What I need to know about the Megabus luggage policy in 2020
Megabus is a budget intercity coach operator in North America and the UK links over 90 locations and their modern coaches carry more than 5 million passengers a year. In 2016 Megabus Europe was acquired by Flixbus and through their combined European network, they can now offer more than 300,000 daily connections to over 2,000 destinations throughout Europe.
Even when traveling by bus, you cannot always take everything you want on board. It all depends on the bus luggage policy. Shipping your items instead of carrying them with you can be a better option. Think of those items that weigh over 20kg or sports equipment like a bike, golf clubs or scuba equipment. Don’t bother yourself with the hassle of carrying these things around from the bus to the airport or to your final destination. Book a courier with Eurosender to ship your luggage up front.
Megabus luggage allowance
What is Megabus luggage policy:
- You can have a bag that does not weigh more than 20kg and whose dimensions do not exceed 200cm (width + height + depth). Alternatively, passengers can carry up to 3 pieces as long as the combined size and weight of all of them don’t exceed the limitations stated before
- Along with this, you can also take a piece of small hand luggage on board with you.
According to the bus luggage policy, excess baggage fee may vary depending on the route and time of travel, with a standard price of £10 per piece and journey.
Regarding sports equipment, normal adult bicycles are unlikely to meet the luggage requirements and cannot be carried on Megabus’ coaches, while folding or small children’s bicycles usually are allowed. Skis/snowboards in a suitable protective packaging not larger nor heavier than a standard bag can be transported in the baggage compartment.
Finally, animals are not permitted on any Megabus services, except for trained assistance dogs. They must always be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the owner, and travel free of charge.
Let us help you even more:
Make it easy on yourself and book a courier upfront
But what if the luggage you want to bring exceeds these dimensions or weight? The costs rise with every item that you want to take with you. The fees for extra-baggage, for oversized or overweight baggage, can add up quickly and turn a cheap trip into quite an expensive one, and we don’t even mention the sore muscles and frustration …
Eurosender provides an alternative by offering access to affordable shipping services. You will save the time by avoiding the hassle of carrying your luggage around and keep your travel costs low.
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping
By following these steps and filling out all information about the parcel or item you want to ship, Eurosender can find you the best courier for shipping your luggage ahead so you don’t have to occupy yourself with it. Fast and reliable! You can trust us since we’ve decided to work only with Europe’s biggest couriers like DHL, GLS, DPD, etc. Do you already have a particular question on shipping with Eurosender or questions in general? Please follow the following link and speak to one of our agents.
Before you start shipping your luggage to your final destination, please check:
- Avoid stress and ship at least two days in advance.
- The dimensions of your parcel by using our dimension tool. We recommend you request an individual offer when your parcel is too big or when you are sending multiple?
- The list with prohibited items to ship.
Check the dimensions of your parcel
Want to know more about other bus companies or general bus policies? Click on the following buttons to get informed!
Why use Eurosender to ship luggage?
- The most reliable logistics companies, because we believe that “safety comes first”.
- You with a tracking number for your shipment. In this way, you will know where it is located.
- You with top-notch customer service for all your questions.
- You with basic insurance (up to 200€) without extra charge. Extra insurance can be purchased at a very low price.
- Door-to-door services, no need to leave the comfort of your own house.
- The best prices for our customers.
Have we missed anything, do you still have questions about the Megabus luggage policy or do you have questions for us in general? Then click following button and contact one of our agents in more than 15 languages!
Bus lines reserve the right to change policies at any times. Therefore, this information is subject to change and is based on data collected on Megabus website on 17/01/2020.