Types of shipping for e-commerce sites
There are many types of shipping for e-commerce sites and marketplaces, and finding the best shipping mode for your small shop is the key to ensure you get your desired results for every sale. At Eurosender, you will get everything you need to scale up your logistics operations in one single place. We offer multiple logistics solutions to serve all different types of shipping requirements for e-commerce. Get a quote and start shipping!
HAVE AN ORDER ALREADY?
Get an instant price for your online shop delivery
What is the best shipping option for online shops?
Many online businesses combine different types of shipping for their online shops to get the optimal solution. If you want to know how to choose the best delivery method for shipping online, you first have to be sure of your options.
Some of the most popular types of shipping for e-commerce sites:
- Pick-up at store: ship your products to a physical location and have your customers retrieve their items within established business hours.
- Ship from store: use the storage and fulfilment capacities of your physical locations to fulfil online orders.
- DC shipping: ship your goods from the business address to a distribution centre, from which they will be sent to the customer.
- Dropshipping: the seller does not have any stock: when a customer buys something, the item is purchased from a third party and sent directly to them.
- Local deliveries: set up urgent deliveries for your small shop with same-day delivery or next-day delivery for customers in your closest range.
- Door to door: get your products collected from your home or business address and have them delivered directly to your customer’s address. This one of the more straightforward shipping methods for starting businesses.
- Flat rate shipping: one pricing option for all deliveries, regardless of size.
What delivery method should I offer in my small shop?
The best delivery method for your small shop will be the one that allows you to reach the most customers at the lowest price. At Eurosender, we combine various logistics capabilities in one single place so all your needs will be covered. Regardless of the size of your items and your monthly shipping volume, we will always find the best delivery method for each online shipping request – all contract-free!
Some things to consider before choosing between the different types of shipping for online shops:
- Do you have a physical location?
- Can you offer pick-up at a reliable address?
- Do you want to ship from your personal address?
- Do your items vary in shape, weight and size?
- Will you sell internationally or locally?
How to choose the best shipping method for my online shop?
We understand that the variety of different types of shipping solutions for online shops available may seem overwhelming at first. If you are not sure about which is the best delivery method for your small shop, check our pages on how to set up your own logistics department to read our complete guide for beginners. For specialised assistance, get in touch with our logistics experts who will help you find the best delivery method for your store’s online shipping.
MULTICHANNEL RETAIL SHIPPING
Multichannel retail for small businesses
Why focus only on one platform when you can increase your sales by selling across multiple channels?
One of the most popular strategies for starting online sellers is to sell on more than one platform. Sellers may choose to open a profile on established e-commerce sites such as Shopify while also listing their products on other marketplaces such as Etsy or Amazon. The main advantage of multichannel retail for small businesses is having your products listed on different sites to reach a wider audience.
Multichannel shipping methods: if you decide to sell on multiple platforms, managing the different types of shipping for each online shop can take a toll on your productivity. Delegate your logistics operations to Eurosender, and we will get the best solution for each shipment, matching your exact needs. Manage all your shipments from a single platform and get a simple overview of all your deliveries and tracking info, regardless of the selling platform you used.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Types of shipping for e-commerce: get a matched solution
READY TO SHIP?
NEED MORE INFORMATION?