Shipping a guitar internationally | Guitar packing guide
Discover the best way to ship a guitar abroad safely. With Eurosender, you will have access to the most affordable prices for shipping a guitar internationally with the most trusted courier companies. Choose the service that best serves your requirements and instantly arrange your guitar delivery with the tool below. Check our guidelines on how to pack your guitar for shipping or moving and avoid any damages along the way.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
What to have in mind when sending a guitar by courier or post
- First, pack your guitar and measure the final dimensions of the final packaging to determine which service is best for your shipment.
- Plan the guitar collection in advance to avoid any inconvenience and make sure someone is present at the pick-up and delivery addresses.
- In some cases, you may need to print the shipping label on your own. This information will be provided during the booking process, and the label will be sent to you by e-mail.
HOW TO SHIP
Services available for sending guitars internationally
HOW TO PACK
How to pack a guitar in a package for shipping by courier?
Follow these packaging steps to ensure maximum safety when shipping a guitar internationally by courier or post:
- Remove detachable parts and guitar straps and wrap them separately in bubble wrap. Place the guitar in the case.
- Use newspaper or bubble wrap to fill any gaps between the inside of the case and the guitar so it does not move inside the case during transit. We recommend using a hard case for better protection.
- Close the case and wrap it with adhesive tape.
- Put the case on a cardboard box. If you have kept the original guitar packaging, we strongly recommend using it. Fill all the empty spaces with packing peanuts or other cushioning materials and seal the box.
- Protect the box. Secure everything with adhesive tape.
How to pack a guitar for shipping without a case
This is the best way to ship an acoustic, bass or electric guitar without a case:
- Loosen the strings to prevent them from breaking and decrease the stress on the guitar neck.
- Bubble wrap the guitar carefully.
- Place your acoustic or electric guitar in a padded gig bag or any other soft bag.
- Fill the space with cushioning materials and seal the box. Use more packing material when shipping an electric guitar as it is heavier than an acoustic guitar.
- Place the guitar in the cardboard shipping box with plenty of bubble wrap. It is better to use a guitar box or a musical instrument cardboard box.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their
permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Set up a business account
Ship your guitar internationally with insurance!
When shipping with Eurosender, basic insurance is automatically included in the price. For extra protection, we also offer additional insurance with higher coverage at very low rates.
Always make sure you protect your guitar properly in its original case or box when shipping it internationally and keep the original invoice to service as proof of value. When shipping an electronic instrument, please consider that the insurance may not apply for used or second-hand devices.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?