How to ship a lawn mower or a tractor internationally – with Eurosender
Whether you’re a business who needs to ship lawn mowers frequently, or an individual looking for a low-cost solution to ship a lawn mower for the first time, Eurosender has the answers. We partner with only the most renowned logistics carriers to provide you with the ideal service for any gardening equipment or lawn mower shipment. Before you decide to transport a lawn mower, a tractor, a leaf blower or any other gardening machine, you should first follow our step-by-step guide to ensure you know how to prepare a lawn mower for transportation.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Lawn mower shipping services for businesses
Whether you’re shipping B2B or B2C, discover why thousands have trusted Eurosender to up-scale their logistics department:
- Personalised digital platform – giving you a full overview of all of your logistics processes, including upcoming shipments and expenses
- New businesses can expand their logistics network – with access to world-renowned courier services, and pre-negotiated rates for lawn mower shipping
- Smart solutions for any shipping requirement – expert advice when you need it and fast, tailor-made offers for unusual requests
How to ship a lawn mower outside Europe and worldwide
Regardless of how frequently you ship, Eurosender has a range of services to suit any type of lawn mower shipment:
PACK AND SHIP
How to prepare a lawn mower for transportation
Follow these easy steps to pack and ship a lawn mower safely:
- Drain the tank and clean the lawn mower: Remove all liquids including petrol, and store them in appropriate containers. Make sure the lawn mower is clean, removing all dirt and grass.
- Consult the user guide: As every lawn mower brand is different, some mowers may have different parts which should be removed before transport. Please check this carefully. If this is not possible, simply ensure all detachable parts are removed and pack these with bubble-wrap separately.
- Deactivate spark plug: For safety reasons, you should deactivate the spark plug to disable the engine and ensure the mower is switched off.
- Fold down the handle: Most lawn mowers have a foldable handle. The best way to ship a lawn mower is to ensure this is completely secured when folding.
- Place into a box: If you have the original box or one of similar size, place it into the box and use cushioning to such as paper or foam to fill any extra space. Secure separate parts by taping to the inside of the box.
How to ship a lawn mower on a pallet
- In boxes: If you are shipping lawn mower in boxes, place pallet paper on the base of the pallet and stack boxes evenly.
- Without boxes: If you are shipping a lawn mower without a box, wrap the outside of the lawn mower with plastic or foam wrap several times. Place the lawn mower towards the centre of the pallet.
- Secure with plastic: Use stretch-wrap to cover the entire pallet and secure the lawn mower to the base. Use extra straps to ensure the lawn mower does not move during transport. For more information on pallet shipping, please see our dedicated page.
REASONS TO SHIP
Why do people choose to send a lawn mower outside Europe with Eurosender?
- Buying or selling a used lawn mower: Eurosender can help you find best courier services for shipping a used lawn mower, giving you a free instant quote.
- Returning a lawn mower for repair: Ensure your lawn mower is delivered in one piece. We find you the best courier suited to your shipping requirement.
- Sending in bulk: Manufacturers and suppliers can send their bulk lawn mower shipment with Eurosender to save time and money with our smart logistics platform
- Moving house: Reliable and low-cost removals and relocation services for your gardening equipment, including lawn mowers and other personal belongings
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Frequently asked questions about lawn mower delivery
How to transport a riding lawn mower or lawn tractor?
How can I find out the cost to ship a lawn mower abroad and book the best courier services for shipping a lawnmower?
How do I request an individual offer for shipping a lawn mower?
Is insurance included in the cost to send a leaf blower or any other gardening machines?
The insurance included depends on the method used to transport your machine.
- For standard shipping: Basic insurance of up to €200 is included in the price of shipping.
- For freight shipping: All shipments are covered by CMR conventions, with insurance included in the price of shipping.
Additional insurance is also available to purchase during the booking process. If you are still unsure about which type of insurance is right for you when you need to ship a lawn mower or leaf blower abroad or to any other destination, our team of experts are always on hand to provide advice and support whenever you need it.