics and makeup sales overseas, individuals shipping beauty products as gifts or shoppers buying toiletries online, Eurosender offers cheap and fast international deliveries. Get access to the best couriers at the best rates and tips on how to pack and ship cosmetics, toiletries, perfumes and makeup abroad.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS SELLING COSMETICS?
Are you a cosmetics manufacturer or retailer looking for the cheapest way to ship makeup products and perfumes across Europe and internationally? Or are you selling your handmade cosmetics, such as soap, skincare products, makeup items and want to send samples to social media influencers or to your customers?
HOW YOU CAN SHIP
Cosmetics shipping: delivery options to match any need
Depending on the size and time sensitivity of your cosmetics shipment, you can choose the best service to send makeup items, beauty products, and other cosmetics internationally.
PACK YOUR COSMETICS
How to pack cosmetics and makeup products for shipping?
Before mailing cosmetics domestically or overseas, package the goods properly to make sure the items will arrive safe and undamaged. We have prepared some general instructions on how to pack and ship cosmetics by courier:
- Make sure that your products are sealed and secure the lid with tape.
- Ship the lipstick, foundation, lotion, cleanser, perfume or any other toiletry product in their original packaging.
- Place any liquids in a leak-proof bag.
- Wrap each item in a thermal bubble wrap or foil, securing it with adhesive tape.
- Place the items in a box and add enough cushioning materials.
- Close and seal the box with tape and mark it as “fragile” when sending glass bottles.
Check how much does it cost to ship cosmetics abroad through Eurosender
Regulations on shipping cosmetics and beauty products in Europe and internationally
- Companies and individuals can legally ship non-flammable and non-hazardous cosmetics products, domestically and overseas.
- Companies that ship cosmetics as freight benefit from the CMR convention, which provides guaranteed insurance.
- If you are shipping beauty or makeup products as an individual, consider that liquids are not recommended for sending by mail or courier. In case you still decide to ship any of these items, we recommend you carefully pack liquid products for shipping since insurance is not applicable in this case.
- Cosmetics that include flammable substances or alcohol (e.g. nail polish, acetone, perfumes, colognes, aftershave products with alcohol) are not allowed for transportation within the EU and overseas unless properly packed and protected by licensed companies.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQs on shipping cosmetics, makeup and beauty products internationally
Can I ship cosmetics with every courier company?
It is important to note that not all courier companies will ship cosmetics internationally. For example, DHL, TNT and UPS will not ship packages containing certain cosmetic products. Each courier has specific rules and requirements for different shipments and services, so we recommend checking this further with the designated courier for your route. When booking Express or Regular plus shipping services, please make sure not to include these items as the courier will refuse to collect the parcel. If you need further assistance, you can reach us by chat, phone or email before shipping to discuss your options further.
What qualifies as cosmetics?
Cosmetics are any products used for personal care or to enhance or alter someone’s appearance. These include makeup products, hair dyes, face masks, lotions and many more products such as fragrances and perfumes. The majority of people use cosmetic products on a daily basis, and that is why so many people ship beauty products domestically and abroad as gifts for Valentine’s Day or Christmas presents.
Can I ship lipsticks, eyeshadows, foundations and lotions internationally?
Will makeup products melt in the mail? How to ship soap without melting?
How to pack and ship lipstick? Can I send a lipstick in an envelope?
To package a lipstick for shipping, you can follow the packing guide we prepared for you. You can use tissue paper instead of bubble wrap to let the lipstick ‘breathe’. Wrap it 4-6 times depending on the fragility of the item. If you are packing more than one item, wrap them separately in bubble wrap. Tape the bubble wrap so it won’t get loose or open.You can opt for sending lipsticks in padded envelopes as well, however, make sure to still book the package service as our envelope service is suited for paper documents only.
How can I ship eyeshadow palettes safely?
Can you send shampoo and conditioner in the mail?
Can I send a hairspray and deodorant through the mail?
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping cosmetics products in Europe or internationally. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship cosmetic products, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.