What are the global logistics barriers?
In such a globalized world, it is impossible to imagine an economy without the presence of logistics. But do not think that moving objects and goods around the globe is an easy task, as the logistics sector faces constant challenges and adversities.
The logistics industry consists of a vast network of contacts, organization and technology. Thus, while it is indispensable, it is also complicated, bureaucratic and competitive. Below we list 3 of the leading global logistics challenges:
|Everchanging customers’ needs||Delivery time||Security|
|Customized orders are seen both as logistics problems and solutions. A solution for the customers and a present challenge for the industry; as this industry requires more resources, such as financing, staffing and time, to keep up with the constant customer demands.||It is one of the key challenges facing logistics today. With an extensive network of shipments and deliveries, any flaw that occurs in any region can directly affect the delivery time of the orders.||For the shipment to reach its final destination, many people are involved in the shipping and transportation process. Unless everyone involved does their due diligence, security may become a problem.|
How does Eurosender help businesses to overcome logistics challenges?
Eurosender offers a complete platform with individual logistics solutions tailored to your needs which is the perfect way to improve your logistics process efficiency. With our platform you:
- Have access to comprehensive logistics solutions;
- Have greater control and lower costs with your shipments;
- Customized solutions for shipments with complex requirements;
- End-to-end support by highly trained logistics experts.
Despite the global logistics barriers, Eurosender manages to circumvent them and offer a safe, cheap, on-time and exclusively dedicated service. Our broad portfolio of services guarantees you the best transportation options at the lowest rates for any occasion. Allow us to help you improve the logistics processes and increase the profitability of your business by offering you:
|Ever-changing customers needs||Delivery time||Security|
|At Eurosender, we work with customized orders to offer the best solution to our customers. But for us, this is not a challenge. We have a team of logistics experts working closely with each case in more than 15 languages.||Our FTL (Full Truck Load) and Van Delivery services are fully dedicated to your needs, with direct routes and short transit times. Also, our platform allows you to estimate the delivery time before booking the service. After collection, you will be provided with a tracking number so you can track your delivery.||Safety is a priority, so we only work with the most reliable couriers. Besides, our FTL and Van Delivery services have no stopover and further ensures the safety of your goods. Our experts also offer assistance throughout the transportation process.|
Do you want to know more about how can Eurosender improve your logistics process efficiency?
Key issues and challenges associated with logistics:
- Fuel costs: Transportation problems are a significant issue in the logistics industry. The companies are striving to provide low cost and high-quality service in this competitive market but are often caught facing the rise in fuel costs. This affects the final price of their service to the public directly and causes a decrease in their demand.
- Business process improvement: For having a leading business, the business process must be continuously updated. Business processes that are not improved cause losses of productivity and efficiency.
- Customer service: It’s a critical part of defining if the customer will reuse your service or not. And also, one of the leading complaints of customers of this segment. Customers want full transparency about their shipment all the time and are not aware of the problems carriers faces.
- Economy: The logistics industry depends directly on the state of the economy, which makes it often unstable. As the world economy is connected, any harmful interference in any part of the world will directly affect the logistics sector.
- Strikes: The logistics industry is one of the leading on having employees strikes, which cause a delay in the order’s delivery and dissatisfaction of the clients.
- Compliance with regulations: The regulations vary according to the territory and means of transport, and they are frequently updated. These variations make it difficult for companies to comply and follow the constant updates and often reach a third party to manage the required documentation.
- Logistics management: It is associated with complete control of actions in the logistics industry: a complex process that demands tracking, multi-unit communications, timely decisions and synchronization of units and departments. These demands must be continuously improved in order for your company to provide quality service and have a competitive advantage.
How to overcome the key issues and logistics challenges?
While the global logistics challenges mentioned above configure a large part of what the consumer sees, the reality of logistics encompasses several other daily challenges. To overcome them, it is necessary to have an advanced, articulated and organized logistics network. Companies can as well choose to outsource with Eurosender and have access to the best-integrated logistics. In this way, your company can focus on other essential activities, while Eurosender provides high-quality logistics service.
How to improve logistics to increase profitability?
Overcoming the key issues and challenges of logistics will directly impact the profitability of the company. Therefore, by improving the logistics process efficiency the profitability will also increase.
To improve your logistics process, even more, the company must work on the external aspects as well:
|Develop relationships with carriers||Usage of own freight service|
|It can give you access to lower rates, a more efficient network and potentially better service.||Be in the shoes of the customer and evaluate your own experience with your service. This is the best way to understand what needs to be improved from the customer perspective.|
How to improve logistics efficiency:
- Reduction of transport costs: For better optimization of costs, invest in different types of transport and optimal routes. Having a variety of transport ways may guarantee that you will provide your customers with their need at the lower price and shortest time. These are forms of how to improve logistics to increase profitability for your business.
- Usage of logistics software: In this segment, the amount of information received can be a logistics challenge. All the accompanying shipment information requires a lot of attention and organization. That’s being said, you must use logistics software to provide you with less complex shipping processes!
- Automation in logistics processes: The automation of our operations substantially increases the efficiency of your workflow and decrease the bottleneck time. As a consequence, you will benefit from better company performance and reduce the overall transportation costs.
- Automated task assignment: Automated task assignment is used to avoid that eventually some task will be forgotten and ensure a good flow of service. Its usage also makes it more comfortable to track and fix the reason why the task wasn’t complete in the deadline.
- Workshops: A logistics company includes many sectors (CS, Sales, operations, marketing …) with each of them having a key role in the organization. Having knowledge of the activities performed by other sectors can prevent mistakes and confrontations between departments. That’s being said, a company should not compromise when it comes to investing in workshops about different sectors in the company. This is a crucial resource to improve logistics efficiency.
- Value relations: The team is a vital part of the process of logistics, so they must be competent and satisfied with their job. Investing in activities to narrow the bonds of the employees and increase their emotional intelligence can have an incredible effect on the performance of the company.
- Outsourcing: By outsourcing logistics, the company decrease the liabilities, focus on critical operations and ensure a better experience for the customer. But for that, makes sure to outsource with a reliable company as Eurosender.
If you are still wondering how can we improve your business processes, do not hesitate to contact our experts at email@example.com