Moving to Saudi Arabia: Thing to know before immigrating to Saudi Arabia
Things to know about living in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Riyal, SR/SAR
999 (police), 997 (ambulance), 998 (firefighters)
On the right side
The cost of moving to Saudi Arabia | International removals to Saudi Arabia
With so many changes when moving to Saudi Arabia, your personal belongings and furniture can help you feel like home in your new house or apartment. With Eurosender, you can be sure that your international removal to Saudi Arabia will be done with care.
Visa regulations: immigration to Saudi Arabia
Citizens of the EU, Australia, Canada, the UK, the USA and some other countries need to obtain a visa for Saudi Arabia online or upon arrival. The visa is valid for 90 days. Visa exemption applies to holders of diplomatic and official passports of France. You don’t need a visa for Saudi Arabia and can simply use your use national ID Card, if you are immigrating to Saudi Arabia from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman or the United Arab Emirates.
Property information. Rentals in Saudi Arabia
It has only been possible for several years for foreign nationals to buy real estate in Saudi Arabia. As a result, most expats rent apartments in Saudi Arabia in so-called compounds, where only foreigners live.
The only downside of renting an apartment in the Saudi market is that the prices are exorbitant. The cost of living in a one-bedroom apartment ranges from €650 per month to €1,400 per month. If you are moving to Saudi Arabia with your family then a 3-bedroom apartment rental can range from €1,200 to €2,500 per month.
Get a quote for relocation to Saudi Arabia
People trust our expertise
LIVING IN SAUDI ARABIA
The cost of living in Saudi Arabia
The cost of living in Saudi Arabia is comparable with other countries in the Middle-East, which is quite high. Most expats in Saudi Arabia, have excellent employment agreements, that usually include housing, schooling for children, healthcare insurance and a budget for relocation. Of course, the cost of living in Riyadh will be higher, compared to house prices in other Saudi Arabia cities. Still, you can save cost on food in Saudi Arabia and buy local products instead of imported goods, which are way more expensive.
Do you need to send documents urgently to Saudi Arabia to help secure a place to stay before moving?
Eurosender offers fast envelope delivery with our Express delivery service.
Job market in Saudi Arabia
With 10 million expats already making a living in Saudi Arabia, you have a strong chance to find a job.
- Areas such as IT, engineering, medicine, and finance are in demand on the job market in Saudi Arabia. You can also expect an attractive salary when you are a teacher or a professor at one of the schools or universities in the Desert Kingdom.
- If you are moving to Saudi Arabia for work, keep in mind that you need a work permit to legally work in Saudi Arabia.
- One of the wonderful things about working in Saudi Arabia is that you don’t have to pay income taxes about your salary.
Saudi Arabia education system
If you are moving to Saudi Arabia with your family, it is vital to learn more about the education system in the country. The school system in Saudi Arabia can be divided into four parts.
After finishing secondary education, students can go on to study at universities and vocational education. Education, which is number two in the budget of Saudi Arabia, is free for every citizen of the country.
Healthcare in Saudi Arabia
Public healthcare is of exceptional quality and free for all Saudi citizens. However, this doesn’t apply to the 10 million expats working in Saudi Arabia.
For foreigners, it is obligatory to take out private healthcare insurance in Saudi Arabia, which is a pricey thing. On the other hand, you can expect great healthcare and practically no waiting lists. As most of the doctors in the hospitals are also foreigners, you can do most of the communication in English.
Driving in Saudi Arabia: Should I get a driving licence?
Recently the Saudi government has lifted the ban on driving for women. Now all Saudi citizens aged 18 or older can obtain a driving licence.
- To drive as a foreigner in Saudi Arabia, you need your driving licence and an International Driving Permit (IDP). Also, you need to have your passport, car insurance documents and licence registration with you at all times.
- There is a system of speed cameras. When you are fined, you receive a text message on your mobile phone. Be careful not to exceed the speed limit while driving in Saudi Arabia as the fines are quite expensive.
- Driving in Saudi Arabia is stressful and dangerous due to the chaotic traffic and aggressive drivers.
What else to expect when living in Saudi Arabia
With more than 10 million foreigners working and living in Saudi Arabia, the country has one of the biggest expat economies on the planet. When you are moving to Saudi Arabia from the Western countries, there is a lot you have to adapt to. Look at the most important things you need to know before relocating to Saudi Arabia:
- It is not allowed to import or consume alcohol and pork in Saudi Arabia.
- Shops and all businesses shut down five times a day for prayers.
- Saudi Arabia is a segregated country, meaning that for example in a restaurant or cafe, there is a section for families and a section for single men.
- The heat in Saudi Arabia is immense, and the soaring temperatures can reach more than 50 degrees Celsius easily.
- There is no freedom of religion in Saudi Arabia. Islam is the national religion of the country, and the laws and regulations reflect this.
Relocate to Saudi Arabia with Eurosender
People trust our expertise
The most popular destinations from where people immigrate to Saudi Arabia
Moving to Saudi Arabia from the UK
Many expats moving to Saudi Arabia from the UK turn to Eurosender and get the best shipping solution. Trusted by many expats worldwide, our vast logistics network means you will be matched with the right service at the best price available.
Moving to Saudi Arabia from the USA
If you want to reduce the cost of moving to Saudi Arabia from the USA, get a shipping quote from us and enjoy the professional and stress-free service for international removals to Saudi Arabia.
Moving to Saudi Arabia from Canada
Whether you are moving to Riyadh or any other city in Saudi Arabia from Canada, our logistics platform will help you to immigrate and start a new life in Saudi Arabia with the best logistics experience.