How to ship antiques and antique furniture abroad?
Professional businesses including antique collectors and individual owners often need safe and reliable antique delivery options. At Eurosender, we have already helped many businesses, museums, and galleries to ship antiques and antique furniture abroad, even overseas, saving them time and money by combining the capabilities of our vast network of reputable carriers. All you need to think about is how to pack your antiques for safe shipping.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Shipping antiques and antique furniture internationally
HOW TO PACK
How to pack antiques for safe shipping | Antique shippers’ advice
- Wrap each item separately: First, wrap with paper then bubble wrap on the outside, wrap each item several times. Secure with adhesive tape.
- Place into a small box: Put a layer of cushioning material first, then place your antique articles into the box, filling any remaining space with additional cushioning. Ensure your item is unable to move by shaking the box gently. Seal the box with tape.
- Wrap the outside of the box: Using extra foam sheets, wrap the outside of the smaller box for extra protection of your antique items all the flaps and edges with adhesive tape.
- Place into a larger box: Adding additional cushioning material to the inside to prevent the smaller box from moving during transport. Then seal the larger box with tape.
Shipping large antiques abroad
HOW TO PACK
Pack large antiques for safe shipping on a pallet
- Prepare the item for transport: Before packing large antiques on a pallet, ensure all drawers are taped shut, and loose parts are secured with cables for safe shipping.
- Protect edges with cushioning: Use padding and foam cushioning, wrap the item to prevent any damage during transport.
- Place the item on the pallet: Placing a layer of corrugated cardboard underneath the item, place the item in the centre of the pallet.
- Wrap with additional layers or use a crate: Wrap the entire antique furniture shipment with extra layers of foam cushioning and bubble wrap. We recommend using as many layers as possible, and a variety of materials to add extra protection. If you have a crate, place the crate on top and fill any extra space with padding.
- Stretch foil and strap securely: Wrap the outside of your box with stretch-foil, securing it to the bottom of the pallet. Use straps to secure the outside of the pallet.
Restrictions on sending valuable items by courier
When shipping valuable items such as antiques and antique furniture internationally, it is important to bear in mind that restrictions apply:
Given the high value and delicate nature of such items, shipping valuable antiques across the country, internationally and overseas is not recommended. Individuals choose to do so at their own risk, as shipping insurance does not apply to antiques and antique furniture transportation.
Shipping antiques domestically and abroad is possible through pre-agreed terms with logistics companies specialised in antique decorative objects and furniture transport. If you are still unsure of the best way to ship antique furniture, do not hesitate to contact our team of experts who can provide assistance and advice regarding antique furniture delivery solutions and any other type of shipment.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?