How to ship a coffee machine or tea brewer safely
If you are moving to a new home across the country or abroad, you might be wondering how to pack and ship your favorite coffee machine or tea maker safely. It can be challenging to handle oddly shaped appliances or fragile items., such as tea brewers, teapots and coffee mugs. Therefore, we would recommend you to take your own measures to ensure safe transit of your coffee and tea equipment. Follow the packaging guidelines that we have put together for you and learn how to pack an espresso machine or a tea brewer for shipping.
How to place an order for coffee machine or tea maker shipping?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack coffee and tea equipment for shipping.
Eurosender will take care of arranging the shipping with a trusted logistics service provider. At the same time, you will be able to enjoy the convenience of door-to-door delivery at much lower prices than you are used to. In case you are still left with any unanswered questions on how to ship coffee and tea equipment, you can always contact our customer support team. Our specialists will be more than happy to assist you.
How to ship a coffee machine or a tea maker
Choosing the right courier service is very important for shipping an espresso machine or coffee and tea equipment in general. These items are often quite expensive, very fragile and have many oddly shaped detachable parts. Eurosender only collaborates with the most reliable international courier services, which means that your favorite coffee maker, tea brewer, coffee mug or teapot will be in good hands during the transit.
- Measure the dimensions of your parcel accurately by using our Shipment Size Checker, to see for what type of shipping your items qualifies.
- If your chosen pick-up country is either Poland, Sweden or Spain or if you chose “First possible pick-up time” service upon booking, you will have to print the label and put it on the parcel yourself. In other cases, the courier will do this for you.
- Place the order for shipping at least two days before your departure to avoid any risks in the end.
Check the dimensions of your coffee or tea equipment to determine the right shipping service
Coffee and tea equipment packaging
Proper packaging of your coffee and tea equipment is crucial if you want to ensure maximum protection. The main materials you will need to ship your espresso machine or tea brewer are the following:
- Cardboard boxes – they can be bought at any stationery or hardware store and you can get used ones in supermarket.
- Plastic bags or pouches – for storing and protecting the cables. They can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Bubble wrap – for wrapping the equipment and the cables. Bubble wrap can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Foam wrap – for extra protection.
- Packing peanuts – for internal cushioning of the cardboard boxes and filling the space between the item and the box. You can buy them at hardware stores.
- Adhesive tape – for sealing the box.
We strongly advise keeping the original coffee or tea machine packaging after the purchase in case you will need to transport it.
To help you with the process, we have prepared an exhaustive list of the main hardware stores in Europe.
How to pack coffee and tea equipment for shipping
Shipping an espresso machine or a tea brewer internationally should not be difficult if you follow some simple guidelines:
- Remove any detachable parts. Remove the porta-filter or any detachable parts and wrap them separately in bubble wrap. It is also important to protect the lids with tape and to drain the boiler.
- Wrap the equipment. Protect your espresso machine or tea brewer with bubble wrap and place it in the box. You might have to use additional cushioning materials, such as more bubble wrap or simple crumpled paper, to secure the appliance so it does not move inside the case during transit.
We recommend you to keep the invoice of the devices you want to ship. This serves as a proof of the machine’s value and is therefore required by the courier company if you start a claim procedure following your shipping.
- Protect the equipmentAlternatively, if you no longer have the original box, you can cut carton sheets out of cardboard boxes. Just wrap them around the machine, then secure everything with a lot of adhesive tape. This will further protect the case as well as the appliance itself.
- Label the package if needed. Now your coffee or tea equipment is ready for shipping. Additionally, you can also label the box with a sign saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care”. However, note that such a warning cannot guarantee that a package will be treated as such and should not substitute adequate packaging.
In case you also need to ship your teapots, teacups or coffee mugs, keep in mind that the risk of breakage is the highest around the handle. In this case, it is recommended that you pack all the extra paper around the handle to protect it.
Reasons for shipping a coffee or tea equipment
Many of our customers have already turned to us in need of shipping coffee or tea equipment internationally for various reasons. Some of the most common ones were the following:
- Sending an espresso machine or a tea maker to the repair shop. Sometimes an appliance needs to be sent to the repair shop that is located far away or even abroad. In such cases, shipping a coffee or tea maker internationally was the best solution for the majority of our customers.
- Moving abroad. When moving abroad by plane, taking all your appliances with you is usually not possible. The solution in such situations is simply shipping a coffee machine, tea brewer, teapots, coffee mugs -and other types of coffee or tea equipment- with the help of courier services.
- Selling the equipment. Some customers have sold their espresso machine -or other coffee and tea makers- online and then needed to find the best solution for sending it to the buyer. This is where courier services came in handy.
- Changing the offices. Many offices also include coffee and tea equipment, such as espresso machines, and when it comes to relocating, all the appliances need to be transported to the new location. In such cases, shipping is the easiest and most convenient solution.
If there is anything else you would like to know about shipping coffee or tea equipment or you are still unsure about sending an espresso machine by courier do not hesitate to get in touch with our experienced customer support team.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping coffee and tea equipment. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship an espresso machine, a tea brewer, teapots or coffee mugs, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.