How to pack and ship a laptop internationally
Are you an individual willing to buy a new portable PC at a better price abroad? Or an electronics reseller looking for a reliable national and international delivery partner for your business? Get the right service to ship a laptop safely with Eurosender! Expert advice from our logistics professionals, whenever you need it. Shipping prices that match any budget. All through one single platform.
What are you interested in?
READY TO SHIP?
Book your door-to-door delivery right away
What is the best way to send a laptop?
HOW TO PACK
How to prepare a laptop for shipping in a package
Shipping a laptop in Europe or internationally can be very easy if you just follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the laptop and place the laptop in its original padded box.
- Use bubble wrap to secure the original box and place it in a bigger cardboard box.
- Fill empty spaces with cushioning materials, such as packing peanuts.
- Pack all additional components separately.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape.
- You can also add a warning label saying “Fragile” or “Handle with care” on the box.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Get more for less!
Join thousands of businesses that have chosen Eurosender as their permanent shipping platform and get immediate access to multiple benefits.
Get started as a business
What is the best way to ship multiple laptops?
HOW TO PACK
How to pack laptops for shipping on a pallet?
When you need to ship multiple laptops, preparing them on a pallet is easy when you follow our simple instructions on how to pack laptops for shipping in bulk.
- Choose a pallet in good condition. Place paper liners or cardboard on top of the pallet.
- Prepare the laptop in its original box, and place into another larger cardboard box.
- If shipping multiple laptops, select a box large enough to pack multiple boxes inside tightly, then fill any extra space with cushioning and seal.
- Place each box onto pallet. Use paper liners in between boxes for protection.
- Stack each box evenly, do not exceed pallet dimensions.
- Use pallet cables and plastic wrap to secure the load and tie at the base.
Shipping laptops and electronics with a dedicated van
Shipping laptops and other electronics in bulk across Europe with a dedicated van is ideal if you need a fast and affordable way of transporting your goods directly, with no stop-overs. Get an instant price for van delivery in Europe to ship laptops, electronics and more on our booking tool.
Important: While packing is not always required for van shipments, we do recommend to pack your fragile laptops and other electronics carefully, according to our instructions to minimise the risk of damage during transport.
Regulations on shipping iPads and other lithium battery-powered gadgets
Sending laptops in the mail or by courier is perfectly legal both for private individuals and for authorized resellers if the gadgets you are shipping comply with the requirements below.
Items containing attached, non-removable lithium-ion batteries, such as the newest laptop models, can be sent by all modes of transport, provided they comply with the parameters outlined in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria:
Devices with lithium batteries exceeding the above specifications cannot be transported by air but can be carried by road or travel by sea.
When shipping laptops, it is recommended not to charge the battery to more than 30%. The relevant transportation recommendations for every gadget model can be found in the manufacturer’s product information sheet.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?