Moving Marble Slabs and Other Marble Items Internationally
Are you searching for the best option on how to import marble from Italy, China, or India to the UK, US, Australia, or any other country? Trust the logistics to Eurosender! Whether you want to ship marble tiles, countertops, or heavy marble slabs, by using our platform you will find the right shipping solution tailored to your needs. Get tips on how to properly pack marble for shipping and benefit from our experts’ advice.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Ship Marble as a Pro
Eurosender offers special benefits to its business clients. Register your company on our platform and take advantage of the unique features and options at your command. You will have your personal logistics dashboard where you can easily manage all your shipments. Bring your business performance to a new level with Eurosender.
The Best Solutions for Shipping Marble Abroad or Domestically
Depending on the size and time-sensitivity of your shipment, you can choose between different shipping options to match your needs:
How to pack marble slabs, tiles, or countertops for moving?
Depending on the form and size of your marble items, you will either need crates and pallets or A-frames.
If you are shipping rather thick marble slabs or tiles, you will need to use wooden crates to pack them in:
- Line the bottom, the sides, and the top of the crate with Styrofoam sheets.
- If applicable, bubble wrap marble slabs or tiles before putting them in the crate.
- Place marble items into the crate and close the crate with staples on the bottom and screws on the top.
- If needed, put a metal banding around the crate.
- Place the crate on a pallet and fix it well on it using shipping straps.
In case you plan moving marble countertops or similarly shaped marble slabs, the best option for transporting them would be to use A-frames:
- Wrap each marble countertop in several layers of bubble wrap.
- Place each item carefully on the A-frame. Remember that marble countertops must always be carried in a vertical position, as carrying them in a flat position can result in their damage.
- Attach the countertop firmly to the A-Frame with shipping straps.
- You can also cover your shipment with moving blankets to provide additional protection to it.
Get Instant Quotes for Shipping Marble Abroad or Domestically
FAQ on Shipping Marble Slabs Abroad and Domestically
I have a marble supplier in China. How can I import marble to the USA?
Whether you want to import marble from China, India, Italy, or any other country, you have to :
- find a suitable freight forwarder that will safely deliver your shipment from your supplier to the desired destination. Eurosender offers door-to-door delivery services with the most reliable international freight forwarders;
- arrange all the necessary shipping documentation to make sure that your imported marble successfully passes all customs clearance procedures.
Do I need any special permits or licenses to import marble from Italy or China?
How long will it take to transport marble slabs from Italy to the United Kingdom with Eurosender?
In case of shipping marble slabs abroad with Eurosender, will my shipment be insured?
Take into consideration these guidelines in case you plan to ship marble domestically or abroad with Eurosender. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship marble via our platform, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.