European bus luggage policy
Even when traveling by bus you can not always take everything you want on board. It all depends on the bus luggage policy. So shipping your items instead of carrying them with you can be a better option.
By choosing Eurosender’s digital platform to book courier services you get the most out of your money. We cooperate only with the most reliable courier service providers, who perform the delivery for you. This way, your belongings are always in good hands.
You can ship bikes, sports equipment, musical instruments, suitcases and more. Use our booking engine below to check the shipping prices.
How to place an order with Eurosender?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to prepare your items for shipping.
FlixBus luggage policy
FlixBus is the largest long-distance bus company in Europe, connecting more than 1700 destinations in 29 countries. More than 1000 employees take care of the passengers traveling to Munich, Berlin, Paris, Milan, Zagreb, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Aarhus, Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Madrid and Warsaw. In 2018 FlixBus expanded also to the US.
Everything you need to know about the luggage allowance with Flixbus, on our dedicated page.
Megabus luggage policy
Budget intercity coach operator in North America and the UK links over 90 locations and their modern coaches carry more than 5 million passengers a year.
What is Megabus luggage policy?
- You can have a bag (or more bags), that does not weigh more than 20kg and the maximum size of a single bag (or all smaller bags together) does not exceed 200cm (width + height + depth).
- Along with this, you can also take a piece of small hand luggage on board with you.
If you’re travelling between Glasgow and London, you may be charged £5 per piece for excess baggage. According to the bus luggage policy, the fee may vary depending on the route and time of travel.
According to the bus luggage policy, normal adult bicycles are unlikely to meet the luggage requirements and cannot be carried on Megabus’ coaches while folding or small children’s bicycles can. Of course, if they meet Megabus luggage requirements.
You may be able to bring your skis/snowboards provided they are in suitable protective packaging and meet the requirements of Megabus luggage policy.
What if my baggage does not meet the requirements?
It’s simple! You can choose an alternative option and ship luggage, bike, sports equipment or musical instrument with Eurosender. Every shipment has basic insurance of up to 200€ coverage and you can also upgrade it. Tracking tools are also available so you always know where your shipment is.
Eurolines luggage policy
Europe’s largest network of intercity bus services connects more than 600 destinations in Europe and Marocco. A group of independent coach companies transport 3,5 million passengers per year.
How much luggage can I carry with me?
It depends on the destination, but usually, two pieces of baggage (up to 30 or 35kg) are allowed to take on board of Eurolines coaches. For extra luggage, a fee of 10€ is added to the initial ticket price or 1,5€ per extra kilo of baggage.
Eurolines baggage allowance and fees for some of their destinations
|Destination||No. of baggage included in price||Fee for additional baggage|
|Austria||2 maximum of 35kg||10€; depending on departures 1,5€ per extra kilo|
|Bosnia||2 maximum of 30kg||10€|
|Bulgaria||1 maximum of 30kg||2nd item 5€; 3rd item 25€|
|Czech Republic||2 maximum of 30kg||10€|
|Croatia||Zagreb as destination: 2 maximum of 35kg; other destinations 2€ per item||10€|
|Poland||2 maximum of 30kg||10€|
|Romania||2 maximum of 30kg||1,5€ per extra kilo|
|Serbia||-||2€ per item of baggage from the first item, maximum of 2 items|
|Slovakia||2 maximum of 30kg||10€|
|Switzerland||2 maximum of 35kg||1,5€ per extra kilo|
The alternative is Eurosender!
Instead of carrying your excess baggage around when traveling from city to city by bus, you can ship it and rest explore Europe handsfree. Use our simple platform to book a reliable courier service at affordable rates. You will get a door-to-door delivery of your items to more than 30 destinations in Europe. Also, every shipment is insured for up to 200€ and additional insurance is also possible.
National Express luggage policy
The main UK bus company operates transportation services in eight countries. The group includes also ALSA, the leading bus and coach company in Spain, offering services across Spain, Switzerland, and Marocco.
What is National Express luggage allowance?
According to bus luggage policy when traveling in the UK you may take:
- One piece of soft hand luggage (45cm x 35cm x 20cm and max weight 10kg) on board.
- Up to two medium cases (70cm x 30cm x 45cm) each with a max weight of 20kg OR one large item that has max. dimensions of 75cm x 50cm x 32cm with a max. weight 20kg.
Over-sized, special items or excess items are subject to additional charges. Additional luggage allowance can be purchased online, in advance of travel or will on the day of travel from customer service or our driver.
When travelling across Europe you are entitled:
- For bus services to/from Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris: two items of luggage in the hold. The overall dimensions must not exceed 200cm in total. The combined weight of both items must not be more than 20kg. Two items of hand luggage.
Fully collapsible wheelchairs and fully collapsible pushchairs may be stowed free of charge in the hold.
- For other European services: one medium-sized suitcase or rucksack and one small piece of soft hand luggage per person travelling, free of charge.
One piece of luggage must not exceed 20kg, with maximum dimensions of 70cm x 30cm x 45cm. Items of luggage in excess of 20kg will be charged.
Extra luggage charges:
- One item single journey £8
- Three items single journey £16
- One item return journey £12
- Three items return journey £24
Ouibus luggage policy
One of the largest bus companies in France is operating over 180 routes in France and internationally.
What is the Ouibus baggage allowance?
You can take suitcases, bags, winter and summer sports equipment, folding bike, golf equipment and musical instruments on board Ouibus vehicles. What else does their bus luggage policy state:
- You can take hand luggage with personal belongings on the bus.
- In the hold of Ouibus you can stow the luggage, which does not exceed the sum of the height, width, and depth of 200cm and weight of 20kg.
Collapsible pushchairs are stored in the hold free of charge and do not count as luggage items.
- For the Paris-London and London-Paris lines, only 1 checked baggage may be registered.
What is the Nomago luggage allowance?
The Nomago bus luggage policy states that:
- Hand luggage can weigh up to 10 kg and has max dimensions of 42cm x 30cm x 18cm. items are to be stored above or under the seat, they cannot take in another seat. Carry-on luggage is free of charge.
- Checked baggage can weigh max 20 and cannot be larger than 80cm x 50cm x 30cm (eg. suitcases, bags, baskets, boxes, buggies, chairs and musical instruments). In case of a special item, the maximum length can be 160 cm.
- Only small animals are allowed and service animals. The transport of other animals can’t be guaranteed.
- In any case, the driver is allowed to deny luggage items from transportation.
Bicycle policy states that:
- If the vehicle is equipped with a bicycle rack or there is enough space in the storage area (the personal luggage of other passengers is given priority).
- If the bicycle is suitably packed in a suitcase, bag, or box.
- If the bicycle is not dirty and does not pose a risk of dirtying another baggage.
- Bicycles should be of standard dimensions and without attachments, and cannot exceed the weight of 25kg. Tandem bicycles or tricks will not be transported.
Perhaps consider shipping your bike, check out the dedicated ‘Pack and ship a bike‘ page for more information!
What else can I do with my extra luggage?
Well, you can ship it with one of the most reliable courier service providers in the industry. Choose Eurosender to help you organize your delivery and select the appropriate service for your shipping needs.
Information regarding the bus luggage allowance is based on data collected from the companies’ web pages on 4/10/2018. Nomago bus policy was added 13/02/2019.