Shipping a bike to Europe or internationally | Packaging tips
Sending your bike by courier is the best solution for transporting your equipment when moving, travelling or selling online. Profit from our knowledge and experience in logistics and find the cheapest way to ship a bike in Europe or internationally with Eurosender. Let us help you organise the safest bike or biking accessories shipping overseas and check our tips on how to properly pack your bicycle for shipping.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
What to know before shipping a bike internationally?
- Pack your bike, measure its dimensions and find out what is the right shipping service for it. The cheapest way to ship a bike is by dismounting it, as many bicycles can fit the dimensions for the Standard Service.
- Verify if you need to print and attach the shipping label to your parcel. Such information will be sent to you via e-mail.
- Book your shipment in advance to avoid any inconvenience and make sure someone is present at delivery and pick-up locations.
How to ship a bike in a package?
Discover the available package shipping options below.
HOW TO PACK
How to pack a bike for shipping it in a package
Follow these simple steps to send a dismounted bike safely:
1. Disassemble the bike by taking apart the wheels, handlebars, pedals and saddle.
2. Pack each part separately by wrapping them with bubble wrap and securing them with tape. The bolts should be put into plastic pouches so they do not get lost during transit.
3. Carefully place the parts into a cardboard box previously lined with cushioning materials. Use a string to tie the items together and add more cushioning materials to make sure everything is immovable.
4. Use tape to seal the box and reinforce the corners and edges.
Free insurance with every shipment!
Each shipment booked through Eurosender is covered by basic insurance, included in the price. For the best protection for your items, we have great low-prices for additional insurance – available to purchase during booking.
invoice since it serves as proof of the item’s value.
How to ship a bigger load of bikes by courier?
HOW TO PACK
How to pack multiple bikes for shipping on a pallet
When you need to transport multiple bikes, it is advisable to use their original box for shipping on a pallet. Follow these simple instructions to properly pack the bikes for shipping on pallets.
- Choose a pallet in good condition. Place paper liners or cardboard on top of the pallet.
- Prepare the bike in its original box and lay horizontally for the most stability.
- Place cardboard liners between each bike for protection.
- Stack evenly, do not exceed the pallet dimensions.
- Use pallet cables and plastic wrap to secure the load and tie at the base.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their
permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Transport bikes in Europe with a dedicated van
Transport bikes and more across Europe with a dedicated van. The Van Delivery Service is perfect if you are looking for a fast and affordable way to move multiple bikes and other belongings since the transport is direct, with no stopovers. Get an instant price for van delivery to transport your bikes in Europe on our booking tool.
Important: While packing is not always required for van shipments, we recommend packing your bikes well and considering using bicycle racks and clips for additional protection during transit.