How to send an umbrella by courier
Have you forgotten your umbrella at your friend’s party in another town? Maybe you’ve ordered an exclusive or personalized sun and rain protection accessory in an online store abroad, for example, a knitted umbrella from Etsy, and are looking for the best possible price for a local or international delivery? Then we’ll share some useful tips on how to ship a parasol or an umbrella with you. Of course, most people send these items with other personal belongings. If this is your case, don’t forget that you’re dealing with a fragile object. If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution to send an umbrella by courier, you’re on the right page. Here, you’ll also find a detailed guide on how to pack an umbrella for successful delivery. With Eurosender, you’ll get the lowest price for all your shipments.
The best way to post an umbrella overseas or domestically
So, you have a foldable or a straight umbrella, and you want to find the best way to post it overseas.
Whether you’re interested in shipping umbrellas internationally or domestically, follow these simple steps.
Once you’ve packed your parasol or umbrella for successful delivery, you will not have to worry about anything else. We’ll take it from here and arrange everything with a reliable courier company selected by our algorithm according to the criterion of the best quality/price ratio.
- Some umbrellas are quite expensive. If you want your umbrella to arrive safely at the destination, read some information regarding the proper way of packing such items for successful delivery. Whether it’s a big item like a sunshade parasol or a small foldable umbrella, the packaging instructions will be quite similar. The only difference is that in the case of straight umbrellas, you’ll need to protect the handle.
- Use theshipping calculator below to determine the type of shipping service that you can In most cases, you’ll need to choose the standard service. If you’re shipping many umbrellas internationally or if you have a big parcel with many items inside, sometimes it’s recommended to ask for an individual offer.
- Before shipping a parasol, check whether you need to print out the label and attach it to your parcel. In most cases, this service is provided by the delivery company, whilst in some countries, clients will be asked to do it on their own.
- While basic 200€ insurance is already included in the price of every shipment booked on our platform, we recommend that customers sending more expensive items also opt for extra insurance packages. If you ship a parasol with other expensive items, additional insurance of up to 1000€ or 2000€ is available at extremely low rates on our website.
Check your parcel dimensions
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask our logistics experts. They will gladly tell you all you need to know about the best way to post an umbrella overseas.
You’ll find below the list of materials you’ll need to pack an umbrella properly for successful delivery:
- Umbrella case. It’s always an excellent idea to use it when you need to send an umbrella by courier.
- A cardboard box of the right size– they are needed to transport your items safely.
- Bubble wrap – it is the best packaging material to protect delicate items, especially when it comes to shipping umbrellas internationally.
- Cushioning materials– you can use packing peanuts, polystyrene chips, Styrofoam sheets, crumpled newspapers, and foam wrap to cushion the internal space of the box.
- Adhesive tape– to secure the items, packaging materials, and the seams of the box.
How to pack an umbrella for successful delivery
The best way to post an umbrella overseas is to pack it properly for transport. In many cases, several layers of additional protection may be needed. Whether you send a straight or a folding umbrella by courier, it’s always good to put it in a special case. Here, we’ll tell you how to pack a parasol or a standard umbrella so that it arrives without any damage to its destination.
- Make sure that the umbrella is not wet. It must be 100% dry when you start packing it.
- Prepare a cardboard box. If you ship a parasol with a long handle that doesn’t fit into a regular-sized box, consider combining several boxes to make one box out of them. To do so, take 2 (3) boxes of the same size. Fix the top flaps vertically. Place each flap on top of the other box. Now the length of the box will let you put a long umbrella inside. Join the boxes together and make one long box out of two with the help of adhesive tape. If the above method is not for you, you can use corrugated cardboard for outer protection of your straight umbrella.
- If you have a folding umbrella, just take a box that is slightly bigger than the item itself.
- When shipping umbrellas internationally, keep in mind that your items will spend many days in transit. In the case of parasols, the handle must be protected with the utmost care. Apply many layers of bubble wrap around it to ensure the optimal protection layer. If it’s a PVC parasol, make sure there are no sharp objects near it. For PVC items, we recommend using their original cases and only then apply the bubble wrap. Using this material for packaging is usually the best way to post an umbrella or any other fragile item overseas.
- If the box is larger than the parasol or the umbrella, use some cushioning materials to fill empty spaces inside it. It will help you ship a parasol
- Put your umbrella in a box. If it’s a parasol, use several cardboard boxes to make a long one, as described above.
- Seal the packaging with adhesive tape. Put a label on the parcel (if applicable).
Congratulations! Now you’re ready to send an umbrella or a parasol by courier. You only have to wait for the driver and hand the parcel over to him.
The advantages of shipping umbrellas internationally with Eurosender
- An innovative online platform allowing you to place an order on our website within a few minutes and see the cost of shipping services immediately.
- Automatic selection of the courier company with the best quality / price ratio.
- Door-to-door delivery service.
- Tracking number to follow your package online.
If you have any questions regarding the best and cheapest way to post an umbrella overseas, feel free to contact our customer support team.