How to ship a crystal chandelier by courier
Glass and crystal chandeliers make an elegant and timeless addition to any living space, but due to their delicate nature, they can be quite tricky to move once they’re in place. Likewise, deciding how to transport a crystal chandelier for moving requires a little more planning and preparation to ensure your Murano glass chandelier can be transported to its new home safely. Follow our guide on packing crystal chandeliers when shipping or moving abroad. Check shipping restrictions and find answers to the most popular questions about shipping a glass or crystal chandelier inland or abroad.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Makers of fine crystal chandeliers and other crystal products
If you’re a business who needs to ship glass crystal chandeliers and other fine crystal ware abroad or locally, discover how you can benefit from your own logistics hub to keep track of all your shipments in one place. Increase efficiency, delight customers and gain an edge over your competition, with faster booking, convenient payment options and exclusive prices. Register for free, and save time and money when shipping as a business with Eurosender.
Eurosender’s shipping solutions
Regardless of the size and urgency, Eurosender has a solution to suit any type of shipment to almost any destination worldwide. Save on the cost and more, across our range of world-class shipping services:
PACKING A CRYSTAL CHANDELIER
How to pack a crystal chandelier for moving
Disassemble the chandelier
- Keep all wires and cables together by securing them with twist ties or rubber bands.
- Remove light bulbs, wrap with bubble wrap and pack them into a separate small box.
- Remove detachable pieces from the chandelier frame, including arms, chains, prisms, candle cups and ornaments with a screwdriver.
- Wrap each piece carefully with bubble wrap and cushioning and place into a separate box.
- Pack any screws or smaller fastening elements into a zip-lock bag and tape to the box.
Packing the crystal chandelier frame
- Protect any hanging parts which were unable to be removed by wrapping them with additional bubble wrap and a layer of cardboard or soft packing paper and secure with tape.
- Use the original box, if possible, and place cushioning where needed.
- Use a strong corrugated cardboard box or crate – and reinforce the bottom and sides with additional cardboard.
- Place the frame inside the box, with extra cushioning material to separate any hanging pieces to prevent them from touching the frame.
- Fill any additional space with cushioning to prevent movement during transport.
- Seal and label the box or crate, if required.
Frequently asked questions about shipping crystal chandeliers by courier
How to safely transport a crystal chandelier for moving within Europe?
When considering how to pack and transport a crystal chandelier for moving, we recommend choosing the most direct option, cutting the transport time and minimising the risk of damage during transport. Booking a van delivery is the ideal solution if you need to transport crystal chandeliers along with other household items directly, with no stop-overs along the way for other deliveries. The space inside the van is reserved for your shipment only. To find out the cost to transport a crystal chandelier along with other household items, get an instant price for removals with van delivery in Europe right now on our booking tool.
How to remove a glass crystal chandelier from the ceiling to ship it abroad?
What is the fastest method of international transportation for a small Murano glass chandelier?
Is insurance included when booking removals for crystal chandeliers and household items with Eurosender?
In most cases, when you book a removals service or shipment with Eurosender, basic insurance is included in the price. Additional insurance is available to purchase during the booking process at low prices. Please be aware that insurance will not cover items which are fragile or of high value, as these are considered restricted items by couriers. Individuals who choose to ship fragile items do so at their own risk.
If you need any advice on shipping glass chandeliers by courier, reach out to our experts who will be happy to discuss your shipment.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping a chandelier. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a chandelier, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.