How to pack and ship a laptop internationally
When shipping an item as important and expensive as a laptop, you might get worried about how to make sure that your beloved machine reaches its destination without suffering any damage. At Eurosender, we understand that you might have second thoughts before handing your laptop to the courier, which is why we have prepared a short overview of everything you need to know before shipping a laptop. By following these instructions, you will learn how to ship a laptop and make sure that it is delivered in a safe manner.
How to place an order for shipping a laptop?
Choose the pick-up and delivery countries, the number of packages and their weight
You will immediately receive the best available offer
Fill in the form with your details and pay for the service
Get informed on how to pack a laptop for shipping
We will take care of every other task for you and arrange everything with the courier company in your name. Your shipment will be collected from your doorstep, saving you time and money.
Another advantage of shipping a laptop through Eurosender is that standard insurance up to 200€ is already included in the price. However, we always recommend purchasing additional insurance for valuable items such as laptops. Additional insurance of up to 1000€ and 2000€ can be added at a small extra price.
If you have any additional questions about how to ship a laptop, you can always turn to our customer support and they will be more than happy to guide you through the procedure.
How to ship a laptop
We understand that when shipping an iMac that you have recently bought, you want to make sure that the whole delivery process will run as smoothly as possible. By carefully choosing the right packaging materials and packing the computer properly, you will minimize the risk of any problems arising during transit. At Eurosender, we only work with the most reliable courier services on the market, who will make an effort to quickly, affordably, and, most importantly, safely deliver your laptop to your chosen destination.
Here are some tips before booking shipping services:
- Make sure you measure the dimensions of your parcel accurately and check what type of shipping service you need to choose, by using our Shipment Size Checker.
- Check with the shipping services provider whether you need to print and put labels on the package yourself or you can leave this task to the courier service – when shipping your items with Eurosender, the label needs to be printed by the customer if the pick-up country is either Poland, Sweden or Spain or if you choose Flexi service.
- Place the order for shipping at least 2 days before your departure from the location to avoid any risks in the end.
Laptop packaging is very important for the overall safety of your computer during transit. The main packaging materials you will need for shipping a laptop are:
- Plastic bags or pouches – for packing the charger, mouse, headphones or other laptop equipment
- Cardboard boxes (and the original packaging of your laptop) – for packing laptop, charger etc. The boxes used should be sturdy enough to ensure the strength of the package. They can be bought at any stationery or hardware store and you can get used ones in supermarkets.
- Bubble wrap – for securing individual parts. Bubble wrap can be bought at any stationery or hardware store.
- Packing peanuts – for internal cushioning of the cardboard boxes. You can buy them at hardware stores.
- Adhesive tape – for sealing the box
How to pack a laptop for shipping
Shipping a laptop internationally can be very easy and safe if it is done properly. If you are not sure how to pack a laptop for shipping, follow these instructions:
- Prepare the laptop. You should first turn off the laptop and place a thin layer of bubble wrap between the screen and the keyboard to prevent any damage or scratching. Then generously wrap your laptop in bubble wrap and secure it with adhesive tape. You should always double check and make sure that you have really turned off your laptop as wrapping it in plastic can lead to overheating and battery damage.
- Place the laptop in its original box. Fill the box with cushioning material to prevent the laptop from sliding.
We strongly advise keeping the original boxes of the laptop you purchase in case you will need to transport it in the future. It should be noted that the insurance is only valid if the shipped electronic item is packed in its original box.
- Wrap the original box with bubble wrap. This will better protect the device against any shocks during the transportation.
- Place the smaller box with the laptop in a bigger cardboard box. This will enable you to further protect your shipment as you can fill the bigger box with additional cushioning materials, such as packing peanuts or more bubble wrap. Leave as little space as possible between both boxes for maximum protection.
- Pack the additional components. If you need to ship any additional equipment, such as your laptop charger, you need to pack it separately to avoid scratches or damages. Secure each individual item with bubble wrap and put it in the bigger box.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape. Make sure you cover all the corners and flaps of the box. You can also stick a label saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on your box, however, note that when booking standard shipping services, the courier handling your shipment is not obliged to take it into consideration. When you are done with everything, gently shake the box to make sure the items inside do not move. Thus, you will know that they are securely packed and protected.
We recommend you to keep the original invoice for the items you are going to send. This document serves as a proof of the laptop’s value and is therefore normally required by the courier companies if the customer starts a claim procedure following the shipping.
The reasons for shipping a laptop
Here are some of the reasons for shipping a laptop that our customers listed when they decided to book our services:
- Buying a laptop abroad. Tech-savvy people like to stay up to date when it comes to the latest trends in the world of computers. If the newest electronic creation is not available in their own country, they might need to have it delivered from abroad. If such service is not included in the price, shipping an Asus, Lenovo, HP or any other laptop with the help of a courier company is the best solution when purchasing a laptop abroad.
- Sending it to the repair shop. You might need to send your laptop back for warranty repair. If the warranty service is located far away, you might want to simply ship the laptop there and avoid having to drive there and losing time as well as money.
- Moving abroad. When moving abroad, there are just so many items you need to take with you. Shipping a laptop to the destination will save you the trouble of carrying it with you.
- Selling the laptop. If you sell your laptop online and you cannot meet with the buyer in person, shipping the laptop could be the easiest and cheapest solution.
- Laptop forgotten at the airport. Unfortunately, rushing to the gate at the airport can have negative consequences, such as forgetting the laptop at the airport. Eurosender also offers shipping from the airport and has already helped several customers who were in such situation.
- Changing the offices. When relocating and changing offices, the electronic equipment also needs to be transported to the new location. Sending everything is the best solution in this case as multiple laptops can be sent at once.
- Sending it to a friend. Some of our customers mentioned that their friends or relatives had left their precious electronic devices behind when they visited them. In such cases, there is usually no other way than to ship a laptop after them and make sure it arrives to the destination quickly and safely.
When shipping laptops internationally, it is important to note that lithium batteries are forbidden for any sent items transported by air. For international shipments to and from Greece with Eurosender, courier services providers will not transport batteries or any type of electronic device including this type batteries. When placing an order, check that the transport of your laptop will be done by road, in which case lithium batteries are allowed.
In case there is anything else you would like to know about how to ship a laptop or how to pack a laptop for shipping, you can always contact our customer support team and they will be happy to answer your questions.
Take into consideration these guidelines when shipping a laptop. Nevertheless, please consider that following them does not guarantee that the courier company will transport your package without restriction. In case you decide to ship a laptop, Eurosender will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the transportation of your shipment.