The cheapest shipping of a sailboat
Many sailboat enthusiasts all over the globe enjoy spending their free time on a sailboat. After a long, cold winter, sailors are eager to go out on the water again after seeing the first rays of sun in spring. But what if you want to sail in another city or even country? Then you would have to ship your boat before you go there. Eurosender will find you the cheapest and most reliable courier provider. The only thing you have to do is pack your order and Eurosender will take care of the rest. Now that you have found the best option for the cheapest shipping of a sailboat, let’s look at how to pack and ship a sailboat when you want to make a sailboat delivery by courier.
Get informed on how to ship a sailboat in a few simple steps.
Shipping with Eurosender is simple, quick and reliable. All you have to do is:
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight.
You will be provided with the best available offer.
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service.
Get informed on how to pack your items for shipping.
Make sure to place an order at least two days prior to the pick-up date and have someone at the address to give the package to the courier.
Check the dimensions and weight of your parcel in the shipment size checker below. If it is too big, too heavy or oddly shaped, ask for an individual offer.
Check which service to choose
How to pack and ship a sailboat
Before we start explaining how to pack and ship a sailboat, please take a look at the general tips for shipping your packages:
- Before you can place an order at Eurosender, it is essential that you know the dimensions of your package. You can use our free Shipment Size Checker to measure the dimensions. Remember that you have to measure the dimensions only after packing your items.
- In general, the courier prints the label and attaches it to your shipment. However, when the pick-up address is in Poland, Sweden or Spain, you must do this by yourself.
- The order has to be placed 2 days before your departure date, in case you are planning to leave the delivery address. When you are not able to be present at the delivery address, make sure that there is someone to replace you to receive the sailboat delivery by courier.
Packing materials for shipping a sailboat
- Cardboard: You can use new or used cardboard, as long as it is not damaged in any way.
- Boxes: You will need 1 box for the sails and 1 box for the sailboat parts.
- Bubble wrap: To wrap the parts.
- Plastic bag(s): To place the parts in.
- Packing peanuts or other cushioning material: To fill up the empty space in the box.
- Adhesive tape: To close and seal the boxes.
How to pack and ship a sailboat
Packing and shipping a sailboat is not the simplest task but with the right instructions, it is much easier. To help you we have divided our guide in three parts.
- How to pack a sailboat
- How to pack the sails
- How to pack sailboat parts
Before you start packing, don’t forget that first, you must disassemble all parts that can be disassembled. Also keep in mind that you need the necessary tools on the receiving end, to put everything back together.
How to pack a sailboat
There are 2 ways to ship your sailboat. When the sailboat fits the dimensions of a pallet, you can send it as freight. If that is not the case, Eurosender can prepare an individual offer. A truck/van will be booked especially for you and a professional courier will load your items and secure them for proper and safe sailboat transport.
When you choose to use a pallet for the transport of your sailboat, keep in mind that sailboats differ in size, weight and height and therefore the packing depends on these factors. In most cases, you wrap the boat in protective foil (such as bubble wrap) and then place it on a pallet. After that, you can build a crate around it and seal it.
However, we strongly recommend you contact our customer support team to get specific instructions for packing the boat you want to ship. This way you can be confident that your sailboat gets the right packing and won’t be suffering any damage. Our Customer service is available in 15 languages by phone and email, waiting to answer all your questions regarding fast shipping of a sailboat.
Any shipment sent through Eurosender is automatically insured for the amount of up to 200€. However, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance for valuable items such as sailboats. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a small extra price.
Freight shipments are insured according to the provisions of the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR Convention). Extra insurance is also available for purchase and the price is determined based on the value of your shipment. If you want to receive a price quotation for additional insurance, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For freight shipments, the price for additional insurance is automatically determined based on the value of the shipment. In the second step of the ordering process, by entering the value of your shipment, the final price for extra insurance will be instantly shown and you will have the option to add it to your order total.
How to pack the sails
With the instructions below it will be a breeze to pack the sails of your sailboat and prepare them for the cheapest shipping of a sailboat.
- Fold the sails according to the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Wrap the sails with foil and seal with adhesive tape.
- Take a box (that is big enough for both sails) and put the sails in the box
- Seal the box
While every shipment is covered by the standard insurance, we highly recommend that you also choose one of our extra insurance packages, especially when shipping more expensive sailboat parts. Additional insurance can be added at extremely low prices while giving you the necessary piece of mind.
How to pack sailboat parts
Take a look at the instructions on how to pack sailboat parts:
- Wrap the sailboat parts individually in bubble wrap.
- Collect all parts in a plastic bag which you then seal with tape.
- Take a box, big enough for all parts, and fill the bottom with packing peanuts or any other cushioning material.
- Place the bag with parts in the box and fill it up with packing peanuts.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape and make sure that you cover all corners.
Important note: The boat, the sail and the parts must be packed separately. It is not allowed to bind packages together. The 3 packages will go in 1 order, but you will get three individual tracking numbers. For more information on tracking your package check out our dedicated page.
Why choose for fast shipping of a sailboat with Eurosender?
Over time many people have contacted us with questions about how to pack and ship a sailboat. Take look at the most common reasons why people are looking for fast shipping of a sailboat.
- Vacation: When people go on holiday, they often want to take their own sailboat. However, this is impossible when you travel by plane. When you travel by car you have to take a trailer, which will significantly increase the travelling time. When you ship your sailboat with Eurosender, you can take your boat everywhere and travel with ease.
- Relocation: When people move to another city or country, the big question is often: How do I bring my sailing boat? With the help of Eurosender this question is easily answered. We will make sure that your boat will be shipped as fast as possible, using the cheapest and most reliable courier companies for a sailboat delivery by courier. Also check out our special guide on relocation.
- Buying/Selling used sailboats and parts: There is a lively trade in second-hand sailboats on the online market-places. But what do you do when you found a sailboat that matches your budget? Shipping is rarely included and often the responsibility of the seller or buyer. That’s where Eurosender helps you find the cheapest and easiest way to ship your boat and boat parts by using sailboat delivery by courier.
When you are relocating and like active leisure also take a look at these dedicated pages about sports items: