How to ship outdoor furniture internationally by courier
Whether you are an outdoor furniture manufacturer/reseller, or individual planning to ship a garden bench, table, outdoor chairs, sofas or a patio umbrella for relocation or simple as online delivery, Eurosender has a solution. We have prepared a handy guide on how to pack and ship outdoor furniture domestically and abroad using courier services. Check a wide range of services for garden furniture delivery and book shipping at the lowest quotes.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Shipping solutions for outdoor furniture sellers
Are you manufacturing or selling outdoor furniture internationally? Ship garden sofas, chairs, benches and patio umbrellas with the most reliable couriers. Join thousands of companies that have chosen Eurosender as their logistics control tower. Create a business account and access all your orders and invoices in one place.
BEST SHIPPING OPTIONS
How to ship patio furniture domestically or abroad
Eurosender offers multiple logistics solutions to ship outdoor chairs, sofas, tables, or other patio furniture worldwide by courier.
What to know before shipping garden furniture by a courier?
- Choose the right shipping service for you. After packing the piece of furniture, measure the package and insert the dimensions into our size checking tool.
- Check whether you are required to print and attach the shipping label for your parcel. This information will be sent to you via email.
- Estimate the time of delivery for your route using our online tool and plan your shipment in advance.
Insurance options when sending outdoor furniture overseas
We got you covered! Every shipment send with Eurosender is insured for €200. You can purchase extra insurance when shipping more expensive garden items. We also recommend that you always keep the original invoice for the items you are going to ship.
How to pack outdoor furniture for shipping
How to pack outdoor furniture for standard shipping
Follow the packing guidelines below when shipping foldable garden furniture like chairs, tables and benches internationally with the standard service.
- Separate the removable parts. Remove any padding from patio chairs or benches and store the cushions in plastic bags.
- Wrap each item in bubble wrap and secure it with tape. Put screws in a plastic bag or wrap them in bubble wrap and tape them to the items they belong to.
- Lay the items flat in the box and use extra cushioning materials to prevent things from moving around.
- Make sure everything is secure, then seal the box with tape.
How to pack outdoor furniture for shipping on a pallet
Check our recommendations on how to pack garden furniture sets, outdoor sofas, tables, and patio umbrellas for freight transport on a pallet.
- Put some cardboard on the pallet surface and place the item on the pallet. If you ship outdoor chairs that cannot be folded, stack them.
- Remove all the moving parts, wrap them individually in bubble wrap and place the items in a well-cushioned cardboard box.
- Add a few layers of protection once the items are safely loaded on a pallet. You can wrap garden furniture like outdoor sofas or cabinets and picnic tables with bubble wrap, moving blankets and some corrugated cardboard.
- Fix the items and boxes to the pallets using strong bands and further wrap them with stretch foil.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
FAQs on garden furniture delivery
Can I ship patio furniture items and sets from abroad to my home?
The short answer is yes. If you want to buy some wicker chairs or bench for the backyard while travelling or a beautiful patio sofa and table for your garden from another country, you can organise the transportation with Eurosender.
How can I ship garden furniture from IKEA or Voga?
What is the best way to deliver outdoor furniture like garden chairs, sofas, tables within Europe?
Whether you are moving to another place or selling garden furniture, Eurosender provides access to reliable garden furniture delivery services within Europe and worldwide. The most convenient way to ship outdoor furniture sets, chairs, garden sofas, and tables is to book the Van service. A van with a dedicated driver will collect and deliver your furniture directly to the destination point.
How much does it cost to ship a patio table, sofa, chairs, umbrella or picnic set by a courier?
The item’s weight, dimensions and the chosen route are usually the main factors in determining the cost of any shipment. Eurosender makes organising such transports quick, easy and affordable. Check instant quotes with our booking tool for shipping a package or a pallet. If you want to ship heavy or bulky items, like outdoor sofas or benches, request an individual offer and our experts will provide you with the most cost-effective shipping option.