How to set up shipping for small businesses, start-ups and SMEs
Having strategic and optimised logistics is crucial for the success of any business, especially at the beginning. Discover how to organise logistics for your online store and how to set-up shipping for your SME or e-commerce start-up in a breeze. Begin your journey with a trusted network of logistics providers and a team of experts by your side. At Eurosender, we offer a simple solution to arrange international deliveries for your start-up or online small business and start growing.
READY TO START?
Follow our guide to set up logistics for e-commerce and start shipping right away. Teaming up with an online logistics platform is one of the best and easiest ways for arranging shipping for online shops.
- See all current and past orders on one single platform
- Save shipping addresses or methods to speed up the booking process
- Choose between different invoicing options for simplified finances
- Have a dedicated account manager to give you support at any time
Register and request access to our new API
Join Eurosender now
How to set up logistics for a start-up business or online store
If you want to know how to organise logistics for a starting online store or e-commerce site, you will first have to take a look at your business needs. To arrange international deliveries for your small business or start-up, you will have to take into account the basic characteristics of your business:
- Shipping volume: how often will you be making deliveries?
- Shipping range: Will you be offering international shipping or only domestic?
- Type of goods: what is the size and weight of your products? Do they need special transport conditions?
What do you need to consider when setting up logistics for a small or medium business?
- Deliveries from the supplier: if you are getting products or supplies from another business, domestically or abroad, you will have to factor these delivery costs in your general budget, as well as the delivery times.
- Warehousing: depending on the size and volume of your products, they may need to be stored and kept in warehouses. Setting up an efficient distribution network from the warehouse to your clients plays an important part when managing shipping solutions for an online store or SME.
- Shipping to your clients: you can decide to offer door-to-door shipping or get your parcels shipped to a business address or post office.
- Customs, taxes and duties: when arranging international deliveries for your start-up or small business you have to consider customs duties, VAT and other import and export taxes that may be applicable.
What do I need to organise my own logistics operations?
No matter if you are a one-person operation or a team, small businesses and e-commerce sites work best when everyone is pulling their weight. Teaming up with someone who understands logistics can be the key to managing all your shipments and deliveries in an efficient way.
Fast and efficient platform to support the operations
When you organise your own logistics processes, you will need a platform to arrange and oversee your operations. A good software will help you oversee all your orders and deliveries and present all the relevant information in a clear and understandable manner.
Set-up your e-commerce goals and create the logistics strategy around them. Defining a goal number of sessions or sales can help motivate and guide your team and can help you decide how to set-up your e-commerce shipping. Furthermore, you can decide to expand your logistics network when reaching specific milestones.
How to set-up shipping for e-commerce and online stores: 5-step guide
Choose the pricing option: you can calculate a flat rate shipping price for all your deliveries. How? Get average pricing by introducing the details of your shipments in our booking tool. You can also offer weight-based shipping, with a different price for each item.
The best partner for managing shipping for an online SME
Vetted logistics providers
NEED MORE INFORMATION?