Flixbus luggage allowance restrictions in 2020 and how to avoid them?
In this article, we will cover the FlixBus luggage allowance rules: what you can take, what you can’t take, how much it costs and FlixBus alternatives. FlixBus is the largest long-distance bus company in Europe, connecting more than 1700 destinations in 29 countries. More than 1000 employees take care of the passengers traveling to Munich, Berlin, Paris, Milan, Zagreb, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Aarhus, Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Madrid, and Warsaw. In 2018 FlixBus expanded also to the US.
Even when traveling with FlixBus, you cannot always take everything you want on board. It all depends on the FlixBus luggage allowance. Shipping your items instead of carrying them with you can be a better option. Think of items that weigh over 20kg or sports equipment like a bike, hockey equipment or a surfboard. Don’t bother yourself with the hassle of carrying these things around from the bus to the airport or to your final destination. Book a courier with Eurosender to ship your luggage up front.
Make it yourself easy and book a courier as a Flixbus alternative
What if your luggage exceeds these dimensions or weight? The costs can significantly increase if you have many items that you want to take with you. The fees for extra-baggage, for oversized or overweight baggage, can add up quickly and turn a cheap trip into quite an expensive one. Eurosender provides a luggage service as a FlixBus alternative by offering access to affordable shipping services. You will save the time by avoiding the hassle of carrying your luggage around and keep your travel costs low.
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping
By following these steps and filling out all information, Eurosender can find you the best courier for shipping your luggage ahead as a FlixBus alternative. Fast and reliable! Do you already have a particular question on shipping with Eurosender or questions in general? Please click on the following link and speak to one of our agents.
Before you start shipping your luggage to your final destination, please check:
- The dimensions of your parcel by using our dimension-checker. Is your parcel too big or are you sending multiple? Then we recommend you request an individual offer.
- The list with prohibited items to ship.
- Avoid stress and ship at least two working days in advance.
Check your parcel's dimensions
Let us help you even more:
Flixbus luggage policy
According to FlixBus luggage policy, the ticket includes the free transportation of:
- One item of hand luggage of 42 x 30 x 18 cm and a maximum weight of 7 kg.
- One travel bag (max. 80 x 50 x 30 cm (31.5 x 19.7 x 11.9 in), some deviations in dimensions are allowed but max. size of all sides is still 160 cm (63.0 in) and a maximum weight of 20kg (44.1 lbs).
- If you want to transport a second travel bag, which do not exceed the dimensions above, a 4€ fee will be added if you make it at the same time of your booking or a 6€ fee if you do it after
Special items, such as sports equipment or musical instruments have different limitations, which cannot exceed total dimensions (height in cm + width in cm + depth in cm) of 240 cm (94.5 in) and a weight of 30 kg (66.1 lbs), and must be booked in advance. Only one special piece of luggage may be taken on board per person and the cost is 9€. Musical instruments smaller than the stipulated size of hand baggage may be carried free of charge instead of the piece of hand baggage but please note that those instruments larger than 135 x 48 cm x 35cm will not be conveyed not even in the baggage compartment.
You can also take on board standardly sized bicycles with a maximum weight of 25 kg.
The FlixBus luggage policy also states that strollers, wheelchairs and walking aids are transported on some of the buses for free.
Looking for additional information on bus policies or do you want to know about the luggage policy of FlixBus alternatives like Megabus and Go Opti? Click on the following buttons to get informed.
Why use Eurosender to ship luggage
- You with basic insurance (up to 200€) without extra charge. Extra insurance can be purchased at a very low price.
- Door-to-door services, no need to leave the comfort of your own house.
- The best prices for our customers.
- The most reliable logistics companies, because we believe that “safety comes first”.
- You with a tracking number for your shipment. In this way, you will know where it is located.
- You with top-notch customer service for all your questions.
Have we missed anything, do you still have questions about the Flixbus luggage allowance or do you have questions for us in general? Then click following button and contact one of our agents in more than 15 languages!
Bus lines reserve the right to change policies at any times. Therefore, this information is subject to change and is based on data collected on Flixbus website on 16/01/2020.