Shipping desks internationally with courier services
Desks constitute an integral part of the office and home interior because they make it much easier to work and study effectively. If you are planning a move or your company is relocating to another office, then shipping desks internationally and domestically with Eurosender might interest you. In case you want to substitute your old furniture items by new ones, you will find practical pieces of advice on how to dispose of desks by selling or donating them instead of throwing them away. This article also contains recommendations on how to wrap a desk for relocation along with the tips for sending a desk via courier at extremely affordable prices.
Check the tips for sending a desk via courier
Shipping desks internationally and domestically would be a bed of roses when you use Eurosender booking platform. This smart engine is able to find the best solution immediately based on your chosen route. Select your pick-up and delivery dates, indicate the number of items, and provide other necessary details to convince yourself that Eurosender grants the best prices in the market for shipping desks internationally and domestically.
The basic insurance is included in the price of every shipment, but we strongly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages. This is particularly important when sending a desk via courier since such furniture items are not usually that cheap, so they need to be insured. Additional insurance of 1000€ and 2000€ for standard shipping can be purchased at a very low price. Consider that you can acquire additional insurance package only during the stage of placing an order or you can discuss this option with our logistics experts in case an individual offer is needed.
Before you send a parcel, you need to consider the following tips for sending a desk via courier.
- The best way to pack and ship a desk is to follow a set of instructions below on how to wrap a desk for relocation. Depending on the size of your desk, it may either fit standard dimensions or not. It is possible to check whether your items suit standard shipping services with the help of the Shipment Size Calculator tool below.
- In case your desk or other furniture items exceed standard dimensions or you need to ship bulky and heavy items, then you can send a desk on a pallet or request an individual offer. In the latter case, our logistics specialists will prepare an offer that is specifically tailored to your requirements and offer affordable prices.
- Always check if you need to print the shipping label. This can be the case (although it does not apply to freight services) when shipping from the countries like Poland, Romania, Spain or Sweden. In other cases, the courier collecting your shipment will bring it.
- If you are moving or planning to leave the pick-up address very soon, make sure you place an order at least 2 business days prior to your departure to avoid any complications with the pick-up.
Relocation and removals
When it happens that you need to send more than one desk when relocating an office or moving house, you can enjoy the convenience of Relocation and Removals Service. It has many advantages compared to standard and freight shipping because we apply an exclusively individualistic approach to bulk shipping of your personal belongings, furniture, electronics, and other items that need to be transported. Moving to another country is simple with Eurosender as we offer removal services literally to any country on any continent. Check our popular destinations for relocation, including China, Argentina, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and many others.
If you would like to know even more about shipping desks internationally or want to learn more tips on sending a desk via courier, get in touch with us at your convenience. Our friendly customer service agents will be happy to guide you through the process by providing exclusive shipping tips and necessary recommendations in your particular case.
Packaging tips for shipping desks internationally
Before you wrap a desk for relocation or transportation, you need to find corresponding packaging materials. Proper packaging will grant extra safety during transit. Thus, you will need the following packaging materials:
- A pallet – for heavy or bulky items. It can be new or used, but it must be of the right size.
- Bands or straps – to secure the items on the pallet.
- A sturdy cardboard box – it has to be strong enough to withstand the weight of the items. You can either buy a new box at a hardware or stationery store or get a used one at a supermarket. It is fine to use an older box but only if it is in a tip-top condition.
- Moving blankets or slipcovers – for covering desks and other parts.
- Plastic or Ziploc bags – for storing smaller parts and details such as screws, bolts, and nuts.
- Cushioning materials – for internal cushioning of the package. You can use bubble wrap, polystyrene chips, Styrofoam sheets, crumpled paper, foam, cardboard protectors etc.
- Adhesive tape – to secure items and seal the box.
How to wrap a desk for relocation
Once you have prepared all the necessary materials, you can wrap a desk for relocation or transportation. Follow our instructions below to properly prepare your shipment for transit.
- Disassemble the desk. Detach the legs if possible and remove all screws and other small parts of the desk. Put each item in a plastic bag and cover it with bubble wrap.
- Protect sharp elements. Cover sharp edges, corners, and parts with bubble wrap, foam or cardboard protectors.
- Protect bigger desk parts. Cover tabletop, legs, and other components with bubble wrap to avoid scratching or any other damaging during transit. Glass and wooden desk components or panels must be protected with blankets or slipcovers.
- Prepare a cardboard box. Put some cushioning materials on the bottom of the box.
- Put the items in the box. Make sure that the tabletop, legs, and other parts are safely nested inside the box. Fill all the remaining voids with polystyrene chips or bubble wrap. Use adhesive tape to cover all seams and close the box.
- When shipping a pallet, place all the boxes in the upright position. Use bands and straps to secure the boxes on the pallet.
If you send other pieces of furniture along with a desk, read the detailed instructions on our dedicated pages on how to pack and ship chairs, tables, furniture from Voga, items from IKEA, fireplaces, and outdoor furniture.
Eurosender is the best solution for shipping desks internationally and domestically
We constantly receive orders for shipping various furniture items, including desks and chairs. While some of our customers decide to send desks via courier services for office relocation or moving house, other consumers are wondering how to dispose of desks by selling them online or sending them for recycling. Therefore, we have rich experience in shipping such items safely. Here are some benefits and advantages of sending desks via courier services ordered through Eurosender platform.
- Door-to-door shipping services. We at Eurosender grant this service for customers because we recognize that saving time and effort is priceless. There is no need to go to a parcel shop to drop off your shipment. A courier will come to the mentioned address to collect your heavy and bulky items.
- Estimated delivery date. Whether you are shipping desks internationally or domestically, you can estimate the approximate delivery date with the highest accuracy by using our convenient online tool.
- Shipment tracking is available from the moment of shipment collection until its delivery. Anyone who books shipping services via Eurosender platform will be able to use a parcel tracking tool online.
- Holistic support and order customization. We have a professional team of logistics experts and customer support agents who are always ready to answer your questions, respond to your queries, and assist you at any stage of cooperation with Eurosender. They would be also glad to share more tips for sending a desk via courier with you.