How to ship a bronze sculpture abroad
Sculptures and statues are delicate pieces of artwork that can decorate any site and make it look posh. However, shipping sculptures internationally and domestically might be challenging as clay, bronze, and marble statues are rather fragile. That is why we have prepared some guidelines on how to pack a clay statue for transportation and wrap other types of sculptures for shipping. Furthermore, Eurosender grants affordable shipping options for bronze statues, marble busts, and clay sculptures.
Check out affordable shipping options for bronze statues and clay sculptures
If you need to ship a bronze sculpture abroad or send a statue via courier services, then Eurosender is right there for you. We will offer affordable shipping options for bronze statues, clay sculptures, marble busts, and other types of artwork. We have established partnerships with trusted and reliable courier companies and freight forwarders all over Europe and worldwide. Thus, we can negotiate very good prices for our consumers who are shipping sculptures internationally. Before you place an order on our platform, you need to keep a few essential tips in mind.
- The packaging is crucial. The first thing you need to do is to pack a clay statue for transportation. You will have to do the same for other types of statues and sculptures made from different materials. You will find detailed packaging guidelines in the section below. Meanwhile, you can also check why it is important to properly pack fragile items for shipping.
- Measure your shipment. Depending on the size of your sculpture, you might need certain shipping services. However, you need to take the dimensions of your packed shipment first and insert them in the Shipment Size Checker. This tool will help you to define whether standard shipping services, pallet delivery, or an individual offer would be the most appropriate for shipping sculptures internationally.
- Book in advance. When you plan to ship a bronze sculpture abroad, it is very important to plan everything properly. Thus, we recommend placing an order at least 2 business days before the intended pick-up date.
- Indicate correct address and telephone numbers. When you fill out the order form, you have to provide correct pick-up and destination addresses, especially when you ship to auction houses or residential areas. That way, no confusion arises during parcel collection or delivery. The same goes for phone numbers as a courier driver might sometimes dial consignors and consignees for clarifications.
- Check whether insurance is applied. Most courier companies keep artwork objects on the list of restricted items which are shipped at the sole responsibility of consumers. It means that any damages occurred during transit would not be compensated by insurance coverage.
For more information concerning shipping sculptures internationally or domestically, feel free to contact our team of logistics experts.
Packaging materials needed to prepare sculptures for shipping
Whether you want to send small statues or large sculptures to the place of destination, you will have to take some packaging materials for wrapping and protecting your pieces of artwork.
- Cardboard box – you need to find cardboard boxes for statues and sculptures of smaller size. You can buy new or used cardboard boxes at stationery or a local supermarket. Before purchasing those, you need to verify whether a cardboard box is sturdy enough.
- Wooden crate – you will have to take wooden crates for larger and heavier statues with a greater surface area.
- Bubble wrap – it serves as a reliable packaging and cushioning material when protecting such delicate items as statues, figurines, and sculptures.
- Cushioning materials – you can take packing peanuts, shredded paper or any cushioning materials of your choice to cushion the bottom of the box.
- Packing tape – it is used to secure packaging materials.
How to pack a clay statue for transportation
Whether you need to wrap a clay statue, bronze sculpture, or marble bust, you have to be extra careful and attentive when packing any of these for transportation. We suggest following some basic guidelines when preparing statues and sculptures for shipping.
- Wrap sculptures. You will need to take plenty of bubble wrap to cover the statues entirely. Wrap every part with bubble wrap and secure all seams with packing tape.
- Prepare a box or crate. You have to choose a box or crate of the corresponding size (a bit bigger than your statue or sculpture). Fill the bottom of the box with packing peanuts, shredded paper or any other cushioning material of your choice.
- Pack a statue. Nest your wrapped statue or sculpture inside the box or create and fill any voids with cushioning materials. As a result, your statue should not shift around the box.
- Double box. It is highly recommended to use a double-box technique for packing fragile items. Therefore, you have to seal a smaller box and nest it inside a slightly bigger one. Afterwards, seal a larger box and secure all seams with packing tape.
Shipping sculptures internationally with Eurosender
We constantly receive orders for shipping delicate and fragile items, including sculptures and statues. Some of our consumers decide to ship a bronze sculpture abroad, while others prefer to send clay statues and figurines via courier. Therefore, we have rich experience in shipping such items safely. Here are some benefits and advantages of shipping sculptures internationally and domestically through booking services on the Eurosender platform.
- Door-to-door shipping services. We at Eurosender grant this service for customers because we recognize that saving time and effort is priceless. Exceptional convenience is supported by affordable shipping options for bronze statues, clay sculptures, and other fragile artwork pieces.
- Estimated delivery date. You can check the approximate delivery date with high accuracy rates by using our convenient online tool.
- Shipment tracking is available from the moment of shipment collection until its delivery. Anyone who books shipping services via the Eurosender platform will be able to use a parcel tracking tool online.
- Holistic support and order customization. We have a professional team of logistics experts and customer support agents who are always ready to answer your questions, respond to your queries, and assist you at any stage of cooperation with Eurosender. They would be also glad to share more tips on how to pack and ship sculptures.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping sculptures. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship sculptures, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.