How to transport motorcycles with Eurosender
Taking your favourite machine for that ideal holiday does not have to be problematic. If you were thinking about renting a motorcycle in the country you are travelling to because shipping appeared to be either too expensive or overly complicated, Eurosender is here to help. We will do all we can to make the process of booking a reliable logistics partner for motorcycle transport as easy as possible. We will also give you the best motorcycle, scooter or moped delivery quotes. This article will provide you with tips on how to secure your motorbike for shipping and guide you through the booking process.
How to place an order for transporting motorcycles internationally and domestically?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries and the cargo’s weight. As motorcycles, scooters and mopeds fall into the category of unusual and heavy items, choose the freight service or the option of an individual offer.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to ship a motorcycle, scooter or moped to another country as well as how to secure and prepare motorcycles for transport.
The basic insurance is included in the price of every shipment, but we strongly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages. This is especially important when transporting valuable items such as a motorbike. Additional insurance of 1000€, 2000€, or 5000€ can be purchased at a very low price. Make sure you discuss these possibilities with our shipping specialists before you decide.
How to prepare a motorcycle for transport
When shipping motorcycles, scooters or mopeds preparation for transport is one of the most important things to consider. The instructions and suggestions below will help you make sure that you go through this process without too much hassle:
- Clean your motorcycle thoroughly – make sure that you wash off any dirt or other smudges that cover your motorbike, moped or scooter. This will make the following steps easier and save you any extra cleaning charges from the logistics company.
- Take note of any scratches or damages – look around your motorcycle and document all the damages, even the smallest. This will help you make a claim in case of any damage during transport.
- Make a record of any mechanical issues – as with the point above, it is extremely important to know what state your motorcycle, scooter or moped is in.
- Take a lot of pictures – photograph all the damages you might find and make a photo documentation of every part of your motorcycle. Ensure that they are date stamped for further reference.
- Remove all accessories and parts – be sure to remove your motorcycle bags and any other decorative or safety accessories that are attached to your vehicle. Look at all the loose items around your motorbike and remove them if possible. They could get damaged if not packed separately and securely.
- Drain the tank – make sure that there is not too much petrol in your tank but do not empty it completely. You might need to drive it off when it arrives at the target destination.
Check your motorcycle insurance
When shipping your motorcycle, moped or scooter check the details of your insurance. It might cover any loss or damage during transport. Check if that also applies to accessories. If not, Eurosender offers basic insurance for every transport while you should also consider choosing one of our extra insurance packages. Contact our customer support specialists if you need more information.
How to secure your motorcycle for transport
The shipment of your motorcycle can be done in two ways. If it fits pallet dimensions, you can send it as freight. If that is not the case, Eurosender can prepare an individual offer. A truck/van will be booked especially for you and a professional courier will load your items and secure them for proper and safe motorcycle transport.
If you decide to use a pallet for motorbike transport, make sure you follow the steps below. These will help you ensure that your vehicle is not damaged during shipment.
- Secure and fasten the wheels – if you can get a pallet with special cutouts for wheels, that is the best option. If not, make sure that you secure the wheels of your motorbike so that they cannot be moved during shipping.
- Use straps to mount your motorcycle – use at least two of them. One for the front of the motorcycle and one for the back. Preferably, they should be manufactured specifically for motorcycles. Otherwise, ensure that they are made from soft materials not to scratch your motorbike body.
- Pack up all the accessories – put them in a box and secure them so that they do not get damaged. Consider packing them with bubble wrap or soft cloth to ensure safe shipping. Use a cardboard box for easier transportation.
The reasons for shipping a motorbike
There are a few situations when you would need to transport a motorcycle or scooter domestically of internationally using a logistics company. To show you in what types of situations it might be beneficial to use a shipping service, we collected some of our previous customers’ suggestions.
- Holidays. Very often people want to travel abroad and spend time doing what they love – cruising. To save you the time on actually travelling on your motorcycle to your country of choice, you should consider courier services.
- Selling a motorcycle. When the buyer is from a different country, it could deter you from making the deal. It will help to know that you can ship the motorbike, shooter or moped abroad with our trusted logistics partners.
- Moving abroad. When planning to settle down in a foreign country, you might be tempted to sell your favourite machine beforehand. That’s not necessary as Eurosender can help you organize a cost-efficient way to take it with you.
If you are still unsure how to ship a motorcycle, scooter or moped or have questions about any details, contact our customer support agents and logistics experts. They will be happy to assist you and answer all your questions about services for shipping motorcycles.